TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Good news. Hope they implement something.

But what about short term waiters who have spent 1+ year in this prison.

Think about this, two applicant file Labor on say Jan 1 2002
Then one gets Labor cleared in 2004 and files 485 say in October 2004. Another one like several thousond of us rot in PBEC and DBEC. They get labor cleared in 2006 and file in say July 2006. They are 1+ year victim but person whose RD is 2004 is granted a 3 + victim status. To me both have sufferered and actually the one's who filed after suffering BEC have suffered more as they did not even have the coverage of EAD. I spent sleepless nights when a layoff was looming in my company and H1B clock ticking down to last months.

In short I do not see this as justice to BEC sufferers. If there is fairness in system it should come by taking P.D strictly in to account.

There is no faire

I think people think only about the last stage and say "You have waited only for 1 year". I know how it feels like getting crucified in BEC.

Yeah...I also feel bad for those old PDs that will FINALLY get out of the BEC mess at the end of September may not be able to file 485 this October. That's a real possibility for EB3 2002, 2003 guys. Then once they file 485 when they finally get out of the retro mess, there is another mess which is NC.

I think people think only about the last stage and say "You have waited only for 1 year". I know how it feels like getting crucified in BEC.

I guess all 2006 filers are stuck. Did you get to see the screen where it says NC pending?

Just came back from Infopass - Still stuck in name check ! Meanwhile my wife's name cleared. But i am the primary. I have to agree to gc_mania's google theory. My wife's name is not that common. But parts of my name combinations are very popular ( thousands of google hits).

I guess all 2006 filers are stuck. Did you get to see the screen where it says NC pending?
No i didn't see the screen shot. There were many Indian guys ahead of me in the info pass queue. I heard the officer saying "Your wife is cleared , you are not yet cleared. You could approach a congress person" etc.

Interesting. So there's a line - like at the movies? How big was the queue?

Queue in a different sense. Tokens . Guys were waiting for their token to be called. 4 guys ahead of me.

In other threads people are discussing like "something is cooking up in USCIS+FBI to clear those with pending name checks > 6 months. Folks claim they got this info while talking to IOs." I hope such positive talk come true.

Could you please post links for those threads, Thanks

Queue in a different sense. Tokens . Guys were waiting for their token to be called. 4 guys ahead of me.

In other threads people are discussing like "something is cooking up in USCIS+FBI to clear those with pending name checks > 6 months. Folks claim they got this info while talking to IOs." I hope such positive talk come true.

I get less than 1000 matches when I search for my full name on google, I however really doubt that, this is a good indication of your wait in NC.

When does one get second Finger Print notice ?

So,now i have spent 13 months in I-485 stage . The FP expires after 15 months, right ?. Do they always send the second FP notice right after the 15 month expiration ? What is the experience of seniors in this forum ?
I have an upcoming vacation.

Still waiting too.

I am still waiting for my 2nd FP notice. My RD was 1 and half month ahead of yours.

So,now i have spent 13 months in I-485 stage . The FP expires after 15 months, right ?. Do they always send the second FP notice right after the 15 month expiration ? What is the experience of seniors in this forum ?

My first FP was in October 2004 and the second one in May of 2007 (in 30 months), so it's not strictly 15 months

Still waiting too. (MD-Oct 02-PD)

I am still waiting for my 2nd FP notice. My RD was 1 and half month ahead of yours.

Likely cases

20 months passed from first FP still no new appointment for 2nd FP.

As per my understanding from my attorney, USCIS will call for the finger prints if USCIS thinks that your case likely to come up for a decision within the next one year.

Oops!

Maybe your lawyer right and sounds reasonable to me too. However everything possible from USCIS, is not it.

As per my understanding from my attorney, USCIS will call for the finger prints if USCIS thinks that your case likely to come up for a decision within the next one year.

Thats what "namecheck" is. It is a legal way of profiling. If your first/last name doesn't sound right or you are from a specific country then we will keep you waiting forever. I don't have a problem with them profiling, like in the airport, it just has to be in reasonable time frame. If regular namecheck takes one week then the oddballs should not take more than 4 weeks.

Here's something intersting: Yesterday, I called TSC with a question on when my namecheck was initiated (my i485 RD is october 2003) and was very much surprised to hear that this info is a secret, the IO wouldn't let me know that. When I said I was absolutely sure other people get this info from CIS the lady said that was the case but not any longer. Please share if anybody had the same experience. One of my hypothesis about these long waits for the NC be cleared is that these (maybe some) cases were cleared once but the visa numbers were assigned to other people. I recall there was some mentioning on CNN that last year 30,000 GCs were issued to those who didn't qualify at that time. My guess the number of those who qualified and the number of issued visas should agree. The only way to make the ends meet is to delay some cases and initiate another NC after a waiting period.

I got the same response from InfoPass

I got the same response last Friday at an InfoPass appointment.

My guess is that more and more cases have been filed against them and they are taking measures to protect their asses.

On the whole, it looks like that the only way out for us is to file a lawsuit.

Here's something intersting: Yesterday, I called TSC with a question on when my namecheck was initiated (my i485 RD is october 2003) and was very much surprised to hear that this info is a secret, the IO wouldn't let me know that. When I said I was absolutely sure other people get this info from CIS the lady said that was the case but not any longer. Please share if anybody had the same experience. One of my hypothesis about these long waits for the NC be cleared is that these (maybe some) cases were cleared once but the visa numbers were assigned to other people. I recall there was some mentioning on CNN that last year 30,000 GCs were issued to those who didn't qualify at that time. My guess the number of those who qualified and the number of issued visas should agree. The only way to make the ends meet is to delay some cases and initiate another NC after a waiting period.