Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Interesting!! LUD on a weekend. Must be some hawker (LOL) is peeping into your application. Its problematic, If you had too many or too frequent LUDs. Meaning, it must be cooking RFE for you. Look at BobbySingh history. I'm not trying to scare you, instead I'm hinting you to watch-out for possible RFE. Atleast your case got touched by those busy folks at USCIS. Correct!

chicchu said:
Guys ,
Our ND on 485s, 765s, 131s is Dec 7th. I saw an LUD on all of them on Dec 11th first , later Dec 16th and again on Dec18th. But Dec18th is a weekend, am wondering how I saw LUD on weekend when nobody works there on a weekend. Any idea ?
chicchu

perm_faq said:
Interesting!! LUD on a weekend. Must be some hawker (LOL) is peeping into your application. Its problematic, If you had too many or too frequent LUDs. Meaning, it must be cooking RFE for you. Look at BobbySingh history. I'm not trying to scare you, instead I'm hinting you to watch-out for possible RFE. Atleast your case got touched by those busy folks at USCIS. Correct!
Thanks Rama_K , yeah finally the 485s got accepted.
I know , a LUD on weekend sounded wierd to me. Anyway, the road was not easy until now atall, if there will be RFEs, will deal them too.
Babuhere, the article I posted on that resubmission was a email received to attorneys by AILA itseems, he said there is no link as such. Did u resubmit them as per that.

Congrats Chicchu
My applications reached yesterday. Lets see what will happen. Any idea how long did they take to process this time?
babu

chicchu said:
I know , a LUD on weekend sounded wierd to me. Anyway, the road was not easy until now atall, if there will be RFEs, will deal them too.
Babuhere, the article I posted on that resubmission was a email received to attorneys by AILA itseems, he said there is no link as such. Did u resubmit them as per that.

babuhere said:
Congrats Chicchu
My applications reached yesterday. Lets see what will happen. Any idea how long did they take to process this time?
babu
Ours were sent on Nov 3rd and the receipts are notified on Dec7th, so it took that long. But ours, he sent them before that article came out just addressing to a INS officer. Since you sent to this specific address, I am thinking you should get yours receipted within 10days or so. Keep us posted.
Chicchu

questions

chicchu said:

I have couple of basic questions. Could someone answer me please?

1. What is a LUD?
2. Regardiing finger printing: I have filled I-140/I-485 (EB2) on 9/30/2005. EAD and AP appproved so far. I have receeived receipt notices for I-140/I-485. When should I get finger printing done? Will I get a finger printing notification? Or should I call the number on the I-485 receipt notice and get FP done.

Thanks

ven2006 said:
I have couple of basic questions. Could someone answer me please?

1. What is a LUD?
2. Regardiing finger printing: I have filled I-140/I-485 (EB2) on 9/30/2005. EAD and AP appproved so far. I have receeived receipt notices for I-140/I-485. When should I get finger printing done? Will I get a finger printing notification? Or should I call the number on the I-485 receipt notice and get FP done.

Thanks
LUD is the last updated date. If u register urself for automatic updates on ur cases on the USCIS website, u will be able to see them. As far as I know u will get a fingerprint notification

I-140 Approved, Filed on Sep 30

Hi all,
Just want to update that my I-140 is approved yesterday from VSC.
I filed all applications on Sep 30.
RD on all applications is 10/17/2005.

Ramana77 said:
Hi all,

Contrags!
are you in EB2 or EB3?

I noticed that my EAD was also approved yesterday. I'm still waiting for my I-140 approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm expecting my AP in next couple of weeks. Currently, I'm on 7th year extention but my visa in my passport had already expired.

I'm planning to visit India early next year.

Is it a good idea to use my AP for my India trip or go to Canada for H1B visa stamp and then visit India on H1B visa?

I would really appreciate if someone give me an advice as to which is the most riskless and safest approach.

thanks
ind

my status

Hi guys,

My status till now:

PERM EB2, VSC
RD - 09/30 (140,485,131,765)
ND - 10/14 for all
765 AD - 12/22
131,140,485 AD - ??
LUDs:
(140) - 10/17(notice date), 11/16, 12/01, 12/05(rfe), 12/14(evidence received), 12/16
(485) - 10/17(notice date), 12/01, 12/02(biometrics done), 12/14(evidence received), 12/16
(131) - 10/17(notice date), 12/01
(765) - 10/17(notice date), 12/01, 12/22(ead approved)

Got a RFE for I-140 on 12/05: Lawyer said they requested more evidence to support the case. My lawyer forgot to send the experience letters the first time.

Biometrics done on 11/22

Happy holidays!!
Regards
:eek:

I am in EB2.
If you have lot of time on H1, then it is better to use H1 stamping, but I feel that if you dont have time and going on year-year extension, it is better to use travelling docs. Also, consult ur attorney before goign on travelling docs

Congrats Ramana, could you tell what size is your company? did u had any RFE for 140?

thanks
Ramana77 said:
Hi all,

I had filed before you and the deadline, still pending. The only difference I see is, Iam with CSC, the slowest of all service centers. :rolleyes:

Ramana77 said:
Hi all,

Ramana:
Do you know whether I-485 denial invalidates 3 year H1B extension too? Please post the link or reference if you have the link to it. Some body was asking the same question on the other immigration board. Thanks!

Ramana77 said:
Hi all,

WHAT BASIS APROVAL HAPPENING FOR I-140 & EAD

Hi

- VSC-

My EB2-PERM aproved on 09-29-2005, applied I-140/485 concurent.

I went to FP on 12/06/2005. So for no aproval for EAD/AP or I-140.

Infact, the LUD changed one time on I-140, 2 time in I-485.

On what basis, are they aproving I-140 /EAD/AP. Please update me.

Do i need to check with my lawyer regarding this one.

Thank You,

Hi perm_faq,
The approvals dates for 140 do not match with the processing dates posted by USCIS. They might have different way of posting processing dates. I am really not sure about what happens to H1 3 yrs extenstion if 485 is rejected. You might also want to check this site www.shusterman.com.

Ramana,
You are Right!

I-140 Approvals, as a matter of fact any other petition doesnot match with what USCIS posts in their Bi-monthly reports. Thats well understood. You might have even noticed that LUDs also doesn't mean any thing these days. Some body gets too many LUDs with in a week and some will never. Thats another point to learn. Correct! Adding to all these, CSC is worst processing center of all 5 centers. VSC runs on a rock speed, CSC on a turtle walk though they are having huge (really huge ...) building space with lot of employees. Thats why you guys are lucky.

What do you say? :rolleyes:

Also, regarding the status of H1B 3 year extension in the event of I-485 denial, I gathered information from the information other boards etc, it looks like H1B extend"ed" 3 years period is still VALID, though 485 is denied. In one of the chat session, Attorney murthy replied that "there is not direct law reflecting such situation".

Here is the link to it:
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=7474050822&m=3261032011

Folks re-read the above conversation.

Ramana77 said:
Hi perm_faq,
The approvals dates for 140 do not match with the processing dates posted by USCIS. They might have different way of posting processing dates. I am really not sure about what happens to H1 3 yrs extenstion if 485 is rejected. You might also want to check this site www.shusterman.com.