TSC/Memphis N-400 Timeline

I got my Interview Letter.

Finaly I got my Interview letter day before yesterday. It was not too long waiting after my fingerprint.
But my Interview is on 5th January, 2005 :eek: So they have sent me a notice two months earlier. Its like hold this for 2 months and PLEASE DON'T BUG US. but hey I am happy atleast I don't have to wonder what's going on in my case.
I have one question though, in my Interview Notice they have asked me for "Any evidence of selective services". I am a girl, and have read in the Naturalization Guide that male between 18-26 has to register for selective services. Now do I have to register for it or its just a standard letter from INS for everyone? Since I have plenty of time if I have to register in any.
Also how do I find out when they are scheduling the oath ceremony in my area? My DO is Memphis and zip is 72120.
Thanks you all
Application date: Mid April, 2004
FP Date: 28th September, 2004
Interview Date: 5th January, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish me a Good Luck!

Hi Friends,
Tomorrow is the day for my interview. I think I am ready for it. I am not that worried about the Qs about American History and stuff. Only thing I am praying for is my name check and my A-file. Hope it is done.
I will write my experience on Thursday. Wish me a Luck.
Thanks All,

I completed my Interview today.

Hi all.
Here is my interview experience.
I was schedule for an interview at 9.30. I reached there at 8.00 a.m (its 2.5 hours drive from my home and didn't wanted to take any chance with my old car, so I left very early). I waited for 45 mins in car and then went inside at 8.45. Passed through security and went on second floor which was full of about 50 pepole who were waiting for citizenship and AOS interview. I droped the letter in drop box. At 9.23 a lady called my name. I followed her. She was not rude nor friendly. I can say she was very professional. I never got to know her name as she never told me. I tried to read it on her ID but it was cover in sweater. (I really wanted to know her name.) She never went through any formalities like "have a seat", "Good Morning" nothing...
She asked me my driving license, passport anf GC. She started going through my application confirming that all information are still current and correct. Without any pause she asked me to write a simple sentance and asked about 8 question from those 100 questions. She asked me if i have got new photos with me since the one I had submitted is no longer valid. I didn't had those so she asked me to mail it out to the DO. I asked her if I get it done today, can I submit it and she said Yes. Then she said I have passed the test. She marked a paper saying that I have passed the English and History test. :)

Here comes the sad part. She said since I live in Arkansas, I come under Arkansas juridiction so I can go for Oath in Arkansas but some time they are very strict and they want you to attend the ceremony in Memphis. She was not sure when the next ceremony will be held. She said they do it when they have certain number of people for the ceremony. So its just uncertain :mad:
I hate uncertainity.

Now I don't know whether my Name Check is cleared or not. At that time since she hasn't said anything about it, it is done. But now I am having doubt. I should have asked her at that time but she was speaking like a machine gun and I was nervous :eek:
So I went at the window. There wasn't many pepole waiting there. I asked the lady there and she said I passed the interview doesn't mean I am done. It has to got through some Quality Assurance Procedure. :confused:
I asked her if she can check whether my Name check is cleared or not and she said she can not.
Sonow I don't know what to do. I will wait for a month for Oath letter and If I won't see any thing in mail probably I will start working on finding my status.

BTW after interview I went on forth floor where they have a photo studio. I got my two pictures done and gave it to her.
So please take two new standard photos with you.
If anyone have any question on this, I will be happy to answer.

My timeline
PD 19th April, 2004
FP 28th September, 2004
Interview 5th Jan, 2005
Oath ??? I hate uncertainity

New applicant N-400 Texas Service Center / Memphis office

Just to let you all know that I have filed an N-400 at Texas Service Center on January 24th, 2005. I belong to the Memphis office. Four business days after, the check has been cashed. At the back of the check there is a SSC*000nnnnn where nnnn is supposedly my receipt number. However, I have not received a I-797 Notice of Action yet and when I track the application online it says that that number does not exist. I called the National Customer Service Line and they say that it could take 6 weeks to show up in the system. I will keep you all posted on any advances.
Greetings,

Highlander.

Update on "No Updates"

Today is exactly a month to my interview. Haven't heard anything about my oath yet. But I have heard that in a small town like mine where there are not that many applicants, it takes them about 2 months to schedule an oath ceremony. I don't know whether my name check is cleared or not. I haven't send any inquiry about that. I have decided to wait for 15-30 days more. I know an applicant from my town who passed an interview about the same time as me and haven't heard anything...So I think I am cool :)

amishah said:
Today is exactly a month to my interview. Haven't heard anything about my oath yet. But I have heard that in a small town like mine where there are not that many applicants, it takes them about 2 months to schedule an oath ceremony. I don't know whether my name check is cleared or not. I haven't send any inquiry about that. I have decided to wait for 15-30 days more. I know an applicant from my town who passed an interview about the same time as me and haven't heard anything...So I think I am cool :)

I know somebody who went to an interview in Memphis and she belongs to the Memphis area. She was told that in February 2005 there is another swearing in ceremony in Memphis but it is already full. They will try to schedule her for the following one probably sometime in March-April. USCIS has to coordinate with judges (federal?) for the ceremony as they do not delegate this function to USCIS officers in this region.

Just wait. Good luck!

Highlander

highlander said:
I know somebody who went to an interview in Memphis and she belongs to the Memphis area. She was told that in February 2005 there is another swearing in ceremony in Memphis but it is already full. They will try to schedule her for the following one probably sometime in March-April. USCIS has to coordinate with judges (federal?) for the ceremony as they do not delegate this function to USCIS officers in this region.

Just wait. Good luck!

Javier

Thanks.
It will delay my trip to India more but nothing that I can do.
Do you when did that person was interviewed?

amishah said:
Thanks.
It will delay my trip to India more but nothing that I can do.
Do you when did that person was interviewed?

Yes. That person was interviewed on January 28, 2005. Interview was fast (10 minutes) usual things, going through the application, 10 questions of the list of 100, a little English exam... write this, describe the picture and that's it.

Good luck!

Receipt I-797 for N-400, Application number, and number on check

Today Feb 5th, I received the I-797 for the N-400 filed on January 24th, 2005. Very weird, the number at the back of the cleared check and the aplication number do not match at all.

---------------- Description of the I-797 ---------------------------
Case type: N-400
INS A# nnn nnn nnn (my correct Alien number)
Application number SSC*0008nnnnn (where n are digits)
Received Date: January 24, 2005
Priority Date: January 24, 2005
Page: 1 of 1
Payment $390
Applicant name and mailing address: my correct name and address.

The above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records indicate your personal information is as follows:

Date of birth: (correct date of birth)
Address where you live: (correct address)

Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify our office at the address listed below if there are any changes.

You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local INS office. You should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice.

INS Office address:
PO Box 851488
Mesquite, TN 78185

INS Customer Service Center
(800) 375-5283

Applicant Copy.

SSC$0007nnnnn (where n are digits)

-------------------------end of I-797--------------------

The interesting part is that the number at the back of my check (cleared immediately after filing) is the same one as the one at the bottom of the letter. I found that to be very curious.

Another interesting fact, it does not say anything about fingerprint notice, only about the interview. My FP were taken back in 2000 with a huge machine (digital). Maybe I don't have to go again! I don't know.

I can still not track anything online using neither the application number or the number at the back of the check. I guess I should wait. :)

I had received exact same letter. Was not saying anything about FP and the receipt# was not working for online case status check. It was saying same thing..within 365 days....

Tracking N-400 online problem

Dear amishah,

Thank you so much. So I still should expect FP even though the letter does not mention it. Also, did it ever work the online status? When?

I am guessing that somebody has to "upload" this infomation into CLAIMS4, which is the system that feeds the info to the USCIS web page, maybe after the FP.

Thanks!

Highlander

highlander said:
Dear amishah,

Thank you so much. So I still should expect FP even though the letter does not mention it. Also, did it ever work the online status? When?

I am guessing that somebody has to "upload" this infomation into CLAIMS4, which is the system that feeds the info to the USCIS web page, maybe after the FP.

Thanks!

Highlander

Yes. You will get a notice for your FP. I hope it doesn't take as long as it did for mine (6 months). The online thing didn't work for couple of months. After trying it for so many days I quit and then after when I was done with my FP, I tried again and it worked. So not sure when it started working.

amishah said:
Yes. You will get a notice for your FP. I hope it doesn't take as long as it did for mine (6 months). The online thing didn't work for couple of months. After trying it for so many days I quit and then after when I was done with my FP, I tried again and it worked. So not sure when it started working.

Dear Amishash,

Got it. Thanks for the info. I'll wait. Good luck with your oath ceremony appointment!

Highlander.

During my interview, she was just making sure that the information on the application when I applied and the information at the time of interview and not has been changed. She asked me looking at the application that am I working at the same place and on same position right now or not? She didn't ask me anything about my residence address. She did looked at my license though. She didn't ask me anything about the time frame of my job or residence. But in the form you do fill out this information like where did you work and live in last 5 years.
She didn't ask me for any proof of job or residence nor for ta returns. But it is good to have it with you. I had mine with me.
I don't have any run around with the laws. i don't have even any traffic tickets. So that was not an issue at all.

Is your DO is Memphis? Have filed your N-400 yet??

No. I haven't received my GC on employment based. I think she just asked it because she wanted the current information on the application. If I would have changed my job after applying and before interview, she would have wrote it down the current information on the application.

Highlander,

Did you use different address for mailing address and residence address?

I am trying to do this since i will be moving and need to give a stable mailing address.

Thanks

futcitizen said:
Highlander,

Did you use different address for mailing address and residence address?

I am trying to do this since i will be moving and need to give a stable mailing address.

Thanks

No, I used the same address for residence than from mailing, In fact, I think I left mailing address BLANK since it is only necessary if different.

Are you applying within the Memphis District Office?