US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Kittenkat,
You mean you had RFE during / for your emp based petition process and got EAD etc but cancelled it and continued on family based for which you had the interview?

I actually never had EAD through employment-based. I applied for EAD through family-based (sent complete package) and about 2 weeks later our human resources contacted me about additional info for EB. I just told her that I already submitted everything as FB and don't need EB anymore, so they canceled the whole process. HOWEVER I kept H1 till the very end even with EAD (JUST in case). Yes, when I had interview they asked nothing about EB or my company except whether I still work for them or not and give them all my I-94 slips (which I had number of :) ).

Congrats. when did you send your application. My application package was delivered there on Aug 3rd evening.

Thanks guys! I sent it on Aug 1 via Priority mail and it was delivered on August 3 at 5 am. I did not realize we could mail it in before August 1st. I thought that's when august visa bulletin started and you send it before August 1st application will be returned. It's not the case apparently as other people were able to send their stuff in earlier.

PD is CURRENT!!!!

Hi! I have been reading your posts for a long time and was so happy to know when someones PD current while waiting for my 2 children I did apply in March 2003. Today is our Day! We are current!!!!!!!:) It has been a long wait, SO happy it is over!!!!:)
I have a question, my Daughter is coming to US on visiting visa (maybe next month?) can she do her papers over here? While my son working abroad where he is intending recieving his immigration visa.
I have not recieved any notices or payments like processing fees from NVC and I believe that in one of the forms they send you I need to specify where are my children are to recieve Immigration visa, Im right?

Congrats!!! Long wait is finally over! Please post your children's progress in your timeline. I think since they are abroad a better way would be to do consular processing. I heard it is faster. Your daughter might run into problems by entering on tourist visa with immigrant intent. You can contact NVC and notify them of your plans and if you decide on CP they will forward your files to consulates abroad.

Hi! I have been reading your posts for a long time and was so happy to know when someones PD current while waiting for my 2 children I did apply in March 2003. Today is our Day! We are current!!!!!!!:) It has been a long wait, SO happy it is over!!!!:)

I have a question, my Daughter is coming to US on visiting visa (maybe next month?) can she do her papers over here?

Well, it's a thin line. Frankly I'm not that positive. I know that on border your daughter will be asked about the reason for the trip. If she says "apply for AoS" I'm positive she'll be turned back, if she says "just to visit" she'll lie to the officer and most probably she'll be asked about it at the interview. I know married couples and parents do it all the time with no problem, but they are immediate relatives (who are forgiven for almost everything anyway). Personally, I'd spend some money and talk to the good lawyer about it.

I have a question, my Daughter is coming to US on visiting visa (maybe next month?) can she do her papers over here? While my son working abroad where he is intending recieving his immigration visa.
I have not recieved any notices or payments like processing fees from NVC and I believe that in one of the forms they send you I need to specify where are my children are to recieve Immigration visa, Im right?

Why dont you just let her cancel the visit, since she will here pernamently soon. Some people always do stupid things when they became current.

Let her stay and do CP, save that flight money for a one way ticket.

Can someone with recently sent in your I485 please do me a favor, could you please check on the USCIS case processing status website and see if your application type listed as "Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN", or something else (I thought it should be listed as I485, etc). I just checked using my recent receipt #, and it is listed as above (Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN), but my lawyer and I sent in the I485 package, why is it listed as I130, I am afraid they made a mistake. Can someone please help me and check yours? All you have to do is go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp and type in your receipt #. I really appreciate it.

Update

Received fingerprint notice for Sept 3rd and did a walk-in today.

Btw, csiq, I have 485 info online when I enter my number. Did you file I130 just now? I had mine approved since 2007, maybe that's why it is not showing up anymore.

sorry guys, I think I had entered the wrong receipt#, that's why it's showing up as I130. I just checked with correct receipt #, it still showing nothing. xerostomic, are you able to check your case status online yet? how come mine still shows nothing.

mermaid, what do yo mean by "you did a walk in"? u r already able to check your I485 status online now? How come I can't.

mermaid, can we do walk in biomaterics. Are there any specific days or we can walk in any day.
csiq yes I can check my online status, but my online status doesn't show that they sent me biomatircs notic, how ever it say receipt was sent. it doesn't make any difference.

"walk in Biometrics"? aren't we supposed to take biometric on the specific date specified on the biometric appointment letter (mine is sept 1 2009)? how come you guys are able to just walk in and take the biometric? does that mean if you do walk in you don't need to go the center again on the specified date on the appointment letter? what's the advantage of doing walk in biometric instead of wait til the date on the letter? Do you have to call ahead before you go to walk in biometrics? what are the hours for the walk in biometrics?

If you have other appointments or due to some reason you are unable to go for biomatrics on sept 1 you can give it a try. It depends upon the person. he may or may not allow you a walk in biomatrics. For me advantage was that I was free on sat while for week day I had to take day off for my biomatrics appointment.