On August 14, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on
this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the
processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing
address so this notice can be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

We are in the same house from past 3 years and we recently got FP appointment letter to the same address. We gave fingerprints on 08/04/07.
after that there is no change in message. When I checked status yesterday night I saw this. We took info pass appointment and went to USCIS at 11:30 today. the officer said he didn't see any activity on my case recently and also told my case was assigned to an officer on Aug 1st. Anybody had the same situation. Please reply.

Mine is EB3 LD : mar 03
I-140 ND : JULY 04
Approved on OCT 04

I-485 ND : JULY 04
FP2 :08/04/07 LUD 08/06/07(no message change),08/07/07((no message change) and 08/14/2007(with above message)

thanks

Hi Lianghn_1999:

Congratulations! You provided some useful information about requesting a record from FBI before, I preciated it very much (I remembered you wrote a lot letters to a lot people). Do you know the address for the FBI who charges for back ground checking? I am tired of waiting now and think to start to write something to somebody. It is very frustrating...

Last edited by a moderator:
Primary Applicant Approved Spouse .........

I've been introduced to this community about 2 months ago, right after we filed our 485 and reading a lot of information, that up till now I would forgot to register as I was busy reading other's experience and inputs.

Finally yesterday got an email saying that "Card Production was Ordered". Since me and my spouse petition was filed together and fingerprint, AP & EAD approval was received on the same day, we thought our 485 will be approved together like others here as well.

My question who faced similar situation would be -
  1. how long did it take for your spouse to get an approval after yours?
  2. Is there any reason as to why they would do this, beside the available quota or RFE?

By the way My Category is EB3 and worldwide.

Thanks In Advance

I've been introduced to this community about 2 months ago, right after we filed our 485 and reading a lot of information, that up till now I would forgot to register as I was busy reading other's experience and inputs.

Finally yesterday got an email saying that "Card Production was Ordered". Since me and my spouse petition was filed together and fingerprint, AP & EAD approval was received on the same day, we thought our 485 will be approved together like others here as well.

2. Is there any reason as to why they would do this, beside the available quota or RFE?

Thanks In Advance

Congrats! What is your country of birth ?

Hi Lianghn_1999:

Congratulations! You provided some useful information about requesting a record from FBI before, I preciated it very much (I remembered you wrote a lot letters to a lot people). Do you know the address for the FBI who charges for back ground checking? I am tired of waiting now and think to start to write something to somebody. It is very frustrating...

Hi, see attached. Good luck!

8. If I am stuck in name check what do I do???
a. Request a FOIPA report from FBI. Go to FBI website
(http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.pdf). Read instructions and Click Privacy act request form. ( http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf ). Fill this form, sign it and mail it (DO NOT FAX IT, FBI needs a signed original copy). Also include other information like previous addresses etc in a separate sheet.
Mail it to:
David M. Hardy

Section Chief

Records/Information Dissemination Section

Records Management Division, FBI

Washington, D.C. 20535

It really depends.

First off, congratulations. And no, we have no idea what the f**k is going on. I'm tracking cases like yours (and mine) here.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=258267
Check it out and see how this happens randomly. Feel free to post your case in that thread if you don't hear from them in a few weeks. I'll add your case in the spreadsheet.

Thanks In Advance

Congratulations!

Good to know EB2 people are getting approved anyway. Enjoy your freedom!

2003/7/30/EB2 RIR (PD)
2005/10 LC certified
2005/11 I-140 filed
2005/12 I-140 certified
2006/5/5 I-485 received
2007/2 write to Laura Bush
2007/4 received BI letter: both cases NC have been cleared on April, 2007
2007/5/5 RFE TB skin test (Reply received on May 30th, 2007)
2007/7/30 called USCIS started a referral
2007/8/2-8/10 called USCIS several times (POJ), was told no visa have been assigned to our cases, have to wait until October.
2007/8/15 welcome letter mailed.

received a lot of useful information here and thanks a lot for everyone!
Hope everybody will get their green cards soon! Green peace!

Okay, repost this... re: Sep Bulletin is out

Now they are saying some visa numbers are available. I first was like "WTF?" But according to immigration-law, that is because:

Explanation: Due to the return of unused July numbers by consular posts abroad, and the limited amount of pending demand eligible for final processing at consular posts, it has reestablished cut-off dates in EB categories.

So anyway, some numbers are available for this September. Bad news for EB3, though. China/India EB2 are retrogressed a few years.

Thanks, We're from Sri Lanka
OK. Thanks for the info. I think i saw a few posts in this forum and murthy forum where folks from Sri Lanka posted fast approvals ( typically less than 4 months ). I guess you guys have very unique names.

Called TSC on Name check

Hi -

Yesterday I called TSC to check the status on name check. The automated system routed me to a national service representative. The representative agreed to put in a requisition to FBI on the status of name check.

The rep said that since my 485 file date (10/18/2006) was higher than August 7th 2006, the current processing date, my case was yet to be taken up.

Now, a few questions
1)have any of you gone through this process?
2)Does FBI get back to USCIS with an answer?
3)If yes what is the typical outcome and how long does it take?

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Krish

You got a very understanding NSC representative I guess. It is very hard to get information out of them leave alone getting them to do anything.

I have not heard of a single case where a NSC representative agreed to even talk about security checks. Hope this one is real for you and something good comes out of this. Hopefully, this will move your security checks and you will hear from either agency (FBI/USCIS) soon.

Good Luck.

Hi -

Yesterday I called TSC to check the status on name check. The automated system routed me to a national service representative. The representative agreed to put in a requisition to FBI on the status of name check.

The rep said that since my 485 file date (10/18/2006) was higher than August 7th 2006, the current processing date, my case was yet to be taken up.

Now, a few questions
1)have any of you gone through this process?
2)Does FBI get back to USCIS with an answer?
3)If yes what is the typical outcome and how long does it take?

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Krish

I still see the August bulletin as the current one. Can you please share where you saw the September bulletin.
Thanks.
Now they are saying some visa numbers are available. I first was like "WTF?" But according to immigration-law, that is because:

So anyway, some numbers are available for this September. Bad news for EB3, though. China/India EB2 are retrogressed a few years.

Well i guess they opened a ticket and gave me a confirmation number. So that part seems real. My only doubt is will FBI expediate the processing at all based on USCIS request.

...but I hope for the best and wish something progresses. With many things on the line, i really wish this progressed at a much faster pace.

Congratulations on your speedy approval (for 485 anyway)! It is actually pretty common for a derivative to get approval on a later date. If the reason for the delay was due to FBI name check, it is anybody's guess as to when it will be cleared. If it was just processing delay, I've seen anywhere from a week to a couple months. You may want to make an infopass appointment to see where your spouse stands in terms of security checks.

Congratualtions to Lianghn!
2003/7/30/EB2 RIR (PD)
2007/8/15 welcome letter mailed.

With the technology there is today, sending people to the space and making nanometer instruments and all that, you would think that DOS and USCIS would have better synchronization for the visa number usage. But no, there is always something about the counting for whatever reason, remember the last election?

Krish, I always thought that even at the CS level they have the capability to contact FBI, but they are clearly instructed not to do so. I hope the rep wasn't talking about a standard service center inquiry, because last time I called, a lady said the system wouldn't even let her initiate a request since my case was still within the processing window. So hopefully you will get something out of it. Good luck!
Hi -

You need to clear out cookies and cache to see the new bulletin.
I still see the August bulletin as the current one. Can you please share where you saw the September bulletin.
Thanks.

OK. Thanks for the info. I think i saw a few posts in this forum and murthy forum where folks from Sri Lanka posted fast approvals ( typically less than 4 months ). I guess you guys have very unique names.

That is probably why my spouse is stuck in FBI Name Check (cause of his unique name).
I called the TSC today and the rep first told me that there is no way that our primary application was approved in less than 3 months, but when I gave her the receipt number, she was like "Ok, that was quick" and check my the derivative's file and said that my spouse is stuck in Name Check.

I hope that the wait isn't going to be as long as I've seen for few active members out here.

There is no premium processing with the FBI Name Check right?;)

Finger Crossed....

Got an LUD on my 485 today. I have spoken to a customer rep in TSC last week and she told me that name check was cleared but have to wait until october for visa availability.

Excuse my stupid question but was't each I485 already assigned a visa number when he/she first filed?