Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call the Richmond office every 3-5 days. The DOLETA web-site is only updated once a month or so. I think they have put more people to work on RIR now, so perhaps we will see a speed-up in the near future. Thanks.

I think these folks read this thread now they know people are going to talk to Viriginia Governor and things started speeding up.

Re: Speeeding up the process

Originally posted by mvrgopaal
It looks like they are speeding up the process. This week is really good they moved 4 days this week.

Look what they have done to us, our expectations are so low that when they move 10 days in a month we think they are making progress. IMO Anything less than 30 days in a month is no progress at all, it just sends us back every month.

Even NJ is moving faster than VA now, Keep on sending emails to the officials and may be in the long run we will see some change.

Originally posted by vk2003
I call the Richmond office every 3-5 days. The DOLETA web-site is only updated once a month or so. I think they have put more people to work on RIR now, so perhaps we will see a speed-up in the near future. Thanks.

Hi vk2003,
Can you please give us the phone number we need to call?
Thanks a lot

clzeus10 is dead on. They have made us sweat so much that we think 1 day moving in 1 week is fast processing. They should be processing applications much faster. Imagine if you apply for unemployment benefits and have to wait for 3 years to get it or doesnt' matter any other benefit. No other agency processes applications slower.

DOL Phone Number

The number is (804) 236 2717 - if you call on Friday afternoon to get a processing date update, please post it on this site asap, so I won't waste any of their time calling again. Thanks.

Virginia RIR and NON-RIR status update

I just called (804) 236 2717. As of Oct 10, 2003, 10 a.m. they are processing RIR cases received on March 26, 2002 and NON-RIR cases received on May 5, 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone receive any replies for the emails they sent to senators/Governor/Labor dept. Please post some details around that.
thanks

Case Moved to Phily DOL

My case (receipt date: March 21 2002) was moved to the regional office (Phily DOL) on October 9th 2003.

All the best to everyone.

Response From Senator George Allen

Dear ------------

Thank you for your recent communication. I am sorry to learn of the circumstances that prompted your request.

Unfortunately, your concern does not involve a Federal agency, and therefore it does not fall within the oversight authority ofthe United States Senate.

In an effort to be helpful to you, however, I am sending your letter to the Virginia Employment Commission for their review and direct response to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate, and I look forward to working with you to make Virginia and America a better place to live, learn, work and raise a family.

With warm regards, I remain

Sincerely,

George Allen

Unquote

This is definitely a positive development as now the VEC is going to hear from the officials in power and they will have to respond to all the inquiries from them.

I am also expecting a response from the Virginia governor's office, If I don't receive it in a couple more days, I will contact them again.

But people, this is going to work, so keep on trying, Your case needs to be heard.

Has anyone got any reply from Va governor?

Hello Frinds:

If anyone have any rply from VA governor please post it.

Thanks

orissa

Update

Virginia Now Processing 3/22/02.

Ya they moved 4 days in 1 month. Our life is ruined by these lousy As***les. I see no end in sight for this quagmire.

I don't know what to do. This is beyond frustrating, it is cruel, it is criminal. Someone needs to get fired for this shit, for what they are doing to us.

People calling to check for status, has anyone asked them what is the reason for the delay??

I just think they take their own sweet time. Its just need based.
They dont need immigrants now and they dont care. Tommorow if they need people I can bet they will process GCs within a month.

Re: Update

Originally posted by clzeus10
Virginia Now Processing 3/22/02.

Ya they moved 4 days in 1 month. Our life is ruined by these lousy As***les. I see no end in sight for this quagmire.

I don't know what to do. This is beyond frustrating, it is cruel, it is criminal. Someone needs to get fired for this shit, for what they are doing to us.

People calling to check for status, has anyone asked them what is the reason for the delay??

clzeus10, did you call to Richmond or Alexandria office? Last time in Alexandria office they told me about March 27th 2002. How it can be March 22nd?

I was talking about the dates posted on this site, you know when they update the labor certification processing times page.

It is obviously a little bit behind from what we are hearing when we call.

Status
Not open for further replies.