TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Is there any list of airlines/countries that do not recognize AP (on our way back) and we should avoid them?

Well, this is not airlines/countries related. it is more of a mandate the US imposed on the airline to the check that the passenger has a visa to enter the US. every airline with service to the US has a system where a visa number has to be entered before the boarding pass is printed.

It happened to me in France with air France. the air France agent was asking me for a visa while she was holding the advance parole. fortunately, the agent was unexperienced, but nice. I convinced her to enter the A# on the advance parole in the system and that worked. actually it works since it is a visa number, an immigrant visa number, but the issue is the advance parole does not mention the word "visa" on it.

This is a huge problem since unlike the immigration, the airlines don't have define known lows that you can abide by and be safe. they adopt what the see fit and they can deny you form getting on the plan in the name of security.

I don't mean to discourage anybody form traveling, but I would say that if you are not in dire need to travel on advance parole, don't (if you care about returning to the US).

Hope that helped.

Great enjoy....aftret vising infopass twice and several phone calls to uscis I got a letter from USCIS yesterday, after three months, saying that the RFE message on October 3rd, 07 was due to a glitch in the system. These people don't know how much stress we go through due to their glitch

PD- Feb 2002

I received the card in mail today. This forum has been a great place to get guidance and exchange ideas. I won't be checking it often but if I can share any information with anybody, please send me a private email on the forum. I will definitely reply. Goodluck and hope everybody gets approved soon. :)

PD 09/02 - EB3 ROW - card production ordered

I received "card production ordered" ...

It's been a long and hard journey. Thank you all for the support !

As I understand it, no, it doesn't. These two are different things.

Does Pre-adjudication means that a visa number has been assigned to the case??
For me, the 60 day period after receiving the response on RFE by USCIS was over in mid December, but still no reply. Also, all checks cleared early 2nd qrtr last year.

Another name check victim

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know if writ of mandamus still work in cases where name check has been pending for a long time (let's say more than 1.5 years)? I filed for I-485 in May 2006 and I've been current ever since but I'm stuck in name check.
My lawyer says:
".... If the issue is the pending background/name check, then there is not much that can be done to speed it up as it is in the hands of FBI and Homeland Security. However, we can keep following up on a regular basis for you to make sure they keep sight of your case. Mandamus is not recommended in a case like this. We have cases which are older and still pending ..."
I've heard here and there that people are still suing USCIS to speed up name check. What do you think? Can we do anything?

I can only speak for myself, but from what Ive read and seen, Id wait for 3 years of name check delay before even considering filing a suit.

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know if writ of mandamus still work in cases where name check has been pending for a long time (let's say more than 1.5 years)? I filed for I-485 in May 2006 and I've been current ever since but I'm stuck in name check.
My lawyer says:
".... If the issue is the pending background/name check, then there is not much that can be done to speed it up as it is in the hands of FBI and Homeland Security. However, we can keep following up on a regular basis for you to make sure they keep sight of your case. Mandamus is not recommended in a case like this. We have cases which are older and still pending ..."
I've heard here and there that people are still suing USCIS to speed up name check. What do you think? Can we do anything?

Your attorney is right. I also considered WOM a month ago, and here are my 2 cents:
- Most successful cases were Naturalization delay (results delayed more than the 120 days limit after the interview), not AOS.
- Most attorneys advise a wait time of at least 2 years
- It is costly with no guaranteed result (my attorney asked $3500 for the initial hearing).
- It totally depends on the judge. If you are lucky, the judge can order USCIS to speed up the case, but no one can overrule the FBI. Still, however, many cases didn't make it past the initial hearing.
- Back in Nov 07, USCIS promised a new name check procedure that should clear good percentage of the back log within 6 months. So wait until May 08.
- USCIS might use other means to retaliate. I read some horror stories about WOM. If the IO handling your case is mean, he can request an interview, and try to dig for reasons to deny your petition.
- Remember, AOS is a privilege, not a right.
The vicious circle is, USCIS started this additional check back in 2002 (the congress did not request NC) with a ridicules formula and recourses and now blaming the FBI for the delay. They send the request to the FBI with priority 3 (indefinite wait) so the FBI doesn’t really rush it. On the other hand, the FBI only considers expedite name check request from the customer (i.e. USCIS). Each beaurocrate blames the other for the backlog. In case of excessive delay (over 3 years), try InfoPath with an immigration supervisor, sometimes they listen. If that doesn’t work, your only other option, as Michael Cannon personally said, is to sue USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still on vacation....?

Seems our buddies over at TSC are still in vacation mode. Haven't seen many approvals lately.

LUD and Message change

Hi All,

Today morning both mine and my wife's 485 had an LUD with the following message on mine, but there was no change in message for my wife's 485:

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 12, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thank u Sai.

-Still

Something's moving

Hi,

Yesterday and today we had soft LUD's in all mine and dependents' applications, except for my spouse. She got RFE. Also LUD same date on my already approved I-140.

Looks like my cases are moving some, although my PD is not current yet. Hopefully it will be all processed by the time we can get visa numbers assigned.

EB2 numbers unavailable for India

Does it mean no EB2 approvals till Oct 2008?

I saw on a immigration attorney's newsletter (don't recall now) that this freeze is temporary. Hope thats true.
However, as per the bulletin statement "they have reached annual limit for EB2", I interpret that EB2 quota is over for this year, unless someone else has different interpretation.