TSC/Memphis N-400 Timeline

fogrunner

Registered Users (C)
Filed N-400 with TCS. Local office is Memphis.

received date: 05/13/2003

priority date: 05/13/2003

Fingerprint notification received today 09/22/03. Appointment date for fingerprints 10/29/03.

4 months for fingerprint notification. 5 1/2 months from priority date to FP appointment.

:eek:

Originally posted by fogrunner

Fingerprint notification received today 09/22/03. Appointment date for fingerprints 10/29/03.

4 months for fingerprint notification. 5 1/2 months from priority date to FP appointment.

:eek:

That is a long time, indeed. Based on the stories I read these days one should be happy just to receive an appointment for a FP.:(

That is a long time, indeed. Based on the stories I read these days one should be happy just to receive an appointment for a FP.

I just completed renewing my GC. That took 13 months. I have no great expectations when it comes to interaction with the BCIS, or is it USCIS. Yet another name change. They should put a "D" in there for dis-service

Fogrunner,

Does the on-line status of your application show anything about the FP notice? Thanks.

No.

I was getting concernered about the time line and not having received the FP notice. I did some cutting and pasting and printing from the BCIS website and faxed the inquiry to the TCS.
Three weeks later I got the notice. Did my faxing an inquiry do any good? I doubt it, though, it did make me feel better.

fogrunner,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to bother you again. But, is it correct that even after you received your FP notice, the on-line status does not indicate that such notice was sent to you?

Jitu

I checked my status on-line a few hours ago. There is no mention of the FP notice. Just the standard verbage... bla..bla..bla

N-400 with TCS.
Local office is Memphis.

priority date: 08/27/2003

FP : ??

More than 6 months , still havn't received the FP notice :(

Per Memphis district processing time , they are currently on june 2002 .

Called the 800 number to enquire and was given the exact same
reasoning they are still on june 2002 ....duh!

Is this normal to wait this long for FP ? Any suggetion what i can do .... other than just waiting :eek:

Anyone from Memphis ? please post your time frame

HI ATRIUM,
I have been waiting for the fingerprint appointment for 4 months now and I am worried about my application. Could you post a message when you receive yours?
Thanks

wow, this is extremely unusual. Maybe if you call the 1 800 number they might be able to help perhaps?
I am in NYC and they tell me that NYC is crowded. However I know people who applied after I did, and they got their fingerprint dates. This is really weird and frustrating.
Good luck.

Received fingerprint notification today ( more than 8 months and after contacting congressman's office !! )

N-400 with TCS.
Local office is Memphis.

FP notification : 05/20/2004
FP : 06/09/2004

Interview : ?
Oath : ??
Long way to go ....... :(

FP: 10/03

Interview: 06/04

A little over a year since I applied

My on-line information has not changed

Last edited by a moderator:
I am nearly done. Interview went well. Very nice immigration officer. The officer estimated 2-3 months for Oath letter..

Waiting For Oath Ceremony In Tennessee

Hi,

I applied for Citizenship in April 2003, I got fingerprinting around 28th Oct. 2003 and interview on 27th May 2004, now I am waiting for Oath ceremony does anyone know how much time it usually takes in Tennessee to get Oath Ceremony and why it takes so much times in Tennessee to complete this citizenship process. Most of the States complete this process in 10 or maximum 12 months. If some can help me out about the Oath ceremony that would be great.

Thanks

I think it depends where you live. I asked the officer how long, she indicated 2-3 months where I live. What paperwork if any did you receive after the interview?

atrium said:
Received fingerprint notification today ( more than 8 months and after contacting congressman's office !! )

N-400 with TCS.
Local office is Memphis.

FP notification : 05/20/2004
FP : 06/09/2004

Interview : ?
Oath : ??
Long way to go ....... :(

/****************************************************/

Received interview notice today .

Interview : 09/08/2004
Oath : ?? ( hopefully soon !)

I live in east tennessee and interview is scheduled at Memphis office ,
8 hrs drive ! I know of people here who had their interview to office nearby....
but don't want to complain , i am more than happy to see things finally moving after a long lull , praise the LORD !!