• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming Visa Bulletin March 2014

So now that they said Asia will be 5350 and no cut-off, what it means? it means that case numbers of Iran and Nepal are dispersed among other asian countries or what? what do u think guys?

I guess it means they are content to let Nepal (and to some extent Iran) be the bulk of the processing in Asia and they decided there was no need to "panic" and cutoff Nepal and Iran at this stage (with 5 months remaining after this announcement.

Well, we don't know if those countries have separate cutoffs or not at this point. It would be good if people from there would call and ask.

Supreme Dhakal reported no country cutoff for AS - just waiting to see that confirmed.

I was hoping for a big jump for asia bt again it's the same a little move....
anyway lets wait n see..n really thanks for getting the numbers..

Tnx guys, so I will be current next month, hope they keep announcing at least 1000 case or more for Asia!!!

I was hoping for a big jump for asia bt again it's the same a little move....
anyway lets wait n see..n really thanks for getting the numbers..

Big jump only happen when either Nepal or Iran put into special cut off. So, I believe there is not special cut off for Asia in Apr cut off. From Feb to Mar, it only progress 625 and Mar to Apr it progress 1025 without special cut off, I think it is a good progress for Asia. What it mean is that, they start to increase the visa slot for 2nd half of the year or they start to use the unused visa slot from the past months. So, even without special cut off (which I think it will not happen) it should progress to 15k case # by Sept. When Nepal near their country limit, it will definitely push the case # beyond 15k.

DV14 for Asia is really tricky because we have 2 countries that has 6k selectees and both countries are very different in term of the outcome of the interviews. Nepal we have high visa issue rate and Iran we have high AP rate, so imagine if you want to put the special cut off for either country it will be tough because we need to find the right balance between the 2. I think special cut off will come only when Nepal are near the country limit, which is about 11-12k case # (based on 40% selectees from Nepal). So, it could be in Jun or July time frame.

It's 606-526-7500. Country code is 1.

Make sure you have your CN handy. They'll also ask for your name (last name, first, middle) and DOB before giving any info.

I guess it means they are content to let Nepal (and to some extent Iran) be the bulk of the processing in Asia and they decided there was no need to "panic" and cutoff Nepal and Iran at this stage (with 5 months remaining after this announcement.

I totally agree with you britsimon. ..may be there aren't as many cases as we think...

Big jump only happen when either Nepal or Iran put into special cut off. So, I believe there is not special cut off for Asia in Apr cut off. From Feb to Mar, it only progress 625 and Mar to Apr it progress 1025 without special cut off, I think it is a good progress for Asia. What it mean is that, they start to increase the visa slot for 2nd half of the year or they start to use the unused visa slot from the past months. So, even without special cut off (which I think it will not happen) it should progress to 15k case # by Sept. When Nepal near their country limit, it will definitely push the case # beyond 15k.

DV14 for Asia is really tricky because we have 2 countries that has 6k selectees and both countries are very different in term of the outcome of the interviews. Nepal we have high visa issue rate and Iran we have high AP rate, so imagine if you want to put the special cut off for either country it will be tough because we need to find the right balance between the 2. I think special cut off will come only when Nepal are near the country limit, which is about 11-12k case # (based on 40% selectees from Nepal). So, it could be in Jun or July time frame.
I too think that there's no special cut off for none of these countries coj both of them have many case numbers below 8000, so if one goes in special cut off , it will be hard to create balance between them...moreover as I mentioned earlier may be there aren't as many case numbers as we think after 8000

I'm disappointed, I think with AF00077*** and more ll never get the 2NL, sad night :(
Thank's much for efforts anyways.

Britsimon, what do you think about EU 25400? is It good?

Yes - it is very slightly less than I hoped, but I think it is good. EU is further ahead than any other region. I have posted before why I think that could happen (the relative simplicity/safety of the average EU case) - and indeed, the last two or three bulletins have backed up my theory. If it had gone to 26500 or 27 I would have felt confident of my own number being in May. As it is, I think I will just miss out - I think May will be 30/31 - but there is a small chance of May for me - so that is great. Also, I have been predicting final EU range of 40-45 - and there is every reason to believe that is still very much possible from this 25.4 in April.