Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome!

The biggest nightmare I have is about receiving a NOF after all the frustrating wait (both SWA and Philly DOL)....

I have heard on Philly DOL forum that many are receiving NOF and are required to advertise one more time. This usually happens if there have been lay offs of American workers for a similar position for which you are applying for LC. :(

Is my understanding correct? Anybody, please confirm!
Thanks.

Originally posted by serg_leo
I'm living in MD but I'm working in VA.

Actually I currently live in MD and work in MD. But my lawyer asked me to apply for LC in VA because VA is much fatser than MD for RIR processing. Also, the company I work for, has an office in Chantilly, VA. (Same DC-Baltimore metropolitan region as the office I am currently working in). He also said this should not cause any problems since LC is applied for a future job and for a given geographical region and it can be logically argued that my current office in MD and the Chantilly, VA office are in the same DC Metropolitan region. So I can lawfully be a beneficiary of an LC obtained from VA although I live and work in MD (before and after obtaining GC).

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?

PERM further delayed!!!! :(

Please read the following update from Mr. Gotcher on PERM taken from a thread at the following website:

http://immigration-information.com/showthread.php?t=3080

----------------------------------------------------
The following information became available three days ago (Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03102940 (Oct. 29, 2003):

"UPDATE ON DOL ISSUES

Prepared by Fran Berger, DOL Liaison Chair
October 28, 2003

1. As many of you may be aware, liaison since the annual conference in June of this year has focused on RIR processing issues originating in Region VI with potential impact throughout the Regions. In this regard, we are awaiting the issuance of guidance to the field from DOL HQ, which is expected by mid-November 2003. It is anticipated that the guidance will give some standards for how the longer pending RIR applications will be processed and how we should approach new RIR filings.
We are advised the PERM regulation may still be published by year end with implementation scheduled within 120 days thereafter, possibly in March, April or May 2004. DOL HQ plans to schedule approximately four (4) training sessions around the country, prior to the implementation date. During the same period, DOL will be Beta testing PERM software.
DOL HQ is moving forward with the creation of two backlog reduction centers, which will be located in Dallas and Philadelphia. Gaithersburg, the pilot backlog reduction center, will close at the end of this calendar year. Once the selection of the contractor is in place (likely to be finalized by the end of this calendar year), it is expected that the centers will be up and running quickly as DOL has the necessary software and training materials from the pilot program. Of course, the backlog reduction effort is contingent upon the availability of funds in the FY 04 budget.
With regret, we advise you that Pat Stange of DOL HQ will be retiring at the end of this month. Anyone who wants to wish him well should try to reach him this week."

15300 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
E-mail: JRG@GotcherLaw.com

Source: http://immigration-information.com/showthread.php?t=3080

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by mvinays
Sorry guys. Bad news!! I called the 804 number again today as per labor pain's request. Another person answered my call and he said they are processing RIR cases received on April 3rd, 2002. :( I don't understand what the hell is going on. Different people give different answers when I call VEC. This is terrible!

I hope and pray that the guy you talked to earlier was correct and the guy who told you "April 3rd" was a MORON.

Though deep down we all know which one is likely to be true.

I have no words for these morons at VEC, someone needs to get this A** Kicked for this nonsense. I mean for god sake this is the US, not some third world country devoid of technology, at this pace this thing would move faster if it were in Somalia or some thing and they had illiterate people processing applications.

Last month they moved 4 freakin days in a month?? Give me a F**kin break and do some work for a change.

Actually I currently live in MD and work in MD. But my lawyer asked me to apply for LC in VA because VA is much fatser than MD for RIR processing. Also, the company I work for, has an office in Chantilly, VA. (Same DC-Baltimore metropolitan region as the office I am currently working in). He also said this should not cause any problems since LC is applied for a future job and for a given geographical region and it can be logically argued that my current office in MD and the Chantilly, VA office are in the same DC Metropolitan region. So I can lawfully be a beneficiary of an LC obtained from VA although I live and work in MD (before and after obtaining GC).

I live in MD and work in VA and so I also have applied from VA as per lawyers advice, don't think it will be a problem at all.

Originally posted by clzeus10
I hope and pray that the guy you talked to earlier was correct and the guy who told you "April 3rd" was a MORON.

Though deep down we all know which one is likely to be true.

I have no words for these morons at VEC, someone needs to get this A** Kicked for this nonsense. I mean for god sake this is the US, not some third world country devoid of technology, at this pace this thing would move faster if it were in Somalia or some thing and they had illiterate people processing applications.

Last month they moved 4 freakin days in a month?? Give me a F**kin break and do some work for a change.

When I first called, it was an Asian lady who answered the phone. She told me that they were processing RIR cases of April 25, 2002. Another guy answered my call this morning and told that it was April 3, 2002. :(

I have a friend. He is living in MD and working in MD as contractor on some project. His company in VA. His labor was in VA.
Don't worry you Ok.

Govt Holidays may delay labor further

Hi Guys,

State has lot of holidays in November,december and January, so the processing might be even slow than expected.

for thanks giving 2.5 days
for christamas 2.5 days
for new year 2 days.

Whats the difference between Richmond and Alexandria

Hi guys.

Whats the difference between Richmond office and Alexandira office. Is there a rule on what case goes to which office?

Thanks

I just called the 804 number (Richmond). They are processing RIR applications received on April 9, 2002 and NON-RIR applications received on Aug 6, 2001 ( as of Nov 13, 2003 3:30 pm)

I just called the 804 number (Richmond). They are processing RIR applications received on April 9, 2002 and NON-RIR applications received on Aug 6, 2001 ( as of Nov 13, 2003 3:30 pm)

Wow!! Aug 6 for Non-Rir???? I mean holy cow, that is some good news for people in Non-RIR, I mean the last posted date was 5/3/2001, and now suddenly they have moved 3 months.

Sounds too good to be true, I only hope that somehow they can find a way to replicate the same for RIR applications too. Damn that would be HOT, I would throw a party and invite all of you guys if they moved 3 months in a month.

I think they have devoted their resources for processing of NON-RIR cases for a short period. When they divert their resources back to RIR, it will probably catch up quickly. RIR has been very slow since the middle of Aug 2003 (till today - Nov 14, 2003) ...for almost 4 months. It is high time for them to catch up soon with RIR processing!!!

Any Updates

Any updates on VA LCA ? Did anybody call recently? Pls post updates as soon as anybody hears anything.

Re: Any Updates

Originally posted by krishve
Any updates on VA LCA ? Did anybody call recently? Pls post updates as soon as anybody hears anything.

What are you joking or something??

Did you not care to read the two posts just above your post which have the current processing times listed???

We do not call them everyday, we call them once a week so they can work on our applications instead of answering our phone calls.

Nubies need to search and read the past comments before posting silly questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.