TSC/Memphis N-400 Timeline

Fresh Update!

Hi there,
I just got a phone call from my friend whos wife had her interview on Feb 8th., which is one day after my interview at memphis suboffice. He said his wife got her oath letter yesterday in the mail.
I didn't check my mail yet, but i hope i find mine in there, i am at work, i will check it at 10 pm. I will keep you updated. her last name starts with A, mine starts with S, maybe that's why she got hers before me.
what do u guys think?

Steve_Houston said:
Good luck sony, give us some good news when you get home:)
Thank you steve,
I sure will get on the computer right away when i get home. If you don't here from me by the end of the day, then :( you know that i didn't get it. Man, it would be the best and the most important day of my life and i will remember it for ever, as i got my ticket to go see my family July 5th. so, if i get the oath for the 19th of this months, i will have just enough time to get the passport and apply for my mom's I-130 before i go. It will be a great timing. Maybe God Loves me that Much. I hope so anyway. Sorry, i got so emotional :)
I can't wait till i get home .

I think that it also depends on the Federal District they belong to. Nasville, Chattanooga and Memphis have all different courts for naturalization.... and therefore different naturalization schedules ... it is not so easy as you all see.

Paging Newman2

Hello newman,
I know you had an interview during May, would you please let us know how did it go? thanks

N-400 Timeline for Memphis DO as of 5/17/2005

N-400 Timeline for Memphis DO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case type: N-400, Memphis District Office. Filed at Texas Service Center.

Priority Date: January 24, 2005
Notice of Action (I-797): February 5, 2005 (received at home)
Fingerprint Notification Received: March 10, 2005
Fingerprint Appointment: April 5, 2005
Interview Appointment: June 10, 2005
Oath Ceremony: ????

highlander,
Congratulations. Looks like you have made Memphis DO run. You are getting closer to end so fast. Good Luck for your interview.

Intervew appointment

Hi guys,
I've got my interview appointment on June 14th in Memphis.
Priority date: December 28th, 2004
FR submitted: April 18th, 2005
Interview scheduled: June 14th, 2005
Oath:?
Seems like we are moving along the same time schedule with Highlander. Good luck with the interview!

Skorpie said:
Hi guys,
Seems like we are moving along the same time schedule with Highlander. Good luck with the interview!
Congratulations Skorpie,
Please keep us updated

Any Oath Letters received from Memphis DO?

Has anyone received an oath letter from the Memphis District Office lately?
I was wondering how often they have the oath ceremony here.
Thanks!

Highlander.

highlander said:
Has anyone received an oath letter from the Memphis District Office lately?
I was wondering how often they have the oath ceremony here.
Thanks!

Highlander.
I know that in nashville that they conduct oath ceremonies 3 times per month
usually, on on the last thursday, and two on the last friday.

Interview experience in Memphis District Office

Hello everyone,

I want to share with you my interview experience. I arrived to the Memphis district office 10 minutes early than the appointment said. I went to the second floor and dropped the interview letter on the drop box as posted.

30 minutes later, a male officer calls my name. We shake hands and he invited me to his office. Stacks of paper everywhere. He had my entire file there. It was very thick. About half the size of the yellow pages book. I could see my FedEx Envelopes (that is how I sent the applicatrrion) there folded. Everything you ever send to the US CIS (ex INS) is there, I assume.

He went through the N-400 application, checking my oral answers versus what it was on the file. My wife and I had a baby in March and he updated the file there. He asked me for additional evidence of marriage (because I am filing based on 3 year marriage). Even though the interview letter said very clearly just bring passport, drivers license, and green card, I brought a significant amount of papers.

The first thing he wanted to know was proof of taxes filed for this year (the rest were with the application), then joint bank accounts, and other documents. I showed mortgage statement with both names, a cart title with both names on it and joint car and home insurance.

I also had to show the birth certificate for our daugher, showing both names as parents. Then he asked me for my wife's certificate of naturalization. Got it. He said that we was happy because being prepared makes his life so much easier. He smiled. I smiled. He was happy, I am happy.

Then he went to the questions on the N-400.... have you ever been ... etc.
I showed my four speeding tickets and all the court copies with the final dispositions. He make notes everywhere and changed my answer on the question have you been detained from no to yes. He asked me if I planned to keep speeding and I answered no.

Then the civics questions. Who is the current president? Who was the first president? Who becomes the president if both the pres and vp dies? All from the 100 list. All correct. But then he asked "who was the 35th president?" I said I don't know. He answered J.F.Kennedy. Then he asked "Who is the current speaker of the house?" I didn't know. And he said "Dennis Hastert".
Then he continued, what is the United Nations for? to solve world problems and help the poor. He asked me 5 or 6 more questions all from the 100 list. No problem.

Then the English questions. I had to read a couple of sentences. And write I want to be a United States Citizen. Very easy.

Then he told me that I passed the interview and that I was going to be recommended for approval. He gave me a piece of paper and marked Congratulations you have passed the interview... etc.

I asked him when the next oath ceremony might be. He didn't know. I asked him about name check and FP and he told me that all is done and clear. That's it. About 25 minutes mostly because of the recording of speeding tickets and adding the additional paperwork showing marriage life. He did not look at the picture of my daughter. I am not surprised.

Overall, my impression of the Memphis US CIS is that they are very professional but they still have too many applications to handle. They are really making their best to comply with all procedures while providing good customer service.

I believe the next oath ceremony in Memphis is on August 18th, 2005. The last one was on May 4th. So, with a little bit of luck, I might be a citizen soon.

LEARNING #1: Don't bring just passport, GC and drivers license, even if letter says so. Bring anything even remotely possible that you might need. In particular tax filings and bank accounts.

LEARNING #2: Disclose, disclose, disclose. Traffic violations are to be recoded on the N400.

LEARNING #3: If you are married (and this is your only marriage) then the question how many times have you been married is 1 not 0. Same applies for the wife/husband question.

highlander said:
Hello everyone,

I want to share with you my interview experience. I arrived to the Memphis district office 10 minutes early than the appointment said. I went to the second floor and dropped the interview letter on the drop box as posted.

highlander,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I thought nobody ever will have an interview in Memphis DO lol ! In my interview, the officer didn't even ask about my wife's birthcertificate or the marriage certificate, knowing that i am applying based on marriage. I wasn't asked for anything other than GC, passport, selective service card, and driver license. It went smooth and took only about 10 minutes. However, the congressman's office told me that the Memphis DO is processing oath dates for applicants who had their interview in December 2004 as of May 12th, 2005!! I had my interview back in Feb 7th. 2005. However, i think it depends more on the officer, not on the priority date when it comes to Memphis.
Hit me back with updates man, and congratulations !

Skorpie said:
Hi guys,
Skorpie,
Good luck on your interview tomorrow! Please post your detailed experience with the Memphis DO. Ask the officer about the name check. I hope you don't get the same officer as me, the white caucasian lady.
I am waiting for your post and good luck.

Then he told me that I passed the interview and that I was going to be recommended for approval. He gave me a piece of paper and marked Congratulations you have passed the interview... etc.

Highlander,
did the form the officer gave you had that you have 120 days or 180 days for them to reach a decision. This note should be at the bottom if i am not mistaken.
Please, try to respond as soon as possible as i might have to go to the Memphis DO this Thursday.
Thanks in advance!

highlander

highlander said:
Hello everyone,

30 minutes later, a male officer calls my name. We shake hands and he invited me to his office. Stacks of paper everywhere. He had my entire file there. It was very thick. About half the size of the yellow pages book. I could see my FedEx Envelopes (that is how I sent the applicatrrion) there folded. Everything you ever send to the US CIS (ex INS) is there, I assume.

He went through the N-400 application, checking my oral answers versus what it was on the file. My wife and I had a baby in March and he updated the file there. He asked me for additional evidence of marriage (because I am filing based on 3 year marriage). Even though the interview letter said very clearly just bring passport, drivers license, and green card, I brought a significant amount of papers.

The first thing he wanted to know was proof of taxes filed for this year (the rest were with the application), then joint bank accounts, and other documents. I showed mortgage statement with both names, a cart title with both names on it and joint car and home insurance.

I also had to show the birth certificate for our daugher, showing both names as parents. Then he asked me for my wife's certificate of naturalization. Got it. He said that we was happy because being prepared makes his life so much easier. He smiled. I smiled. He was happy, I am happy.

Then he went to the questions on the N-400.... have you ever been ... etc.
I showed my four speeding tickets and all the court copies with the final dispositions. He make notes everywhere and changed my answer on the question have you been detained from no to yes. He asked me if I planned to keep speeding and I answered no.

Then the civics questions. Who is the current president? Who was the first president? Who becomes the president if both the pres and vp dies? All from the 100 list. All correct. But then he asked "who was the 35th president?" I said I don't know. He answered J.F.Kennedy. Then he asked "Who is the current speaker of the house?" I didn't know. And he said "Dennis Hastert".
Then he continued, what is the United Nations for? to solve world problems and help the poor. He asked me 5 or 6 more questions all from the 100 list. No problem.

Then the English questions. I had to read a couple of sentences. And write I want to be a United States Citizen. Very easy.

I asked him when the next oath ceremony might be. He didn't know. I asked him about name check and FP and he told me that all is done and clear. That's it. About 25 minutes mostly because of the recording of speeding tickets and adding the additional paperwork showing marriage life. He did not look at the picture of my daughter. I am not surprised.

Overall, my impression of the Memphis US CIS is that they are very professional but they still have too many applications to handle. They are really making their best to comply with all procedures while providing good customer service.

I believe the next oath ceremony in Memphis is on August 18th, 2005. The last one was on May 4th. So, with a little bit of luck, I might be a citizen soon.

LEARNING #1: Don't bring just passport, GC and drivers license, even if letter says so. Bring anything even remotely possible that you might need. In particular tax filings and bank accounts.

LEARNING #2: Disclose, disclose, disclose. Traffic violations are to be recoded on the N400.

LEARNING #3: If you are married (and this is your only marriage) then the question how many times have you been married is 1 not 0. Same applies for the wife/husband question.

Did you put down your traffic tickets on your n400? or you just disclosed during the interview?

i learned a tip from JohnnyCash is to prepare the explaination on a separate page, and as well as to fill out the new page (to answer for the have you ever...) of that section on N400 and bring to the interview. the purpose is to ease the interviewer's job :)

i will try to do that for my interview.

Dear ocworker,
I did not know anything about traffic tickets while completing the N-400. I found out later about them. I just disclosed them during the interview. I had a "prepared statement" (letter) listing all the traffic tickets, and final disposition (final status) and as an attachment copies of the court records for each one of them. The US CIS agent included all that to my N-400 as an appendix and numbered all pages. He clearly said that we (applicants) should disclose everything including traffic tickets at the time of the interview. Good luck!

highlander said:
Dear ocworker,
I did not know anything about traffic tickets while completing the N-400. I found out later about them. I just disclosed them during the interview. I had a "prepared statement" (letter) listing all the traffic tickets, and final disposition (final status) and as an attachment copies of the court records for each one of them. The US CIS agent included all that to my N-400 as an appendix and numbered all pages. He clearly said that we (applicants) should disclose everything including traffic tickets at the time of the interview. Good luck!

thanks for your reply and congrat your interview again. i did not mention in my n400 but i know i will be disclosing them during the interview. planning to do the same of what you did "letter" listing all traffic tickets, and the final disposition, payment.. etc

thanks again

Interview experience

Hello everyone,
My interview on June 14th went very well. I had pretty much the same experience as Highlander. I have a feeling that we had the same officer. He spent about 20 minutes going over my application confirming my answers and verifying the originals of submitted documents. The civics and English part took about 5 minutes. I've got standard questions from the 100 questions list. I did pass the exam and got a Congratulations! line marked on my form. I'm looking forward to receive the Oath letter. Will keep you all posted:)