US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Depeands of the visa bulettin and when you applied. Im sorry but there is big chance youll wait couple more years :(.

Hey thanks for the reply again!!! I just received a letter from NVC requiring DS-3032 and I-864 which I've sent couple days ago but I regarded the fact that I live in the United States on overstayed visa!!! I should have sent them a notice to adjust my status instead of paying the $70 and $400 fees that I already paid!! I don't really have the money for lawyers so can you please advice what I should do from here on? I am not leaving the country to interview overseas because that would put me in 10 year ban from the U.S. I'm even thinking about joining the military if that is the only option.

My father is a canadian citizen that came here before 1970 as a minor child at 13 with a B1 visa. He obtained a few of the B1 visas but was at the time able to obtain a NJ State Drivers License & SS. He has paid into SS & has the Driver's License only problem is the new laws after 9/11. Now the 6 point system won't allow him to renew his Driver's License that expired in 2004 (without photo) due to need of passport. I am applying him for adjustment of status because that is what I thought I should do for he is here in the US. I have an approved I-130 form, he qualifies to support himself AOS form W, although now for the adjustment of status form I485? I think it is we had a biometrics appt in order to process the form. However biometrics requires a state photo id, national photo id, passport or military id. We went and were unsuccessful because his expired license does not have a photo on it. The manager at the office said that ever though it is expired that they would have excepted it with his photo for identification. We have two weeks to go back otherwise have to reschedule an apt. I need to obtain a state issued ID somehow but don't know which state may be easier or how to go about getting one or perhaps I am suppose to go another route?
I have already invested over $1,500 in this process.

Hey thanks for the reply again!!! I just received a letter from NVC requiring DS-3032 and I-864 which I've sent couple days ago but I regarded the fact that I live in the United States on overstayed visa!!! I should have sent them a notice to adjust my status instead of paying the $70 and $400 fees that I already paid!! I don't really have the money for lawyers so can you please advice what I should do from here on? I am not leaving the country to interview overseas because that would put me in 10 year ban from the U.S. I'm even thinking about joining the military if that is the only option.

Also Section 245 (i), which was available until April 30, 2001, allowed any person who entered the U.S. illegally or who had overstayed a visa and was now out of status, to apply for a green card through adjustment of status, despite being unlawfully present, if the noncitizen had a family member or employer willing to sponsor him or her for an immigrant visa and filed this application before the April 30, 2001 deadline.

I came here on September, 2001 on B - visa

Also Section 245 (i), which was available until April 30, 2001, allowed any person who entered the U.S. illegally or who had overstayed a visa and was now out of status, to apply for a green card through adjustment of status, despite being unlawfully present, if the noncitizen had a family member or employer willing to sponsor him or her for an immigrant visa and filed this application before the April 30, 2001 deadline.

I came here on September, 2001 on B - visa

USCIS rep told me I should be fine but I am worried.

What you think guys about the visa bulletin for September 2010?? Is gonna be big step forward again?
:) I am positive, but lets see!!!

I have a question. My grandfather filed a petition for my mother in 1992 and she was already married that time so we fall under F-3. I was just 5 years old that time. Now, I'm already 22 and just 2 months ago, we learned that our status is already current. My siblings don't have any problems because they are both minors. Just a couple of days ago, my grandpa emailed me saying that our Visa processing fee has already been billed in the US (including mine). So technically, mine's also been approved. Though, he said, I might encounter a problem during the interview in the US Embassy because they might question my age. If I'll be asked or questioned about this, what could be an appropriate answer? Did anyone of you have a similar experience? Please let me know. Thank you!

I have a question. My grandfather filed a petition for my mother in 1992 and she was already married that time so we fall under F-3. I was just 5 years old that time. Now, I'm already 22 and just 2 months ago, we learned that our status is already current. My siblings don't have any problems because they are both minors. Just a couple of days ago, my grandpa emailed me saying that our Visa processing fee has already been billed in the US (including mine). So technically, mine's also been approved. Though, he said, I might encounter a problem during the interview in the US Embassy because they might question my age. If I'll be asked or questioned about this, what could be an appropriate answer? Did anyone of you have a similar experience? Please let me know. Thank you!

I'm sorry.
Because youre older than 21, your PD is not current. You are under other category. Even if its your birthday the law says that you gonna go under other category. For be sure, consult with a professional.
Good Luck.

It is quite likely that your inclusion in the processing means that you qualified under the CSPA (Child Status Protection Act). Review what this covers. If you have other questions, consult a US immigration attorney before going for the interview.

I'd like to know, if I have an adopted daughter over age 21, will I find difficulties in sponsoring her even if I am a GC holder? Thanks

Second Marriage for Green Card Contender

A friend of mine is in middle of (Green Card) US immigration visa process (sponsored by his Father - US Citizen), which is expected in another 1 year. After approval of the case, his marital status changed from Single to Married. Unfortunately, his marriage went in dispute. Prior to grant of divorce, If he marries another lady (i.e. two wives at one point), can he apply for the second wife after getting green card? Is he expected to face any problem/ issues in this regard in US.

Look forward to your replies/ advices.

Thank you all!!!

Hi,
I am applicant's son. My Grandmother is US citizen and she has applied for immigrant visa for my father.
Case number BMB2005856006.
We have also made the online transaction for I 130.
I need to know my eligibilty under CSPA.

Regards
Manishkumar
manish_pcea@rediffmail.com

hi to all.pls i need urgent ans to this issue.i am in africa
my parents have been in US since 2004 with GC and my dad filed for me as unmarried son over 21.i got married 2007 not knowing its against the rules.now my case was disapproved and my dad had to petition for me.pls is it going to be approved-? if approved how long wil it take to be scheduled for interview.

if the parent is a USC now, he/she can apply for you. It will not be denied just because the previous petition was rejected due to your marriage.
How long it will take - try to look at the visa bulletin on www.uscis.gov

hi all,

I am in an issue and I am hoping something that has similar issue or is experienced in this matter can put me through. My dad, a US citizen applied for my greencard but sometimes in Feb this year. The issue here is that I was in Nigeria at the time. I came to US on a visiting Visa and I need to know my options as to what I need to do. I was informed that the current application could take about 4 yrs and that seems to be a long time for me. I will appreciate it if someone will put me through as to what I need to do in regards to this matter.

hello house,

my dad as a GC holder in 2004 filled for me as a son above 21yrs. in 2007 i got married not knowing its against the rules, in may 2010 my dad became USC and in july 2010 my case became current on notification of my new status by uscis my case was denied and my dad appeald immediately. they said it wil 3 mnths.

1. what is my faith
with the appeal.

2.if my appeal is granted what category am i going to fall in
3.wil i stil retain my priority date.

house pls i look foward to your wealth of experienced advice ASAP

My girlfriend's dad who is a GC holder filed for green card papers for his unmarried daughter over 21 back around end of 2007. I think he applied I-130 and I-485. I have couple of questions
1-the case status in uscis website still says pending even thou processing dates say 5 month. is this 5 month accurate?
2-he is illegible now for citizenship and I read somewhere that the priority date for the case gets retained he just have to notify immigration of adjustment of petitioner status once he gets hi citizenship. my question is what is the current processing dates for a citizenship applying for son or daughter over 21? I have cpl of friends their newly citizen parents applied for their GCs and they got it within couple years (even maybe less than 2) and checking the visa bulletin this process is taking 5 years... how is that possible and anyone here having a similar situation

Thanks

Once your parent get their citizenship, they can file I-130 for you and you will be eligible under FB-1 category. You have to wait for Priority Date (PD) to be current before you can apply I-485 or EAD.

PD in FB-1 category is Apr-01 and that means current wait in that category is 5 years for most of the countries.

If you are not from Mexico or Philippines, you will be able to file I-485 (and EAD etc.) after approximately 5 years.

Thanks for this info..I will advise my wife relatives in Philippines for this.

I'm not sure you're hearing the whole story here, based on what you've said so far. Among other things, you can't overstay a green card, either you're a permanent resident or you aren't, with the emphasis on permanent.

hello house, please i am new here and i have some questions.

Last edited by a moderator: