Tsc-may/june Outstanding Receipt Tracker

No Title

On my I-140 approval notice, there is a field called "BENEFICIARY". This field contains my name plus my A# (=alien number).

For example, it could look something like

BENEFICIARY
BUSH, GEORGE W. A73 123 805

In that case, the A# would be 73 123 805. By the way, I believe the IIO can also look up your info without A#, just using your name but I\'m not sure.

No Title

The A# or "alien number" is a number assigned to you by INS. Each person has a unique A# that he/she keeps during the whole immigration process. If you tell an IIO your A#, they can look up all petitions that are pending or have previously been filed under your name.

You can find it on your I-140 approval notice in the field "BENEFICIARY" (see also my msg 1.1.1.1.1.1).

don\'t know your A# -> probably doesn\'t matter

You can get your A# from the I-140 approval notice. If your attorney has the approval notice, ask them to fax or send you a copy. Whenever I speak to an IIO, they first ask me "what\'s your name?". Then I tell them directly my A# and they say "ah, okay then give me your A#".

From that, I conclude that the IIO could find your record in the system even without A#. In fact, when I called this morning and found out my receipt numbers, I asked for the receipt numbers for my wife. Since my wife doesn\'t have an A# -- she filed as my dependent -- they asked for her name and then gave me her receipt numbers as well.

I think it\'s worth trying without an A#. And if you get through don\'t forget to ask the IIO for your A# so you\'ll have it in the future.

You know I\'m paying an attorney thousands of dollars but they don\'t do anything and never call up INS. Everything I have to do myself...

Wish you good luck!

No Title

Just call TSC and talk to an IIO. They can probably still find your case without A# using your name.

Highly recommend all of us using www.infitimes.com to track our receipt status

I saw a lot of entries for VSC on that website, but only a few for TSC. Please go there and input your record and keep all of us updated. Thanks.

BTW, I filed on 5/28, heard nothing so far.

TSC is moving !!!

I spoke to a moronic IIO yesterday and he surprised me(for a change!!)
with the following info:

I-485 has been entered into the system with RD 08/17(Couldn\'t believe; mixed emotions)
EAD has been approved on 08/21(couldn\'t believe either; +ve surprise), I already have AP receipt with RD 07/20

The arrogant IIO asked me "Why do I need RD for EAD if it is approved! Don\'t waste my time."

What this means is I lost my 3.5 months of "180 days" just b\'cos of these stinking neanderthals!!! But, something is better than nothing.

TSCW8er, u r right. IIO can look into his system with first+last name.
However, the problem with that is those morons usually make typing/spelling mistakes while entering ur name. So ur entry might be there with a misspelt name. It happened in my wife\'s case for her AP receipt.

It\'s really frustrating folks! Hang in there and I\'m pretty sure all of u should get it shortly.

I had mailed all apps together on 05/03 by FEDEX & received by INS on 05/04...

All the best..

what\'s the number of IIO

Could u pls give me the number to call IIO?Is it 214-381-1423? b\'coz everytime I call this number its engaged.Pls advice soon

yes! the no. u have is correct

But, there is trick to get this line thru\'

First of all, u need a lot of patience to redial an engaged no. u might be hearing an engage-tone for half an hour before u could get the line. TSC opens at 8:00 CST. In my experience, if u start calling TSC at around 7:15 CST u may get the line after 5-10 mins. It will take u to an answering m/c or recorded msg. Keep on pressing * after every 37 seconds once u are asked to repeat the whole menu. At around 08:02CST press "0" for IIO assistance. Then u may have to wait for 15-20 mins depending on ur luck, and then IIO will come on the line. Keep all the info & questions ready from ur side e.g. A# etc.

And even after doing all of the above, once IIO told me "Call back later" and hung up. So be prepared for this too.

Call INS only if u can withstand all this

All the best..

Spoke with IIO, EAD Processing April 14, 2001

Thanks desi2001,

I was able to talk to IIO. My details

EAD
RD: May 9, 2001
ND: July 27

He informed me that they are processing EAD for April 14, 2001. We know this is not true!!! I am guessing that they are working on two theards. One before June 2001, and the other may be early July. Thats why, applicants before June 2001 are getting reciepts now where as applicants with date later than July 1 are getting their reciepts and EADs.

Any thoughts?

this is a big joke

Almost all of the guys who filed in July have recvd their RD,ND\'s..man I don\'t know whether to laugh or cry :)
desi2001 sorry to hear they have screwed up on your RD dates..easy for them to say only 3.5 months..only we know the importance of that. BTW what was your ND?

psvgc I am still in the same boat..so u have company and don\'t feel bad. Hope this cheers you up. Seriously there is nothing we can do. I even called up the TSC liaison but it was in vain !!

Got the Info :))))))))

Thanks TSC485W8er, desi2001, GCHopes..

I called TSC, waited till eternity then spoke to a lady IIO..
I gave her the A#
she sounded serious, but was nice enough to tell me that all
my applications were recvd on May 31st 2001
(Am I sore, a lil bit, because i mailed it on May8th, it was
recvd on May15th there, but ok.. atleast the RD has May in it)

she gave me all the SRC numbers, my 485 and my wife\'s 485, EAD , AP
she said they mailed the notices yesterday and I should be getting them soon

vettipuls, try the A#route

No Title

hello PSVGC,
Did you use your own checks for applications? Were your checks cashed?
Thanks

no!!

I gave my own checks for my wife\'s applications and no they were not
cashed yet..

this is what a nice IIO told me sometime back..

First the mailroom contractor will go thru the applications,
enter them into the system and issue the reciept notice
(which we get eventually), then the packet/semi-processed applications
will go the INS dept and there they cash the checks..,

sounds true to me.. as our checks were not cashed so far..

try the A# if you know it, as they will be able to tell you
the rd and reciept number immediately.. my wife does not have A#
so after the IIO gave me my 485 rd details, with the help of my A#
she asked about my wife\'s lastname, first name, birth-date
i think just to confirm and gave all her reciept numbers..

Thank god iam so relieved...,
vettipuls, you should be getting yours soon, do not worry

regards

psvgc

congrats psvgc

I will try that route if I don\'t hear from them pretty soon. Good luck to you, what was your ND? Did she tell you?

No Title

The TSC customer service phone number is (214) 381-1423. You\'ll have to be VERY patient and redial many times before you can get through.