Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application processing in VA

Well as I understand the process all the applications are sent to SESA in Richmond and where Richmond divides them based on some criteria (not known) between their offices in Richmond, Norfolk and Alexandria. Once all other offices get done with the applications they are processing Richmond sends them more applications. Now Richmond based on how much backlog they are having may forward them old applications or new applications (The previous email posting is an example where Richmond sent them old backlog). If Richmond decides that they will let other offices proceed forward and move on to May while they keep on processing the April applications in that case all the applications of May will be sent to Norfolk. Since there are only 600 of them it means they will be done with them in 3-4 weeks. Which is not too bad. But it is a decision made entirely by the state DOL Head office in Richmond.

Maybe we should request them to let other offices (Norfolk and Alexandria) process months after April and let Richmond handle April. Atleast that way we have some hope of getting out of SESA sometime this year.

What say you guys??????

I am sure if we can get enough people requesting this they may consider it.

You are Correct

What you are suggesting is Ok for me. Why can\'t we do it...may be The of asking the SESA shifting the cases after April to other offices may not be apposite for SESA but at least I am sure the Idea of Raising our concern seems to be great idea for me...that way people at SESA will be noticing the real pain VA WAITERS undergoing. Please let me know future actions...

Sending emails to VA SESA

I am sure people have thought of this but still just an idea. Should we send emails to someone or write letters and stuff to someone in SESA to take notice of this.

Looks like from next year the DOL will take over the LC processing and hence will speed up the process. Can\'t they start that this year why should we suffer because we filled TOO early....... (before DOL took over the process)

If anyone wants to talk about formulating a letter/email or something that we should send to VA SESA director or someone. I would be up for that. Ideas and suggestions for things to include in the email are most welcome. Then various people can send it to SESA.

any takers

Here is update Its 26th Now

We called Richmond office at 4:30 moday Feb11th it is 26 they are processing now...Finally some progress ohu!!!!
Count down noooooow 26......27.....30 that\'s it guys!!

Longos livos immigrantos illegalos. (sorry I got this from CA group)

Here is response from the lawyers regarding your question

I emailed a lawyer and found this out. So people we can hope that they will move on to RIR May after they are done with RIR April.

I\'ve heard these rumors as well.. The SESA is not supposed to do this, and the regional office in Philadelphia is informing them accordingly.

So people there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel........

Processing time per day

It took 10 business days to process April 24th apps. It took 11 business days to process April 25th. Lets hope this trend continues
and all April 2001 apps should be over by April 2002. ( estimating 12 business days for April 26 , 12 days for 27th and 12 days for April 30).

To hope is human :)

Oooooooooopps!!!!!!! U forgot something

Dude!! We can\'t predict things this way and Real URCHIN is 30th April. I really can\'t predict how many applications are filed on this day as lot of them filed on that day anticipating the due date for 245(i) deadline would help them...and also papers filed on march 13th were cleared on July 28(this guy got his EAD already)...so U never know...Lets Just hang on there...

VA-LC

Also you should be aware that on April 30 the application were accepted till midnight. So max applications were received on that day. I assume that 26 and 27 will mopve fast and than it will agian struck at April 30.
Lets hope for the best
by
VA-LC

Any comments

did u guys see immigration.com updates today he mentioned 25 th still But when we called it is 26th...
by the way any comments on this lengthy letter from FLCO

My only comment is

VA should release some info such as the CA SESA so that we are not so much in dark and speculating and bitting our nails every day as to what will happen. Maybe we should ask the VA SESA director to release some such info which would be most useful and calming to the frayed nerves of all the VA LC waiters.

We should probably wait......

We should probably wait to see how the date moves from the 26th of April!!.....

A lot of us have been calling SESA, how about we "hold" off.... show some more patience and then try.... calling.. I am saying this because someone had posted that the "lady was blunt"......

FYI--> my PD is May 30th 01, :)

Patience pays but keep this forum alive........... ;)

Wait....How long...

Wait....How long...
     We can hold calling but unless u call then we don\'t be knowing what is going to happen, When we called yesterday she started again the Old Song NON_RIR April after RIR April before the could move to May.....If they do this we can forget labor in VA....So plan guys so that we can do something and can act if something of this kind happens....

I agree

It makes sense to hold off and show some patience. I read some suggestions earlier about sending e-mails etc. to SESA. I don\'t think that is a good idea. I think we all know how irritating unsolicted e-mails can be. If we really want to do this, a hardcopy signed petition would be much better.

Per my conversation with SESA earlier, they have NO plans to do April nonRIR before they move to May RIR. I think we should wait it out for a month or two and see what dates they move on to after finishing April 30.

April 30th may take gor ever

As per previous postings april 30th itself received 6K + applications. So it will take for ever to process those. We can only hope that they will move fast thru that day.

I do have a couple of questions and I think we should try and get some answers from SESA on them.

1) In all how many applications do they have pending from 26th April to May 1st and How many analysts are working on the RIR cases in VA.

2) How many applications do they process in a day so how long do they think it will take them before they can catch up with all the backlog.

3) Do they have any plans of hiring more new analysts for doing the processing to catch up with the backlog like some other states are doing (eg MD, CA and Delaware). If not then maybe we should bring it to the notice of the VA Senators that they are not serving their tax payers as well as the other states.

Yeah we should be patient in terms of calling them everyday but I think we should call them like once in 10 days to check the status as they usually move about 1 day in that time. I think we should send an email to the director of the laor department in Richmond in a weeks or 10 days time asking him to release some more info on what is take is on all the back log hand how he plans to address it.

This Sound Great

This sounds good...Seems to have valid points Why can\'t u draft a sample mail so that eveyone can suggest for modification if any before sending..
I don\'t mean to hurt you but your language seems to pretty neat for me...

No Title

Updated 02/14/2002: 2003 Proposed DOL Budget Focusing on Backlog Reduction

The U.S. Department of Labor\'s proposed 2003 budget reflects that the DOL will heavily focus on reduction of backlog of permanent labor certification applications. The budget does not earmark for user charges as the sources of the fund. The sources of the fund will come from H-1B fee account. The increase of $138 million in Employment Services in FY 2003 which include foreign labor certification function results from a legislative proposal redirecting H-1B fees from ineffective training programs in the Training and Employment Services account to ES National Activities to eliminate the backlog in the permanent foreign labor certification program. It is an encouraging news. Back to Top

Here is another thing to look at. DOL is trying hard to reduce the back log why are not the SESA working to assist them in any way. Will DOL give any of this money to SESA to help them remove there backlog.

Extra Supplement to SAMYA’s H-1B Grants

Well!!! This is Interesting those who are really has patience can go thru the below mentioned notes to get the clear picture of the above said budget!!!

In the December 14 FEDERAL REGISTER, ETA announced the availability of grant funds for skills training programs for unemployed and employed workers. These grants are financed by a user fee paid by employers to bring foreign workers into the U.S. under a new H-1B nonimmigrant visa or visa renewal. Approximately $20 million will be available for funding projects under this solicitation, with six to 16 projects to be selected for funding. Applications for grant awards will be immediately accepted. Closing data for applications will be February 19. Eligible applicants, key principles supporting these grants-in-aid for skills training, full details on submission requirements, statement of work, reporting requirements, and rating criteria can be found in the solicitation.

For more details on this click this link
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/sga/02-102sga.htm

any updates

Hi everyone..
      I am just keeping this Thread alive...no Updates??

waiting for 22

i think 26 started on 11 feb would hope they close 26 by 02/22 10 business days. and we can start the clock again for 27

Status
Not open for further replies.