TSC Distinguished Club

thanks Minsk

I told them that I have not received RFI and my biometrics were taken a year ago and FP is about to expire,I got the same answer she said we are still working on 2001 cases,your case is now pending we will ask for RFI when we start working on your case,if the FP is expired we will ask you to do it again.

I asked if they received my biometrics,she said I can't provide you with this information.she added that the info we have is the same as you will find on our web site we.

one of the times I asked to speak to an IO the lady said that she is an IO.
is that true? does an IO take call directly before speaking to a representative?

God, it's so depressing.

eagle80 said:
thanks Minsk

I told them that I have not received RFI and my biometrics were taken a year ago and FP is about to expire,I got the same answer she said we are still working on 2001 cases,your case is now pending we will ask for RFI when we start working on your case,if the FP is expired we will ask you to do it again.

I asked if they received my biometrics,she said I can't provide you with this information.she added that the info we have is the same as you will find on our web site we.

one of the times I asked to speak to an IO the lady said that she is an IO.
is that true? does an IO take call directly before speaking to a representative?

God, it's so depressing.

Hell no! I don't think IOs take calls :) keep calling - that's my only suggestion. Sooner or later you will be connected to a better person :rolleyes:

hi minsk,

I just called them again,i spoke to an IO at TSC,i explained to her that i have not received any RFI,and my FP was taken 12month ago and it's about to expire.she put me on hold then she said she is gonna inquire my case.

does that mean anything good?

eagle80 said:
hi minsk,

I just called them again,i spoke to an IO at TSC,i explained to her that i have not received any RFI,and my FP was taken 12month ago and it's about to expire.she put me on hold then she said she is gonna inquire my case.

does that mean anything good?

At least they will pay some attention to our cases. I think it's better than nothing. I made an inquiry last Tuesday and didn't get any reply yet. So I guess let's wait and see what happens. :)

yea it's better than nothing.

how long should i wait before i call again if i don't receive a reply?

eagle80 said:
yea it's better than nothing.

how long should i wait before i call again if i don't receive a reply?

I would say wait for a month or so and then call 1800 number. If you feel like it's not gonna work go to you congressman. However don't be in a panic. In the worst case scenario they will just deny your I-485 and you will have to re-apply. No one is gonna kick you out of the country.

can they deny my application? what would be the reason for denail? or they can jusy deny without a reason?

I understand that they won't kick me out,but it's so important for me to get my GC early,it will make a great difference in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
eagle80 said:
can they deny my application? what would be the reason for denail? or they can jusy deny without a reason?

I understand that they won't kick me out,but it's so important for me to get my GC early,it will make a great difference in my life.

Of course it's gonna make difference and not only in your life. It's nice to have a U.S. passport, be eligable to work for the federal government, travel without any additional inspections and etc. We are all in the same boat. Unfortunately USCIS always treated asylees as a second class. Now things have changed a little after they removed 10,000 cap; but still a lot of us feel mistreated. There are still quiet a few guys with ND 2001 who haven't been approved yet! But for right now all you should do is just wait patiently for about a month or so and if nothing happens get in touch with your congressman. Oh and about denials.. they denied a few people recently for not showing up for their biometrics (even though they did do their BIOs). Probably some kind of error has occured in TSC system, so all those guys had to re-apply. The bottom line - you never know with USCIS what's gonna happen next and this is a BS we all have to deal with, but unfortunately there is not too much we can do... :rolleyes:

BIO done today...................................

I went walk-in by 1-800 advise today, not scheduled appointment letter................Thanks GOD those nice people at ASC let me did BIO CODE 3. :)

taurusborn said:
As you guys know I called TSC to see what was up with my
case a few weeks ago. Anyways got an email stating:

"On July 26, 2006, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".

and a LUD change.
hi, Taurusborn i was reading and i wondered if you ever received anything from TSC about this e-mail................................ or else ;)

taurusborn said:
Didnt get anything in the mail. Its amazing how broken the system is. :(

It's just ridiculous how they handle asylum based cases!! Two of my friends get merried recently (one in June another in May) and they both have their Green Cards already. Look at TSC processing time. All forms have a current processing time of 2006 except asylum based I-485 which is still August 2001! They didn't meet even their own estimated time! I am not even talking about the Strategic Plan... Director Gonzalez lied when he said during the online conference that asylees should expect USCIS to reduce backlog to 6 months waiting period like all other applicants... USCIS is a MESS and they mistreat asylees as they've always done :mad:

Minsk said:
It's just ridiculous how they handle asylum based cases!! Two of my friends get merried recently (one in June another in May) and they both have their Green Cards already. Look at TSC processing time. All forms have a current processing time of 2006 except asylum based I-485 which is still August 2001! They didn't meet even their own estimated time! I am not even talking about the Strategic Plan... Director Gonzalez lied when he said during the online conference that asylees should expect USCIS to reduce backlog to 6 months waiting period like all other applicants... USCIS is a MESS and they mistreat asylees as they've always done :mad:

I know what you mean................I been through all this mess (TSC)(USCIS)! :mad: but I'm gonna keep pushing, calling, appealing.....until get my case solved, which isn't easy at all, but is my only chance to get GC for now.
MY ONLY ADVICE TO YOU GUYS IS NOT TO WAIT SEAT FOR TSC NEWS, CALL THEM OR FIND OUT WHAT IS THE REAL STATUS OF YOURS CASES....................... ;)

z2000 said:
ND is OCT-2005.
BIO 3 is done on Nov-2005.
But since then, there is no update. I have heard that fingerprint will only be valid for one year. Guys, do I need do something? Thanks.

Yeah... after they passed Real ID Act USCIS was overexcited about future mass approvals and they a little overestimated their abilities. They sent to almost every applicant BIO and RFI right away after they received an application back then. It turned out that they could not meet their own expectations. I would suggest you to start with 1800 number (if you are lucky they will transfer you to TSC and an IO will make an inquiry on your behalf) If it doesn't work for you next step - your congressman office.

Google59 said:
I will write to congressman office. But USCIS is always right. What is my strong point?

That's the problem. I would write too but I know the answer I'll receive from USCIS. First of all they will point at their processing time (August 2001) and second of all they will point at their "estimated processing time". We are not even close to our approvals according to that. If you start arguing that some people with ND 2006 have been approved they will say that every case is unique and you can't go by somebody else experience. I guess some people are more unique than others though :rolleyes: Overall I think it's another BS from USCIS. It's impossible to understand the pattern they follow because most likely there isn't any. They just pull out some random cases and approve them.

I guess I'm not belong to this thread anymore - I was transferred from TSC to Newark NJ. The District Office processing dates way too different from processing dates of Service Centers: ~5 years apart!!??
For Newark, NJ as of today I-485 is March 14, 2006 compare to TSC I-485 with processing date of August 01, 2001. BUT in district offices there is no distinguish between applications compare to service centers, like employment based adjustment or asylum based or refugee based. And like you said Minsk "I would write too but I know the answer I'll receive from USCIS. First of all they will point at their processing time (August 2001) and second of all they will point at their "estimated processing time"." I think people who was transferred to district offices has little more favorable situation because of the very promising processing dates in case of arguing with USCIS about processing time. But who knows what the reality will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
opinion said:
I guess I'm not belong to this thread anymore - I was transferred from TSC to Newark NJ. The District Office processing dates way too different from processing dates of Service Centers: ~5 years apart!!??
For Newark, NJ as of today I-485 is March 14, 2006 compare to TSC I-485 with processing date of August 01, 2001. BUT in district offices there is no distinguish between applications compare to service centers, like employment based adjustment or asylum based or refugee based. And like you said Minsk "I would write too but I know the answer I'll receive from USCIS. First of all they will point at their processing time (August 2001) and second of all they will point at their "estimated processing time"." I think people who was transferred to district offices has little more favorable situation because of the very promising processing dates in case of arguing with USCIS about processing time. But who knows what the reality will be.

Opinion, I wish you good luck! Keep as updated about your case.

opinion said:

My friend OPINION: My opinion about this is that even if you had been move to another Service Center, you still one of our same boat " ROYAL ASYLUM CRUISE" :D and you are welcome aboard anytime you like, your help will be more than great! :)