TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

EAD renewal

Hi Guys:
Need an advice on the EAD renewal..Pending for 85 days ..no updates..
I am worry because my AP was stuck in NC for 5 months last year..
Would you recommend me to go with a lawyer...

EAD and AP generally don't require FBI name check, did an IO tell you it took 5 months for your AP because of NC? Could be something else. Also I heard cases of EAD being transferred to other centers such as CSC, so hopefully it will be faster soon.

Hi Guys:

My wife's has been pending for 110 days

We have the same problem. My wife and I filed EAD renewal applications at the same time (back in May). Mine was approved after 90 days and my wife's is still pending.

Made an InfoPass appointment one week back and talked to USCIS customer representative a couple of times to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Hi Guys:

Thank u

EAD and AP generally don't require FBI name check, did an IO tell you it took 5 months for your AP because of NC? Could be something else. Also I heard cases of EAD being transferred to other centers such as CSC, so hopefully it will be faster soon.[/QUOTE]

Thank u

Name check e-mail address

Does anybody happen to know where we can send a e-mail to get status or any inquiry for FBI name check

Regards

New information

This is not true anymore, folks. I just stopped by my congressman's office and was told that USCIS started security check for EAD applications this week.

They are making it harder and harder.

The last resort left for us is to file a lawsuit.

EAD and AP generally don't require FBI name check, did an IO tell you it took 5 months for your AP because of NC? Could be something else. Also I heard cases of EAD being transferred to other centers such as CSC, so hopefully it will be faster soon.

Thank u[/QUOTE]

This is not true anymore, folks. I just stopped by my congressman's office and was told that USCIS started security check for EAD applications this week.

They are making it harder and harder.

The last resort left for us is to file a lawsuit.

Thank u
[/QUOTE]

I think there was some basic check done for EAD. But i don't think FBI name will be applied to EAD . If that is case you can see many packing their bags to home countries.

I think there was some basic check done for EAD. But i don't think FBI name will be applied to EAD . If that is case you can see many packing their bags to home countries.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't know the truth behind what kind of clearance is needed for EAD or ... USCIS has said several different things which perhaps contradict each other in some cases.
I have seen something very weired though: A friend of mine who changed his company to ours last year, applied for EAD and other things thru our company and also applied to transfer his H1-B to ours. His wife got her EAD and AP in a few month but he himself has been waiting for his for more than six month now. When he calls USCIS they say that your security clearance has not been recieved.
More interesting is that, his H1-B has not been transfered either. They say they are waiting for some security clearance for that. After a year, he even upgraded it to Premium Processing, they did not do it in two weeks because of that same issue!

I have other friends who waited for their EAD renewals more than 90 days after which they took an infopass appointment and talked to somebody there. Their EAD was approved within a week of that appointment.

I am not sure if infopass helps or not, but it is worth trying. My second EAD application has been pending for two month now. Well, I guess two month is nothing! people are talking about more than 90 days on this forum and outside. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_mania was right. Some forms of security checks are always required for EAD and pretty much any immigration benefit applications, the difference is the level or depth of the investigation. I don't believe they run FBI name check for EAD, AP or I-140, but again, they could change. Another possibility is that if they find something unusual during initial checks (IBIS for example), they may choose to expand the investigation to full scale for a particular case.

I was told that it is a _new_ check

And it was started after this 9/11 anniversary.

I was also told that this week _F_ _B_ _I_ and _U_S_C_I_S_ have asked all congressmen not to initiate any inquiries about _F_ _B_ _I_ name check on behalf of applicants.

Let's hope for the best but ...

GC_mania was right. Some forms of security checks are always required for EAD and pretty much any immigration benefit applications, the difference is the level or depth of the investigation. I don't believe they run FBI name check for EAD, AP or I-140, but again, they could change. Another possibility is that if they find something unusual during initial checks (IBIS for example), they may choose to expand the investigation to full scale for a particular case.

What's next?

Done with the FP's yesterday, what's next? Name check? When will they initiate the Name checks? How will I know that and when? Is there anything I need to do?

After the FP's Yesterday, there are LUD's on I485 (all three of us) and LUD on my son's AP.

Thanks!

Done with the FP's yesterday, what's next? Name check? When will they initiate the Name checks? How will I know that and when? Is there anything I need to do?

After the FP's Yesterday, there are LUD's on I485 (all three of us) and LUD on my son's AP.

Thanks!

You should probably wait for a few month and then take an infopass appointment to check if your namecheck has been sent out to FBI or not. That's the main delay element in the greencard process.

Wow. If what you were told is true it is going to be a nightmare for a lot of people. Imagine 100,000 plus people who cannot renew their EADs because of pending fbi name checks, if they no longer have valid H1B, they will not be able to work. let's see if we will have more reports from other sources - I doubt it will fly.

I could understand their plea to Congressmen though, sooner or later they are going to try that approach.

I was also told that this week _F_ _B_ _I_ and _U_S_C_I_S_ have asked all congressmen not to initiate any inquiries about _F_ _B_ _I_ name check on behalf of applicants.

But they are also saying this (no. 22). I just cannot see how this and what the congressman said can compute. If they conduct FBI check for AP/EAD as well BUT quickly and smoothly, then fine. Otherwise, it'd be a nightmare as Zgreen put it.

As for the congressional inquiry, they then should implement something so that applicants can follow their security check status online instead. I know they are saying they won't disclose the info for security reason, but the delay is already defeating its purpose, so what gives? Plus, people are not too far from it if they assume they are stuck in name check without any news from CIS for a long time. I guess CIS/FBI are just trying not to let people officially confirm they are stuck (so people cannot take any real action).

Wow. If what you were told is true it is going to be a nightmare for a lot of people. Imagine 100,000 plus people who cannot renew their EADs because of pending fbi name checks, if they no longer have valid H1B, they will not be able to work. let's see if we will have more reports from other sources - I doubt it will fly.

I could understand their plea to Congressmen though, sooner or later they are going to try that approach.

But they are also saying this (no. 22). I just cannot see how this and what the congressman said can compute. If they conduct FBI check for AP/EAD as well BUT quickly and smoothly, then fine. Otherwise, it'd be a nightmare as Zgreen put it.

As for the congressional inquiry, they then should implement something so that applicants can follow their security check status online instead. I know they are saying they won't disclose the info for security reason, but the delay is already defeating its purpose, so what gives? Plus, people are not too far from it if they assume they are stuck in name check without any news from CIS for a long time. I guess CIS/FBI are just trying not to let people officially confirm they are stuck (so people cannot take any real action).

Atleast they (FBI) should put an access point to USCIS officer , so that when one goes for an infopass appointment, the IO can tell something like "Your name had hit. Currently it is waitlisted for an officer to look. You are at position 30000 in the waiting list . etc".

may be this could be the side effect of Ombudsman taunting USCIS & FBI like "You already allow people to work in USA, while namecheck is pending".

So, may be instead of putting more resources to work , they discovered the other route to solution - just make it tough to get EADs. So, there will not be the question of people being allowed to work while name check is pending.

Yes, that was expected, with everyone shouting that NC delays were affecting security by allowing people to obtain EAD. So instead of making NC faster, they made EAD slower. There are three three guaranteed in life - death, taxes and immigration backlogs.

I guess now I got my answer about whether I should renew H1B or go for the EAD!

They really dont want us here do they :(

I think if they are going to scrutinize EAD, they will do it for H1B as well. Because both allow to work for temporary period of time. I hope the new check is some other fully automated check and not the namecheck.