Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Wheremylc and Chicchu

Thats good news. Congrats. Can you send the link where you found this article?
Wheremylc: what are the Receipt /Notice date they gave for the receipts they issued?
My papers came back for the same reason on DEc 5th. I lost the hope and after reading this i got my hopes back.

Thanks
Babu

chicchu said:
Cool, that is good news. I am sure your sons thing is much easy to deal with, I am not sure if you should send it to the address in the article or elsewhere. What did your attorney say ? I thought you said your papers came back for the second time, so did they accept the third time ? Ours, the attorney said checks are cleared. I don't think the recipts are received yet by him but will receive this week may be
Chicchu

babuhere said:
Wheremylc and Chicchu

Thats good news. Congrats. Can you send the link where you found this article?
Wheremylc: what are the Receipt /Notice date they gave for the receipts they issued?
My papers came back for the same reason on DEc 5th. I lost the hope and after reading this i got my hopes back.

Thanks
Babu
babuhere,
Don't worry, if your atttorney resends them back following this procedure they will accept it. That article which I posted is something which our attorney sent to us in an email- I did not get the link in the email. But I sent him an email asking for the link, as soon as I get the link from him , I will post it here. Good luk with everything
chicchu

Rama K

Hi,
I have received EAD and AP for my wife and myself.
RD 10/21/2005

Do I get FP notice by mail or I should call USCIS for FP appointment?

Thanks in Advance
Rama

Great!

Did you set-up Email? Looks like VSC is way faster than any other service center in the country. I read the same thing on other board that VSC is looking into case filed in Sep2005. Keep us posted!

indgc123 said:
I noticed one LUD on my I-140 petition today. EB2, RD: 09/30/05, ND: 10/20/05
EB2, VSC

Sagn
My sitution is similar. I got receipt notice for all my family except my son. I signed the application for my 14 year old son. USCIS has sent back the application telling that my son need to sign. I am thinking of resending the application.
Wheremylc
sagn said:
I-140 (NIW) self petition for me
I-485 (Me, my wife, and my child) was applied concurrently on 09/29/2005. USCIS Nebraska receipt date was 09/30/2005 before retrogression kicked in.

So far:

1) I-140 approved on 11/16/2005
2) I-485 notice date for me and my wife 10/18/2005.
3) My child I -485 was returned first time (notice date on10/18/2005) saying that application not properly signed and asked me to sign and send it back leaving the notice on top. In fact, I prepared the document for my child and signed in the place “signature of person preparing the form”. However, the USCIS officer who reviewed my child’s application put a yellow sticker in the place I should sign. I did that and send it back to the USCIS as per the officer advice with new application fees. But this time my child application was returned back again saying that “An immigrant visa number is not readily available”.
4) In the meantime, I fixed an appointment and had (USCIS have not sent an appointment) Finger print/photo/signature with local immigration center on 11/10/2005 for me and my wife. But there is no LUD change after that.

------------------------
1) Based on my above situation, if I resubmit the application (saying that the case improperly rejected) for my child (say this week), do you think that will help?
2) What is the advantage of my current I-140 approved? Do you think that will have any significance? (I don’t need EAD anyway as my H1 is valid for another 4 years)
3) Assuming that if I signed in the correct place in my child’s application, do you think make a big difference compared to current situation I face?
4) What will be the visa date for my child (Indian National)in this case?
4) Someone said that me and my child should not travel or I should not use EAD. But my wife can do all these. Is that true?
5) what bad and good things going on with my application so far?
-----------------------------

Thanks in advance for your reply

Received AP

Hi All,

Want to update my GC status that we have all received our APs.
Everything done just waiting for 140 and 485 approvals now.

Thanks

Concurrent filing -- Ohata Memo

Guys,

Does any one is aware that concurrently filed I-140 will not be processed/adjudicated until I-485 is ready, as per this memo. Look at the following copy-pasted:

"" The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485. ""

Is this true? If not, what's the latest guidance. Thanks!

perm_faq said:
Great!

Did you set-up Email? Looks like VSC is way faster than any other service center in the country. I read the same thing on other board that VSC is looking into case filed in Sep2005. Keep us posted!

I registered with the USCIS website. I noticed one more LUD today but the content of the message remains same. I did not receive any email though.

I usually login to the USCIS website and check the status. The LUD associated with my I-140 is 12/14/05, all others have 12/02/05.

does anyone have any idea?

what this means to us of changes in LUDs?

Does it mean that they are working on my case?

ind

I think, we should not worry about the LUDs at all. Iam not sure whats the process behind it that increments/updates it. Though the case gets approved but the online status still says "we are working on the petition blah blue...".

I have also noticed on some of the boards that too many LUDs reflects into RFE. How about your EAD/AP? Was there any Email after the approval? Was there any LUD for those petitions?

Looks like CSC will be gets slowed down and it may not going to touch Sept, Oct 2005 cases unitl End of Jan 2006.

Lets get updated, indgc123. Okay!
:rolleyes:

indgc123 said:
I registered with the USCIS website. I noticed one more LUD today but the content of the message remains same. I did not receive any email though.

I usually login to the USCIS website and check the status. The LUD associated with my I-140 is 12/14/05, all others have 12/02/05.

does anyone have any idea?

what this means to us of changes in LUDs?

Does it mean that they are working on my case?

ind

EAD Approved :)

FYI, my EAD has been approved yesterday... i got an email.
And there was an LUD on EAD and I140.
But i am waiting for AP since i had to go to India ASAP. Anyone have idea how long it may take for AP approval??

Thanks

Its ridiculous that petitions with earlier ND/RD are NOT processed but they process petitions filed later. Its quite random and underministic.

myGCSept05 said:
But i am waiting for AP since i had to go to India ASAP. Anyone have idea how long it may take for AP approval??

Thanks

That's the fun in dealing with USCIS. You dont know whether the next ball will be straight ball or googly. :D
perm_faq said:
Its ridiculous that petitions with earlier ND/RD are NOT processed but they process petitions filed later. Its quite random and underministic.

myGCSept05 said:

Thanks
myGCSept05, congratulations.
YOu should be getting AP in approximately 4 weeks. Enjoy.

140 Rfe

Dudes:
I also am one of the last minute concurrent filing deadline beating applicant.
EB2
LC arrived from Dallas, early August
Hard Copy - 26 Sept.
140/485-concurrently filed and received on sept 29th
EAD, approved
FP code 3 done
140 LUD--10/19/05--RFE rcvd --USCIS update states that an RFE is being sent. They wanted detailed job descrition.
485--pending--LUD 10/24/05.

Question1: if there are no visas or anything available for 485 then why is my 485-LUD changing.

Question2: I concurrently filed before sept 30, deadline and I am EB2. Does any one know what is the visa vailability for 485. How long before the 485 is approved.

Thanks

Bobby

P.S.: unlike LC, things have moved faster in the 140, EAD etc filings. My best wishes to the ones who are battling with no receipts and returned 485's.

My updated status

I got all my applications except my 485 approved. Following are my details:

Service center: Vermont (ESC)
Category : EB2

Labor applied : 08/04/2005
Labor certified : 09/26/2005

I140/I485/EAD/AP sent on 09/29/2005
I140/I485/EAD/AP received on 09/29/2005

EAD Approved : 11/22/2005
EAD card received

AP approved :
140 Approved: 12/12/2005

FP Code 3 done on 12/14/2005
I485 LUD's on : 12/14/2005 and 12/15/2005

sagn said:
I-140 (NIW) self petition for me
I-485 (Me, my wife, and my child) was applied concurrently on 09/29/2005. USCIS Nebraska receipt date was 09/30/2005 before retrogression kicked in.

So far:

1) I-140 approved on 11/16/2005
Nice less than 2 months. I hope my recent concurrent I140 (I got all 4 applications I140/I485/EAD/AP submitted yesterday for the whole family) could get approved soon.

2) I-485 notice date for me and my wife 10/18/2005.
3) My child I -485 was returned first time (notice date on10/18/2005) saying that application not properly signed and asked me to sign and send it back leaving the notice on top. In fact, I prepared the document for my child and signed in the place “signature of person preparing the form”. However, the USCIS officer who reviewed my child’s application put a yellow sticker in the place I should sign. I did that and send it back to the USCIS as per the officer advice with new application fees. But this time my child application was returned back again saying that “An immigrant visa number is not readily available”.
They did the right thing, but sadly and will cause a lot of mess in the future.

4) In the meantime, I fixed an appointment and had (USCIS have not sent an appointment) Finger print/photo/signature with local immigration center on 11/10/2005 for me and my wife. But there is no LUD change after that.

------------------------
1) Based on my above situation, if I resubmit the application (saying that the case improperly rejected) for my child (say this week), do you think that will help?
If you signed the correct location and that is USCIS mistake, you can appeal for this. If it is actually need another signature, the same decision will be made. However, it does not hurt to do so :)

2) What is the advantage of my current I-140 approved? Do you think that will have any significance? (I don’t need EAD anyway as my H1 is valid for another 4 years)
In what term?
For your child : only if the PD is current
For you and your wife: Nothing since you already applied I485. Just wait wait and wait.

3) Assuming that if I signed in the correct place in my child’s application, do you think make a big difference mpared to current situation I face?
Of course much better and you will not see the following mess below.

4) What will be the visa date for my child (Indian National)in this case?
What do you talk about ? It is the same as your PD date. If your PD date become current, your can apply I485 for your child right before your I485 approved(DO IT IMMEDIATELY AT THAT TIME OR YOU WILL REGRET WHEN YOU I485 APPROVED). If you miss that, then your child need to go back HOME and wait for family petition.

4) Someone said that me and my child should not travel or I should not use EAD. But my wife can do all these. Is that true?
- Yes. You must keep H1B extersion forever (I am not sure if you can extern your H1B over 6 years or not).
Your child can travel with H4 visa anytime he wants.

5) what bad and good things going on with my application so far?
GOOD : your wife can work :)

BAD: if you lose H1B status, your child becomes ILLEGAL immigration.
If you have I485 approved before adding your child, your child becomes ILLEGAL immigration since GC holder sponsor for the child less than 21 years old will have around 4 years wait time before the PD current.

If I was you, I already hired a good lawyer to prepare the family case to avoid any mistakes at the first place (few K is not big compared to the mess of any mistake). However, things had been done. What I would suggest you to do next is to prepare the application to add your child to your I485 ahead and prepare to apply anytime (review that application with a good lawyer a head).
-----------------------------

Thanks in advance for your reply

LUD on a weekend

Guys ,
Our ND on 485s, 765s, 131s is Dec 7th. I saw an LUD on all of them on Dec 11th first , later Dec 16th and again on Dec18th. But Dec18th is a weekend, am wondering how I saw LUD on weekend when nobody works there on a weekend. Any idea ?
chicchu

Good news chicchu,
Congratulations for accepting your application by USCIS.
I think you don't have to worry about LUD's.

Congratulations to manair_b,
Good progress on your application process, But I was under impression that you did not send your medicals right? Did you send them?
If not you may ask lawyer and send them now.

In my case I got EAD and AP but waiting for FP notice.

Thanks
Rama