US Citizenship Appl. with past "Petty Theft" conviction

The police does not give out your arrest record? Try filing a FOIA request with the police department..seems like they are trying to play hardball with you.
If you were fingerprinted, and pictured by police you can be sure you were arrested.

I second this. I still remember the exact fruit I stole from my neighbour's orchard as an 11 year old in 1981!!!

IEven in my wildest dream, I refuse to believe that OP didn't remember about it. Hmmmm..OP miracleously/magically remembers NOW the WHOLE INCIDENT crystal clearly all of sudden but only AFTER receiving the letter from USCIS!!!! Give me a break, will ya???

The police does not give out your arrest record? Try filing a FOIA request with the police department..seems like they are trying to play hardball with you.
If you were fingerprinted, and pictured by police you can be sure you were arrested.

I heard FIOA is only for federal governments.

Back to Original question. The PO was asked to bring:

1. Certified or original copy of arrest record
2. Court Dispositions showing how it has been resolved

I understand the Court Disposition. But what the copy of arrest record shows? I went to police office and they said that they do not give anything and that i should go to the court. But in the court they were able to give me just court disposition. Also, the Arrest Date section in court disposition is blank, but there is a date for citation and summons. Does that mean that i was not arrested since it is blank? I thought that the fact that you were just fingerprinted and pictured already means the arrest. Am i correct or confused? can you please clarify?

The word arrest in Arrest record report should be understnad in its widest sense. no matter whether you are taken into custody or not, if you
get a summon by the cop, the cop must report this incidence and this
report is arrest report and reporting itself creat an arrest record.

It may hard to get such a report from police and I don't know if USCIS
is understanding enough not to insist upon seeing it or not. But if you
really can not get it, then you can not do anything but tell the USCIS
"This is what I can try best to get" and optionally following by "You should
understand how yoriu country's police work better than I do. Go ahead and
determine my fate I don't care anymore if you just decline me because
I can not get hold of a piece of paper "

Last edited by a moderator:
i got one more good advice today and wanted to share with you. I was advised to get a letter from Police Station that they can not give me the report. so if IO will ask this document during the interview i can show him/her that i really attempted but they did not give it to me.
I do have a copy of citation though, i will also take it with me just in case. Do you think that police report has more info than citation? Do you think that they (police) also keep a vidio tape from retailer?

i got one more good advice today and wanted to share with you. I was advised to get a letter from Police Station that they can not give me the report. so if IO will ask this document during the interview i can show him/her that i really attempted but they did not give it to me.
I do have a copy of citation though, i will also take it with me just in case. Do you think that police report has more info than citation? Do you think that they (police) also keep a vidio tape from retailer?

Any update on your case??? would really appreciate any informations