Unbelievably Fast Approvals

Wow Wow Wow Wow

I am scanning backward from 215, 210, etc to catch the new FP but ... at EAC03175 (ND = 5/23/2003) there are 6 ... SIX ... yes SIX new approvals in the last week. I am so excited I cannot do anything else but scan ...

Stay tuned ... I'll post any new info I'll have.

I think we should wait and watch this situation for another 2-3 months atleast before which we can come out with a realistic expectation of what should / could happen. I do agree that these "erandom" approvals have increased in frequency. but there is still a lottery system in some sense.

nemessis said:
I am scanning backward from 215, 210, etc to catch the new FP but ... at EAC03175 (ND = 5/23/2003) there are 6 ... SIX ... yes SIX new approvals in the last week. I am so excited I cannot do anything else but scan ...

Stay tuned ... I'll post any new info I'll have.

These approvals could not necessarily belong to EB based I485 cases ? Correct me if I am wrong. can these approvals be related to Family based or any other category based ?

gc_majburi said:
These approvals could not necessarily belong to EB based I485 cases ? Correct me if I am wrong. can these approvals be related to Family based or any other category based ?

Good point. If this was the TSC that we were scanning I would think that we'd see all kinds of cases being approved because they're family based... I suppose the VSC could be starting to put in a pilot program like the TSC has.

There's no real reason to think that this is what is going on, but this underscores the fact that we can't really assume much at this point...

I don't suppose any of these approved people have posted on these forums so we can know more about their case? I'm guessing that something like much less than 5% of all cases are for people who post their info on this forum unfortunately.

I'm cautiously optimistic but leaning towards pessimistic based on past experience :(...

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Good point. If this was the TSC that we were scanning I would think that we'd see all kinds of cases being approved because they're family based... I suppose the VSC could be starting to put in a pilot program like the TSC has.

There's no real reason to think that this is what is going on, but this underscores the fact that we can't really assume much at this point...

I don't suppose any of these approved people have posted on these forums so we can know more about their case? I'm guessing that something like much less than 5% of all cases are for people who post their info on this forum unfortunately.

I'm cautiously optimistic but leaning towards pessimistic based on past experience :(...

ETA

I posted in the I485 forum about a May 2003 approval on murthy.com for VSC. So some random adjudications are happening. Hopefully my case is also touched :p

It might be true but from the last Murthy bulletin my understanding is that she had cases filed at VSC as EB (she is talking about I140/I485 - the family based have I130/I485) and she said that she received approvals in May 18. There are 2 approval dates for all 10 cases I found today, May 18 and May 26. The last processing time report was May 19, and the dates for I140 reached Oct 1st. What if what we discussed before here is true, I mean the USCIS is trying to reduce the backlog for I140 as much as possible (cleaning FY2003 looks like a progress, Oct 1st is the beggining of FY 2004) and after that they start working on I485 ... In the last few weeks there were lots of transfers, maybe cases with problems, now there are presumably the clear ones and it should be easier for them to clear the backlog for I485 also ...

ETA-GC said:

ETA

gc_majburi said:
I posted in the I485 forum about a May 2003 approval on murthy.com for VSC. So some random adjudications are happening. Hopefully my case is also touched :p

Yeah, and that one sounded like it was definitely an employment based case.

ETA

nemessis said:
It might be true but from the last Murthy bulletin my understanding is that she had cases filed at VSC as EB (she is talking about I140/I485 - the family based have I130/I485) and she said that she received approvals in May 18. There are 2 approval dates for all 10 cases I found today, May 18 and May 26. The last processing time report was May 19, and the dates for I140 reached Oct 1st. What if what we discussed before here is true, I mean the USCIS is trying to reduce the backlog for I140 as much as possible (cleaning FY2003 looks like a progress, Oct 1st is the beggining of FY 2004) and after that they start working on I485 ... In the last few weeks there were lots of transfers, maybe cases with problems, now there are presumably the clear ones and it should be easier for them to clear the backlog for I485 also ...

That theory is probably as reasonable as any other. If we keep seeing more early approvals like the ones mentioned today then I'll be a believer :).

There was one approval for a 10/01/03 I-140 case earlier this week though btw (see my post at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=128054). Afaik there was no RFE involved but obviously we don't know if there was a concurrently filed I-485 or even whether this one was going the CP route.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC said:
That theory is probably as reasonable as any other. If we keep seeing more early approvals like the ones mentioned today then I'll be a believer :).

There was one approval for a 10/01/03 I-140 case earlier this week though btw (see my post at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=128054). Afaik there was no RFE involved but obviously we don't know if there was a concurrently filed I-485 or even whether this one was going the CP route.

ETA

Any idea what's with the FP notices these days? A still pending I-140 (with an ND prior to the processing date) with a *completed* FP should be a prime "fast track" candidate.

you gotta believe.....

06/02/2004: Concurrent Adjudication (I-140 + I-485) Guidance of USCIS HQ

As we reported earlier, on March 31, 2004, the USCIS issued a memorandum to the Service Centers to adjudicate concurrently for the concurrently filed I-140 and I-485. Accordingly, people may assume that since about May 1, 2004, the Service Centers have been processing concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases separately and differently from the I-485 cases which were filed alone. Following are the guidance for concurrent adjudication of concurrently filed I-140+I-485 cases under the memorandum:
In the Service Center processing times reports, the concurrently filed I-485 processing time coincides with the I-140 processing time. In other words, for these filers, they should keep track of I-140 processing time and not I-485 processing time in the bi-weekly official processing time reports of the Service Centers. For them, I-485 processing time is the same as I-140 processing time. Meanwhile, those who filed I-485 separately should keep track of I-485 processing times in the bi-weekly reports.
For the concurrent adjudication filers, I-140 petition and I-485 application always stay together. This will result in two consequences: First, since I-140 is not adjudicated separately, the previous procedure of prima facie review of I-140 eligibility is more or less removed and discouraged. Second, in order for the I-485 adjudication to be completed in the same pace with the I-140 adjucation, the Service Centers will accelerate the name check and fingerprint job vigorously.
Actual adjudication of I-140+I-485 will not take place until I-485 application is ready to be adjudicated after completing the name check and fingerprint. Therefore, the concurrent adjudication files remain on the shelf until they are ready to be adjudicated together.
When it reaches actual adjudication process, the adjudicators are required to review both I-140 petition and I-485 application. In other word, if the adjudicator needs to issue RFE for I-140, the adjudicator should also determine whether another RFE should be issued for I-485, should there be the RFE issues in the I-485 application. If the petitioner (employer) fails to respond to I-140 RFE or to meet the eligibility requirement, the adjudicator will deny both I-140 and I-485. On the other hand, should the I-140 petitioner be successful in responding to the I-140 RFE and satisfies eligibility requirements, the adjudicator should approve the I-140 petition no matter whether I-485 applicant has successfully responded to the I-485 RFE. If the I-485 applicant fails to meet the RFE requirement, such I-485 will be denied, and more likely the petitioner will receive the I-140 approval notice and the alien will receive I-485 denial notice.
Plus side and Minus side of Concurrent Filing and Concurrent Adjudication: The big plus will be the processing times. If we look at the I-140 processing times, even though each Service Center differs, the average I-140 processing time is approximately one (1) year. It means that in the concurrent adjudication cases, people will get green card approval within one year or less. Then what is minus? What else, AC 21 180-day rule of change of employer. Since the alien can not change employment until after the I-140 petition is approved, those who lose the job will face a potential denial of the green card opportunity.

Interim EAD and SSN

Hi All,
This is my first post to this forum.
1) My recipt date of I765 is Mar 08. Current date shown in USCIS is Mar 10. But I don't see my status being updated. We were just going to get the Interim EAD on Jun 07 (After 90 days) but now rethinking as we might get our real EAD soon.
Is it possible that we may not get our EAD very soon. If yes, I want to go and get Interim EAD.

2) Also, can my wife (currently on H4) use Interim EAD to get her SSN ? Her prospective employer is asking for SSN to put her on payroll.

3) Is EAD enough to open a bank account ? Or do we have to wait for SSN.

Cheers
nok_nok

Fbi #

can somebody please let me know FBI tel # to check status of name check +FP result status. Thanks

I-140/485/EAD/AP concurrent filing done on May 19.

HI,

New to this forum.

I recently applied for I-140/485/EAD/AP (myself & my wife).
Concurrent Filing, EB2 cat.

RD: May 19, 2004
ND: May 26, 2004

How long is it taking for getting the EAD,AP and I-140 now?
when can I expect the Finger Printing date?

Could someone please tell me the USCIS site and how to see the status of my case.

Any replies are appreciated, Thanks.

GC12301975 said:
HI,

New to this forum.

I recently applied for I-140/485/EAD/AP (myself & my wife).
Concurrent Filing, EB2 cat.

RD: May 19, 2004
ND: May 26, 2004

How long is it taking for getting the EAD,AP and I-140 now?
when can I expect the Finger Printing date?

Could someone please tell me the USCIS site and how to see the status of my case.

Any replies are appreciated, Thanks.

This is not the right thread for your post. I will update the 2004 tracker with your information. Please post your question as a new thread or under the 2004 tracker thread (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=109915&page=1&pp=15).

Last edited by a moderator:
But only for concurrent filers?

Congratulations to the lucky dudes! But is this new trend going to affect only the concurrent filers (that's what the USCIS director's memo appears to say) or others too? I mean, what about if your 140 case is already approved and you applied sometime after concurrent filing started?

As example, my case ...

I-140: RD 06/02 AD 03/03
Concurrent started: 08/02
I-485: RD 05/03 ... now?!!

My employer/lawyer didn't agree to file concurrent, thus this mess!

There was one fast approval of I-140 at my company. It's not mine, so I don't know the exact dates, but RD was around March 15, 2004, approval came around June 15. Yep, 3 months. Suprisingly nether EAD nor AP are approved yet, moreover, some INS moron issued RFE for transcripts, because the diploma is not enough to get an AP. Suckers... But back to the I-140, this is a big well-known company, I guess no doubts regarding ability to pay, maybe they put it on some fast track or something. Oh, and it's a non-IT job, I don't know if it matters.

sotiredofwaiting said:
There was one fast approval of I-140 at my company. It's not mine, so I don't know the exact dates, but RD was around March 15, 2004, approval came around June 15. Yep, 3 months. Suprisingly nether EAD nor AP are approved yet, moreover, some INS moron issued RFE for transcripts, because the diploma is not enough to get an AP. Suckers... But back to the I-140, this is a big well-known company, I guess no doubts regarding ability to pay, maybe they put it on some fast track or something. Oh, and it's a non-IT job, I don't know if it matters.

Unless the I-485 (assuming non-CP) was approved at the same time this isn't all that unusual. Often, if an RFE is generated during the initial review of an I-140, the I-140 is approved shortly after the RFE response is received.

In fact, at one point some lawyers were apparently intentionally leaving out information in the I-140 application which would cause an RFE...

ETA