Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update, VaLabor_02

Thanks for calling and checking. That\'s good news. So far our theory of "10 business days per filing day" (with the exception of Apr 30) seems to be holding up. Let\'s hope that Apr 27 had the same volume as the previous days in Apr and that it finishes processing around March 12.

With regards to the number of apps on Apr 30 alone, I\'ve seen it fluctuate from 15,000 to 10,000 to 6,000 and now back to 8,000 based on the information provided by SESA and posted on this board. It\'s difficult to say for sure the total number, the breakdown of RIR vs. Non-RIR, the processing priorities (May RIR vs. Apr Non-RIR, etc.)and their actual processing throughput. Hopefully we can get more concrete information from SESA after they actually start processing Apr 30.

Next time anyone calls SESA

They can ask the guy if all the 8000 applications they claim to have received on 30th April are RIR or combined RIR and NON-RIR (then the question will be what percent of it is RIR).

Average time for LC clearance

Hi All,
I know this depends on a variety of factors but what is the average time that it takes for LC in Virginia?
i mean, for an RIR (/EB-2) category.
Someone who applied in this category recently and has got a clearance may be able to shed some light.
thanks,

Right now VA SESA is processing April 27th cases

SESA is moving rather slow right now on the RIR cases and also there are rumours that they recieved abt 8K applications on 30th alone so they are saying it will be quite a few months before they move beyond April. Hence I would assume anywhere between 8 months to a year would be a approx guess.

Good luck............

No Title

My lawyer told me yesterday that va DOL are processing May RIR cases. She think my case should be cleared in August. ( my case is filed in Dec 01).

Whats this News

Hey,
 What this News? Processing May RIR Cases. But I saw all previous mails saying April 27th. so which is accurate ?

Hi Another_lc_waiter,can you please verify

Can you please verify with your lawyer whether she really spoke with labor dept or just she is assuming thet they are processing MAY RIR.Because your news gives some light to all Virginia LC waiters.

DOL is still doing April cases and SESA 27 th April…cases

Hello another_LC_waiter….
 May be to entice u she must have told you about the May processing. Try to confirm with your Lawyer. We here in this forum are constantly in touch with SESA in Richmond and every alternate day someone or other would be calling them. So I can say whatever information u get it from this forum is accurate. There is no way that DOL in Philly can process cases of any of MD,VA ,DC,PA. May be cases, which are filed at Delaware or West Virginia.
So can you please confirm with your law office. I spoke to my lawyer regarding this but they said the same DOL is still doing April cases and SESA 27 th April…cases

All the confusion for nothing

Well we all know SESA in VA is processing 27th Apr and maybe the lawyer was just jesting with another_LC_waiter to keep his/her hopes high. No harm being optimististic RIGHT PEOPLE....

But another_LC_waiter truth be told it will be minimum another 2-3 months before VA SESA moves to May RIR.

The next update will be coming around 12th March so stay tuned....
:)

PD April 27 RIR (EB2)

Called SESA today morning. Still processing April 27 2001. The SESA official told me that they have received around 1000 applications on April 27th. Let\'s see how long it takes them to clear this and then we can gustimate the time for April 30.

Hello all some more news on the LC processing in VA

Called an officer in the Alexandria office (I must say a very nice and helpful guy and talked for like 1/2 hr to me. But had very depressing things to say). Answered all my questions regarding the LC processing. Well This is the gist of what he had to say.

Many people Filed for RIR and NON RIR in VA due to the Life act. Many companies filed under NON-RIR and then DOL gave them extension so that they could convert their NON RIR cases to RIR but the Priority date of that case was changed to the date they decided to convert the NON RIR case to RIR and not the date the NON RIR case was filled. So even though they the case was NON RIR initially it is now a RIR case and loses its NON RIR priority and is moved back in the queue as RIR with the priority date of the day that case was changed to RIR.

The approach that VA SESA has been taking in the past and it is decided by the Head of the SESA LC director or someone is that within a given month the dept processes the RIR cases first and then the NON RIR cases. In the past it has worked out fine as in the past there were not many NON RIR cases (which require more work on part of the SESA than the RIR cases as SES as to advertise the job and do the interviewing process and stuff). But now that we are faced with the life act this may mean that it will be months before they can be done with the life act people (end of the year). But then they will be revisiting the topic of ""Changing the Policy"" once they come closer to the end of the April RIR cases which may be another 2 months as per him as they have thousands of applications still pending for 27th and 30th april.

He was reluctant to say when they would be moving on to the May RIR cases and said it depended on a lot of different variables. I believe SESA doesn\'t has a very up to date and effective way of tracking the RIR and NON RIR cases and the NON RIR cases that got changed to RIR OR he DID not have too much idea about it.

He also said that they had bulk of their resources dedicated to processing RIR cases right now and soon they will have to put more resources on the NON RIR (it all depends on what the policy becomes). Even so it would mean that the processing for the RIR after april will move slow. As they recieved abt 500 apps each month as opposed to the usual 300-400 apps a month.

Right now they have 11 analysts in Richmond and 2 in Alexandria and also have hired 3-4 more termporary workers in Richmond to process the cases. He doesn\'t knows if they are going to hire more analysts in near future as they have limited budget to do this work. There are some additional analysts in Norfolk (1-2 he was not sure). So people wait till end of the year atleast to hear anything from SESA.

On Asking him how soon will a decision be made on if they should process the NON RIR before they move onto RIR in may. He said a 2-3 months at a earliest (i.e. once they start seeing the end of the tunnel meaning when they come close to finishing the RIR cases for April).

I am sorry if this is depressing news but I think we all need to know the truth if we want to do anything on it.

I think even though it is in the hands of the Higher SESA officer to give the directive on if they should process the NON RIR for april before they move on to the RIR cases of may and so on. We as the ultimate beneficiary should send emails to SESA suggesting them to re-visit their policy under these Changed circumstances and push our lawyers to do the same. So that they move on to RIR cases beyond April while still processing the NON RIR cases for the month. Atleast that way the rest of us have some hope rather than waiting for years to just get the state labor cleared.

No Title

Hi GC-IS-A-DREAM Thank you for all that information please keep it up. We appreciate thanks again.

GC-IS-A-DREAM

"GC-IS-A-DREAM " Thanks for the detailed update!

Someone once said
"When all else fails, sit quietly and breath free.."

Let\'s hope and breath free!

:)

In Line

Any progress on your case.

Are there others like In Line who filed on 27th April?????? Please give input if you know the status on your case.

Indeed We are thankful to U

There may not be any other options for us ratherthan sitting quietly.
Just cross fingers Dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to breath Free

But it is not working....................
Just as the VSC is trying to help the other Service Centers like Texas get rid of their backlogs why can\'t other SESA\'s help get rid of our backlog here.

Talked to Richmond and they said another 2-3 weeks before they will be done with 27th April. So people pray and sit tight

Status
Not open for further replies.