485 FILED - 06/21/2007
Fingerpr - 07/14/2007

LUD's
I485 - 08/12/2007
I131 - 08/01/2007
I765 - 07/31/2007
NC - Not Clear yet
======

Looks pretty close yo your case, but not sure why you were asking about it when EB2 India is still "U" :-( :-(

Intresting update provided by Texas centre

I contacted today USCIS texas centre and was surprised to know that Texas centre will make the decision about my case by end of April..

I was told that even thought my security check is pending, centre will decide by April 30, about my GC rather than security clearance only. I could not believe this fact since, currently for EB2 india category, there is no visa available as of date. She could not promise that I will get the card by April 30, but asked me to check status online as they will make the decision by then.(she was not sure if they will provide any email update or not)

I am bit confused and but happy about this postive news provided by texas centre. Is centre might be already aware about upwards movement of visa for EB2 category to make my case current ( my PD is July 2002) due to fresh release of quota for April month.. Or they have already assigned the visas to my case since my case was current many times during last one year but was struck in name check.. She also said, they will also decide the case for my family as well. Not sure if she has seen that I am from EB2 category from India ;-)

I am hoping what she said is true. My FP was done in June 2006 and I am not sure if they will ask me to do it again.

Should I beleive in what she said..??

Thanks
rks2007
PD july 2002
Name check victim for last 2 years
EB2 India

I contacted today USCIS texas centre and was surprised to know that Texas centre will make the decision about my case by end of April..

I was told that even thought my security check is pending, centre will decide by April 30, about my GC rather than security clearance only. I could not believe this fact since, currently for EB2 india category, there is no visa available as of date. She could not promise that I will get the card by April 30, but asked me to check status online as they will make the decision by then.(she was not sure if they will provide any email update or not)

I am bit confused and but happy about this postive news provided by texas centre. Is centre might be already aware about upwards movement of visa for EB2 category to make my case current ( my PD is July 2002) due to fresh release of quota for April month.. Or they have already assigned the visas to my case since my case was current many times during last one year but was struck in name check.. She also said, they will also decide the case for my family as well. Not sure if she has seen that I am from EB2 category from India ;-)

I am hoping what she said is true. My FP was done in June 2006 and I am not sure if they will ask me to do it again.

Should I beleive in what she said..??

Thanks
rks2007
PD july 2002
Name check victim for last 2 years
EB2 India

My impression is that CS in service centers do not distinguish EB categories, I am not sure about countries either. May be there is no that information on their screens when they are talking to you. I believe that information about categories and cases eligibilities available to Adjudicators only.
They have different level of access.

So they may thought you are EB1 extraordinary professor or RoW. They do not know for sure internal DoS information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Access

The CIS do have access to country and EB category. I have taken three infopasses and clarified this many times. Hope his case gets approved in April - so as mine. My name check is also cleared in Oct. as per TSC with PD sep.2002 and RD May 06. I sincerely hope to get out of this hell soon!

Not this year

The CIS do have access to country and EB category. I have taken three infopasses and clarified this many times. Hope his case gets approved in April - so as mine. My name check is also cleared in Oct. as per TSC with PD sep.2002 and RD May 06. I sincerely hope to get out of this hell soon!

Even if hypothetically to assume that EB2 India changes in April bulletin from "U" to something it will be "Januarry 2000".
Theoretically it would be possible by the end of this FY but not earlier than August 2008.

Too many EB3 Indians with PD 2001 and earlier started over green cards in EB2 category and recaptured PD which much earlier than yours.

!

I was surprised with the confidence with whch she spoke to me, thus created a hope in my mind. When I asked about I from EB2 category from India with no visa availavbility, she said, your case( not only secuirty clearance but GC) will be decided by April end. Therefore, I will have to assume that they cannot tell wrong information to customer. Also, she again checked the SRC numbers for my family members and confirmed that their cases will also be cleared by the same time...

My gut feeling is that for April, 2008(Q2) quota is allocated and my case might have become current, and this information has to be with the centre, ( we will know the more details by mid March about new visa bulletin).

Rest only GOD, and USCIS knows.

rks2007
PD July 2002
name check still not clear

Update my signature. Got LUD for my I-140 on 2/10/08, dependent's I-485 on 1/31/08 and 3/4/08. It seems they are doing something recently.

..... When I asked about I from EB2 category from India with no visa availavbility, she said, your case( not only secuirty clearance but GC) will be decided by April end. .....

Did you speak to IO ? The customer service reps just read the info on the status check webpage. And the lady i spoke today doesn't understand the term priority date . What a customer service.

EB2- India update

Did you speak to IO ? The customer service reps just read the info on the status check webpage. And the lady i spoke today doesn't understand the term priority date . What a customer service.

Hi GC,

I used special method to contact Texas service centre and lady seems to be aware of too much information. I didnot talk to any immigration officer but only someone at Texas service centre.

I hope you know, how to get routed to texas centre using POJ technique, availble in this immigration protal.

I hope what she said should be true for EB2 india namecheck victim so that I can enjoy my freedom soon.

I read in other forums that Q2 quota for EB2(india) might make PD cut off date to Dec 2003, thus, I think, she was telling me the true picture to have my plastic card ready by April 30.

rks2007

I read in other forums that Q2 quota for EB2(india) might make PD cut off date to Dec 2003, thus, I think, she was telling me the true picture to have my plastic card ready by April 30.

rks2007

I too have a 2002 PD, but later than yours. So i should be getting it after you ;-) . I assume there aren't ton of (PD 2000,2001 )India EB2 folks with RD prior to July 2006.

May be India EB2 quota reaches its quarterly limit within 2 days of April 2008.

I need to call USCIS on April 1, to make sure there is visa available and ask if someone can take the action quickly before qouta is exhausted..

Hopefully, we will see cutoff date in visa bulletin which will confirm the rumour and believe that fresh quota for EB2 will be allocated for Q2,08 and PD cut of date moved to Dec 1,2003..

Rest, wait and watch & pray and ....

rks2007

wierd second reply for same SR ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know whether to rejoice or get more dejected. My service request from January 31st 2008 had generated a reply that was the normal "pending review" message. I just got back home and my maill box had another service request reply to the same request of Jan 31st. This time it says .. get this..

"Your permanent resident card was produced and has not returned to this office.

You will need to file and application to replace alien registration card(form i-90) along with the proper fee using the reason for filing application listed under part 2 as:

I am Permanent Resident or Conditional Permanent Resident and:
a. My card was lost, stolen or destroyed"

What am I to make of this.. is this good or bad news. If it is true the queue for I-90 at California is backed up to aug 19 2007.

I am trying to convince myself this is just a big blooper among many by uscis.
On the other hand I have a hard document from USCIS maybe i can use this in a positive way for myself(not sure what)

wierd second reply for same SR ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know whether to rejoice or get more dejected. My service request from January 31st 2008 had generated a reply that was the normal "pending review" message. I just got back home and my maill box had another service request reply to the same request of Jan 31st. This time it says .. get this..

"Your permanent resident card was produced and has not returned to this office.

You will need to file and application to replace alien registration card(form i-90) along with the proper fee using the reason for filing application listed under part 2 as:

I am Permanent Resident or Conditional Permanent Resident and:
a. My card was lost, stolen or destroyed"

What am I to make of this.. is this good or bad news. If it is true the queue for I-90 at California is backed up to aug 19 2007.

I am trying to convince myself this is just a big blooper among many by uscis.
On the other hand I have a hard document from USCIS maybe i can use this in a positive way for myself(not sure what)

Hi mmubeen,

If I were you, I would:

-- Rejoice!

-- Verify that your i-485 has indeed been approved (call customer service and book InfoPass appointment)

-- Book InfoPass appointment and get the permanent residency stamp on your passport and verify with the immigration officer the next steps you need to take to obtain the plastic card.

Hi mmubeen,

If I were you, I would:

-- Rejoice!

-- Verify that your i-485 has indeed been approved (call customer service and book InfoPass appointment)

-- Book InfoPass appointment and get the permanent residency stamp on your passport and verify with the immigration officer the next steps you need to take to obtain the plastic card.
I wish that were true. The latest in this story is that I tried infopass and they were all out today. So I juat used the POJ method and got hold of an IO who seemed pretty confident that this was an error. She said she was looking at the history on the case and was convinced the letter was a mistake.She asked me to fax in the letter. I faxed it to her and add my phone number on it. Now I guess I wait till she responds with why i got the letter.

Best of luck

I need to call USCIS on April 1, to make sure there is visa available and ask if someone can take the action quickly before qouta is exhausted..

Hopefully, we will see cutoff date in visa bulletin which will confirm the rumour and believe that fresh quota for EB2 will be allocated for Q2,08 and PD cut of date moved to Dec 1,2003..

Rest, wait and watch & pray and ....

rks2007

It is all luck , since the USCIS doesn't have ability to process applications in FIFO . Whatever falls on their head while in the file room will be processed.

So, tomorrow is march 10th. Should we call USCIS tomorrow or on the 11th! Any guesses on how long we will be on hold? Is there any benefit in calling or we are just going to get the regular responses?

I know, just frustrated.