Unbelievably Fast Approvals

Sorry I forgot to mention - 485 approvals

ETA-GC said:
Are these 485 approvals? If so, that would be shocking.

Otherwise, if these are just I-140 approvals -- what's so shocking? We know the VSC is currently processing lot's of Jul/Aug/Sep EB3 and Sep EB2 cases so these approvals are to be expected, no? Or are you saying it's a bit odd that these cases all had RFE's -- maybe they're all from the same company with the same RFE?

ETA

nemessis said:
Sorry I forgot to mention - 485 approvals

In that case -- :eek: !

That said, it's not like we've seen a rash of FP notices recently. Afaik, these are basically still stuck around May 2002...

I just wish we could know what's going on -- it's frustrating having to wait but if you know roughly how long you'll have to wait it makes things a bit easier...

ETA

Jharkhandi said:
If I remember correctly - this was roughly the processing date when FO memo came in.

Ya, for I-140's that would be about right (I-485's were / are still stuck at around Feb 2002):

04/08/04 VSC processing dates:

I-765 (AOS) 11/21/03 (+11 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 06/20/03 (+98 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 07/26/02 (+30 days)
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 05/15/03 (+7 days)
I-485 02/15/02 (+0 days)

04/22/04 VSC processing dates:

I-765 (AOS) 01/20/04 (+59 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 07/14/03 (+24 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 08/09/02 (+14 days)
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 08/06/03 (+81 days)
I-485 02/15/02 (+0 days)

Still, where are the FP notices if they are starting to implement the FO memo :confused:.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
The last ones who received bulk FP notices are the ones with ND at the end of June 2003. Check my xls files I posted on I485 forum ...

ETA-GC said:
Ya, for I-140's that would be about right (I-485's were / are still stuck at around Feb 2002):

04/08/04 VSC processing dates:

I-765 (AOS) 11/21/03 (+11 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability) 06/20/03 (+98 days)
I-140 (EB2 excep. ability NIW) 07/26/02 (+30 days)
I-140 (EB3 skilled worker) 05/15/03 (+7 days)
I-485 02/15/02 (+0 days)

Still, where are the FP notices if they are starting to implement the FO memo :confused:.

ETA

nemessis said:
The last ones who received bulk FP notices are the ones with ND at the end of June 2003. Check my xls files I posted on I485 forum ...

Hey nemessis -- do you know off-hand where that post is? I'm looking but haven't found it so far...

I've been keeping half an eye on FP notices and I thought that most of these were for around 05/02 at the earliest so I must have missed the info that you are talking about. This would seem to indicate that at least something is up at the VSC -- prior to this there's been no indication that it isn't "business as usual" with I-140's continuing to be approved through ND's of Sep 03 and at least one in Oct 03 a few days ago).

ETA

Here is the link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125115

ETA-GC said:
Hey nemessis -- do you know off-hand where that post is? I'm looking but haven't found it so far...

I've been keeping half an eye on FP notices and I thought that most of these were for around 05/02 at the earliest so I must have missed the info that you are talking about. This would seem to indicate that at least something is up at the VSC -- prior to this there's been no indication that it isn't "business as usual" with I-140's continuing to be approved through ND's of Sep 03 and at least one in Oct 03 a few days ago).

ETA

Looks like FO memo is implemented by VSC and they are testing it.

If so, we will see FP notices coming out pretty soon, maybe after long weekend.

Let's hope that's the case ...

I was trying to correlate with what Murthy bull was saying about VSC:

Vermont Service Center

Our Vermont Service Center (VSC) cases are showing an impressive movement. The most recent approval was issued on May 18, 2004, for a case filed just one year earlier, on May 25, 2003. This is a significant variance from the published times, which in recent months have reflected a processing time of about 18 months. The published processing date when this case was approved was February 15, 2002. Of course, there are I-485 cases that we filed before that date that remain yet been approved or even scheduled for an interview at the local USCIS District Office.

In addition, several cases were transferred for interview at the local office well in advance of the anticipated processing dates. The transfers coincided with the I-140 approvals. In those cases, the I-485s were only filed quite recently; about 6-8 months ago. The I-140s were filed a bit before the I-485s in these cases.

Jharkhandi said:
Looks like FO memo is implemented by VSC and they are testing it.

If so, we will see FP notices coming out pretty soon, maybe after long weekend.

Good one believe_in_self. You made my day. Thanks a lot nemessis.

Here is what Murthy bulletin says:

Vermont Service Center

Our Vermont Service Center (VSC) cases are showing an impressive movement. The most recent approval was issued on May 18, 2004, for a case filed just one year earlier, on May 25, 2003. This is a significant variance from the published times, which in recent months have reflected a processing time of about 18 months. The published processing date when this case was approved was February 15, 2002. Of course, there are I-485 cases that we filed before that date that remain yet been approved or even scheduled for an interview at the local USCIS District Office.

In addition, several cases were transferred for interview at the local office well in advance of the anticipated processing dates. The transfers coincided with the I-140 approvals. In those cases, the I-485s were only filed quite recently; about 6-8 months ago. The I-140s were filed a bit before the I-485s in these cases.

Plan for Faster I-485 Approvals

These changes may indicate that, in the near future, we will notice faster I-140/I-485 processing times. This is something that would be enormously beneficial to many. What appears to be happening is that some cases are being processed much more quickly than the published processing times, while other cases are taking longer than the published processing times.

Marriage and Faster I-485 Approvals

These recent developments are important to anyone planning important life events, such as a marriage or a job change, around the slow green card processing times. With respect to marriage, in order to have one's spouse included as a derivative beneficiary in an employment-based green card case, the marriage must occur before the I-485 is approved. In the past, people often planned weddings around the official processing timeframes provided by the USCIS. Now, with the processing times being so uncertain, wedding dates may need to be moved up to avoid serious delays or problems in bringing the new spouse to the U.S. on dependent status.

I don't know what to say yet, it doesn't look to me like random approvals ... but it is still to early to have a conclusion ...

It is random indeed. But it is start of FO memo's implementation.

It is going to happen like Monsoon - couple of random drops first and then heavy downpour - takes off heat. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, I was saying that it doesn't seem to be random ... in the past there were 1-2 cases of I485 approvals in 12 mo or less but it might have been something there ... EB1-3 classification (that always had priority, or who knows ...) or maybe random, but now if we put together FO memo with what murthy says, with what we have here with our scanning and trackers ... looks like the things are changing in a positive way. And it looks like is not only 1-2 case(s), almost every day we hear about a new one.

Jharkhandi said:
It is random indeed. But it is start of FO memo's implementation.

It is going to happen like Monsoon - couple of random drops first and then heavy downpour - takes off heat. :)