TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

That is good. So, it is just a matter of months for you to get approved.

When I called two weeks ago, NC pending. I saw LUD on 12/2 and 12/3 on my I485. Called today, waited for 40 minutes before I could talk to TSC rep, she told me my NC got cleared, but refused to tell me when. Some relief here. Now waiting continues.

I highly doubt my old employer will withdraw the app. also, the way I understand it, after 6 months of filing you own your I485, so it should not be affected even if the employer withdraw the I140.
AC21 is risky. if the I485 was denied for some reasons, then you are immediately out of status. Shehrazi and others stated they lost sleep over this, so I am going to pay the fees just to get the peace of mind. I won't waste 8 yrs of hard work just to save 5500$.

Now, my understanding if the I140 is approved, you can get 3 yrs extension for H1B. but my attorney said it is only 1 yr but can be extended to 3. I really didn't fully understand this part. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

If you PD is current then you'll get H1B approval for only 1 year validity
if your PD is not current then you can get 3 years of H1 Validity

Yes, I think renewing H1B is a wise choice.

When I called two weeks ago, NC pending. I saw LUD on 12/2 and 12/3 on my I485. Called today, waited for 40 minutes before I could talk to TSC rep, she told me my NC got cleared, but refused to tell me when. Some relief here. Now waiting continues.

I too called TSC after seeing LUDs on I 485 on 11/2 and 11/3. Was told that NC cleared some where in sept 2007. Did not give specific date. Now waiting fingers crossed for Visa availability.

hey guys, i hope someone can help me on this one.
I already had my interview and my name check is cleared on 10/11/07. However, I still haven't heard anything from USCIS. What can I do. I went to a few infopass, and everytime they just told me to a little long.

I already had my interview and my name check is cleared on 10/11/07. However, I still haven't heard anything from USCIS. What can I do. I went to a few infopass, and everytime they just told me to a little long.

What is your country, category and labor priority date.

If its India, EB3, its May 01, 2001 is the present processing date.

but my PD is July 2005 and I applied my 485 in Sep-2005.

But now as we know EB2 retrogressed to 2002-Jan, can I still expect any good news in next month or so?
Thanks.

If you are EB-2 India, with a PD of Jul 2005, you should forget about greencard for next 5 or 10 years. To see why look at the annual quota and number of H-1Bs coming in every year.

If you are EB-2 India, with a PD of Jul 2005, you should forget about greencard for next 5 or 10 years. To see why look at the annual quota and number of H-1Bs coming in every year.
May be they borrow some "unused numbers" from previous years. And raising the 7% country limit is not going to happen.

Recapture of unused visa numbers would require a change in the law. Noone in congress has time to think about immigration now.

Hi,

I don't think you can do anything until your case is outside the processing dates of the TSC. Then you can contact your senator or congressman. They can push USCIS to process your application if it is outside the processing date.

thanks for all your inputs,
how long is considered "outside" of the processing date of TSC? I also came across CIS Ombudsman. Has anyone ever heard of this or done this before. According to www.dhs.gov, you can file Form 7001 to DHS and they will try to assist you with your case when your case is pending longer than expected length of time or when you are about to face any sort of hardship. Any comments?

Finally .... :)

Received the approval notice & cards today in the postal mail (exactly 1 week after CRIS USCIS e-mail of "Card production ordered"), please see my signature for details (dates are in YY/MM/DD). Thanks to all of you and your support, I could not have made it without your constant guidance and encouragement.

I will definitely tag along and read threads on this forum & respond with my experience as appropriate.

Good luck to all of you in your efforts.

Cheers :)

Don't think he can help much unless you have a really unique case - like USCIS screwed up but refused to make corrections. However, it doesn't hurt to try if you meet the basic requirements listed on the form.

how long is considered "outside" of the processing date of TSC? I also came across CIS Ombudsman. Has anyone ever heard of this or done this before. According to www.dhs.gov, you can file Form 7001 to DHS and they will try to assist you with your case when your case is pending longer than expected length of time or when you are about to face any sort of hardship. Any comments?

Congratulations to mdlbr20020531!

Don't be tooooo optimistic about that. I submitted this form back in Septemeber, so I have some experience with it. In a nutshell, what they actually do, they take your form, which is your comlaint about the unfair treatment you have received from USCIS/FBI, and the letter you submit with the form, the letter where you describe your hardships, and forward this to USCIS for their consideration. Again: THEY TAKE YOUY COMPLAINT ABOUT USCIS AND FORWARD IT TO USCIS(!!!!). The original response from the ombudsman stated I would receive a written response from USCIS in 45 days. 60 days have passed since then, no response yet. This is not a great disappointment since I know what would be the contents of such response.

I called TSC a month ago, they told me that my NC cleared too. They also refused to tell me when. The representative said '' it is internal information''. I am not sure how reliable it is. It seems we have to wait and see what happens in 2008.

Called TSC today

I just spoke with an I/O at TSC and she confirmed me that my NC was cleared in October and the case has been assigned to an officer.

She could not tell me when the case was assigned, however, I saw a soft LUD on 11/28/07.

Can anyone please tell me how long will it take for this officer to review cases?

Thanks.

Soft LUD

It is a change in last updated date (LUD) without any message change.... This could happen for variety of reasons. NC cleared, Finger prints cleared, Finger Prints taken, Case assigned to an Immi Officer.... basically anything on the case.

Regular LUD: When message changes from one to another of course date will change automatically.... for things like
Application Received--> RFE issued --> RFE recv'd --> Approval Notice sent --> Cards ordered

Yeah right... only dreaming to see the last two messages....

what is soft LUD ?

Being selfish that's all

Rollingstone.... yeah, I am from India....Only time where I say my country name with disappointed voice.... but You woke me up from a lovely dream just by mentioning 5-10 years..... I agree with you it may take anywhere between that time...

I read in lot of forum messages that "RFE is more often than not a good sign"
that was the only reason why I was being optimistic and other thing is that I applied my 485 in Sep-2005. I was just hoping to cut the long line (being Selfish) of July/Aug Visa bulletin applicants. July/Aug applicants don't curse me just yet... think twice if you would hope for the same if you were in my boat.

Rollingstone what's your position, I mean what's priority date and NC cleared?

MY case is same..

The Rep says my NC is clear.. when I asked when.. she says.. she cannot tell me those details...
PD EB3 India 05/07/2001