US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Received fingerprint notice for Sept 3rd and did a walk-in today.

Btw, csiq, I have 485 info online when I enter my number. Did you file I130 just now? I had mine approved since 2007, maybe that's why it is not showing up anymore.

hi mermaid, was there a LUD on your online account after you did finger printing.

Where do you check LUD? Did you get it by email? Is anyone else having trouble finding case status link on USCIS? I found the link before and checked my status but now for some reason I am not able to find it.

Never mind my previous post, I just found csiq posted the link earlier. Thanks!

PS No LUD on my case, says the same thing "Application received on Aug 7th"

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't check my case status online, it just says case can't be found or somthing like that. I called USCIS, first lady says she couldn't find my case with my receipt #, then she transferred me to a higher level person whom were able to find my case and told me sometimes there could be delays before the case is uploaded on the web. He asks me to check back in 30-45 days of the notifcation date.

@mermaid, LUD can only be checked if you have created an online protfolio on USCIS website that requires to register with a user name and password. once you have online portfolio then you will know about LUD. The online status that you check by entering receipt number doesn't show LUD.
@CSIQ my biomatrics hasn't been updated in their record yet and they told me the same thing to wait untill they update their system.

I went to "walk in biometrics" just now. The first lady at the reception desk didn't say anything, I filled out a form and got a number. I was called within 3 minutes. The 2nd lady who's doing my fingerprint looked at my letter and said "oh your appointment is in septmeber!" she then showed to another lady looked like her boss or something, that lady said " (I don't know what that means)....... you can't print out the letter...", but the 2nd lady then went ahead did my fingerprint anyway. As she was doing fingerprint she said "next time if you can't come on time, you must bring official proof showing you can't make it on that date". she finished my fingerprinting and stamped my notice letter (showing stamped date 8/18/2009). I was told I was done.

Well everything seems alright, but I was a little afriad what the 3rd lady (boss lady) said, saying she couldn't print out something, I don't know what that is. Had anyone of you got a print out letter after the fingerprint or they just stamped your notice letter?

I will keep follow my LUD. Let me know if any of you got LUD of fingerprint on the USCIS website.

I will keep follow my LUD. Let me know if any of you got LUD of fingerprint on the USCIS website.

After I did fingerprint I had LUD on both - 485 and EAD for that day. 485 was not touched after that until 2 weeks before the interview. And EAD is still touched only on the day of fingerprints (even though I got it in mail like 5 months back Lol!).

don't be afraid. They stamped my letter as well with the new date on and also told me next time you come on your appointment.
I had an LUD today on both the applications I finger printed for.

I went to "walk in biometrics" just now. The first lady at the reception desk didn't say anything, I filled out a form and got a number. I was called within 3 minutes. The 2nd lady who's doing my fingerprint looked at my letter and said "oh your appointment is in septmeber!" she then showed to another lady looked like her boss or something, that lady said " (I don't know what that means)....... you can't print out the letter...", but the 2nd lady then went ahead did my fingerprint anyway. As she was doing fingerprint she said "next time if you can't come on time, you must bring official proof showing you can't make it on that date". she finished my fingerprinting and stamped my notice letter (showing stamped date 8/18/2009). I was told I was done.

Well everything seems alright, but I was a little afriad what the 3rd lady (boss lady) said, saying she couldn't print out something, I don't know what that is. Had anyone of you got a print out letter after the fingerprint or they just stamped your notice letter?

I created my portfolio today and apparently I had LUD today also.
csiq, no worries as long as they did your fingerprints and stamped your form... Just check for LUD in a couple of days. You'll be fine. Just before my fingerprints, I was already sitting in the chair in front of the camera, the lady who was doing my fingerprints also said "Oh, it's for September..." and then proceeded without getting into details.

After I did fingerprint I had LUD on both - 485 and EAD for that day. 485 was not touched after that until 2 weeks before the interview. And EAD is still touched only on the day of fingerprints (even though I got it in mail like 5 months back Lol!).

KittenKat - How long did it take for you to receive the interview notice, after your biometrics appointment? My biometrics appointment was done almost 2 months ago and I haven't received the interview notice. I see many other people(including RSRK's son) received the interview notice fairly soon.

Congratulations to all the folks who recently submitted the package and were able to do biometrics early.

KittenKat - How long did it take for you to receive the interview notice, after your biometrics appointment? My biometrics appointment was done almost 2 months ago and I haven't received the interview notice. I see many other people(including RSRK's son) received the interview notice fairly soon.

It REALLY depends on local office. My office (Baltimore) is a busy one (from timelines I checked it's one of the longest waits, other pretty bad one is NJ), so I got interview letter like 3 - 3.5 months after the fingerprints (total time between submission and interview was little less than 6 months). And generally I noticed the child category is somehow slower in getting the interview letter then, say, parents or spouse. I'm positive you should get yours in month or so (or may be even faster depending on office).

Wow, 3.5 months! If you look at marriage based petitions most of them get IL in about 1 month and have interviews 2.5 months after submission. I think you are right though: it depends how busy your local DO is.

It REALLY depends on local office. My office (Baltimore) is a busy one (from timelines I checked it's one of the longest waits, other pretty bad one is NJ), so I got interview letter like 3 - 3.5 months after the fingerprints (total time between submission and interview was little less than 6 months). And generally I noticed the child category is somehow slower in getting the interview letter then, say, parents or spouse. I'm positive you should get yours in month or so (or may be even faster depending on office).

Thanks for sharing your experience KittenKat. I was also looking at the cases on Trackitt and found marriage based are indeed being processed faster.

Processing time for my DO for I485 is December 2008. Does this mean that it takes 9 months to get a GC?

I am willing to bet it'll be faster than that:) If you look at the processing dates published in August, they were "as of June 30, 2009". Evidently there is a 1.5-month lag between collecting the data and publishing them.