US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Processing time for my DO for I485 is December 2008. Does this mean that it takes 9 months to get a GC?

Nah... Forget about it! :) I think they put the time so people wouldn't bother them. My office shows fall 2008 and I had interview this June already.

Finally, I am now able to check my case status on USCIS website. I was stated the case was updated on 8/19/2009, which was one day after I did my fingerprint. However the site didn't show any updates on the biometrics was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My I130 was filed in July 2008 and was approved in Aug 2008. Currently priority date is from 2000. Can we still file for adjustment of status or do we must wait for priority date to become current? I am in US and on I130 we had selected the option that said adjustment of status will be filed in US.

Thanks.
Swapnil

Hi,

My I130 was filed in July 2008 and was approved in Aug 2008. Currently priority date is from 2000. Can we still file for adjustment of status or do we must wait for priority date to become current? I am in US and on I130 we had selected the option that said adjustment of status will be filed in US.

Thanks.
Swapnil

Sorry, buddy, you have to wait for 7-9 years before you can file for adjustment. You also MUST BE LEGAL in US for all these years.

I'm on the F3 waiting too and I'm legal (and will continue to stay legal until my PD is current) but I know a friend that is illegal here (he has the 2000 pardon letter or something) and his sister filled a I-130 for him (she's US citizen). So is that I-130 valid? Or the fact that he's here illegal for all this time will cancel his I-130? He's into another process with that 2000 pardon, but I don't know if that will work too...

I'm on the F3 waiting too and I'm legal (and will continue to stay legal until my PD is current) but I know a friend that is illegal here (he has the 2000 pardon letter or something) and his sister filled a I-130 for him (she's US citizen). So is that I-130 valid? Or the fact that he's here illegal for all this time will cancel his I-130? He's into another process with that 2000 pardon, but I don't know if that will work too...

If he's eligible under 245(i) (application submitted before April, 2001, been in country Dec, 2000) then he's OK. If not - he will NOT be able to adjust in US, moreover if he leaves the 10 years ban will kick in, so he won't be able to get the card for 10 years anyway.

My son has his family based I-485 interview on 2nd September2009, one week from now. Unfortunately his lawyer has been hospitalized and since the lawyer was to appear for interview along with my son, (he filed form G28-Notice of appearance), we are wondering what will happen if he is not able to come to the interview? Can my son and me still go ahead with the interview? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks

Can my son and me still go ahead with the interview? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks

If you don't have any complications it'll be piece of cake. Lawyer basically just sits there and keeps silence (and get money from you :) ).

any one has any change. usually ppl get EAD approved 8-10 days after biometrics. I think doing biomatrics ahead of time didn't expedite EAD approval.

maybe it's only working for marriage based. I looked through the july filers thread and some people there got EAD/AP 2 weeks after biometrics. It's been 2 weeks for me already and nothing. The interview is the main thing for me right now. Hopefully IL will arrive mid September for mid october interview. Best case scenario.
FIY, at my school I was told to come in with either a GC or a stamp in my passport to be eligible for financial aid. No discount, no scholarship, nothing although technically I am not an F1 anymore.

maybe it's only working for marriage based. I looked through the july filers thread and some people there got EAD/AP 2 weeks after biometrics. It's been 2 weeks for me already and nothing. The interview is the main thing for me right now. Hopefully IL will arrive mid September for mid october interview. Best case scenario.
FIY, at my school I was told to come in with either a GC or a stamp in my passport to be eligible for financial aid. No discount, no scholarship, nothing although technically I am not an F1 anymore.

It depends how lucky you are. Mine was 2.5 months and dated the date my H1 expired. Since you are in school (and of course in legal status) they may consider you are not in hurry .

Maybe I should file expedite request due to financial hardship processing delay will cause me. I certainly cannot wait until my F1 expires...:rolleyes:

Maybe I should file expedite request due to financial hardship processing delay will cause me. I certainly cannot wait until my F1 expires...:rolleyes:

Call them and request the expedite "due to financial hardship". Be sure to say that (otherwise they'll just put "request to expedite", which is different category.

My son has his family based I-485 interview on 2nd September2009, one week from now. Unfortunately his lawyer has been hospitalized and since the lawyer was to appear for interview along with my son, (he filed form G28-Notice of appearance), we are wondering what will happen if he is not able to come to the interview? Can my son and me still go ahead with the interview? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, how did your interview go? What did you have to bring?

Congratulations! 3 months to get an IL, hmmm I thought it would be faster... Good luck! And keep us posted.

My son had his interview on 2nd Sep as scheduled. Lawyer accompanied us despite his illness as he was discharged from the hospital.
About interview, the IO did not ask a single question about emp based although my son had two RFEs in that category. Only simple questions related to family category like name of father, mother, are u married etc . It was over in less than 5 mintues. So it is still difficult to believe that it got over. They will send the intimation letter in mail. So we will wait till it comes and only then relax.

Congratulations!!! Can you please post your timeline?

My son had his interview on 2nd Sep as scheduled. Lawyer accompanied us despite his illness as he was discharged from the hospital.
About interview, the IO did not ask a single question about emp based although my son had two RFEs in that category. Only simple questions related to family category like name of father, mother, are u married etc . It was over in less than 5 mintues. So it is still difficult to believe that it got over. They will send the intimation letter in mail. So we will wait till it comes and only then relax.