TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I sent all the letters to the senators ,fbi, congressman , First lady. I haven't heard anything yet.It's been 4 months. I been writing the letters like crazy. I don't know what's going on with my case.

I have also done the same but still No response...
hang On there - U got lot of company!!!!

I have also done the same but still No response...
hang On there - U got lot of company!!!!

Yesterday i got FOIPA request response from FBI ( turn around time 1 month ) with 'No Records' response. I know that doesn't mean much , still i plan to send FL a letter with copy of that ( somebody said it worked for them - but i am quite skeptical , but not much effort to follow these processes. Under current situation, if somebody says that they walked half mile backwards and that got their name check cleared, i will do the same ).

I have a feeling that if they get 'too many' hits they push the file to some stack. I believe such cases take 2 - 4 years to clear. I am also wondering whether there is a queue per country. You might have noticed that many folks from less populated countries get faster namecheck clearance.

I don't think if there is a seperate queue per country. To be honest, I would not expect these departments to be this organized anyway. They don't have enough bandwidth even to touch the applications.

Also, many people come up with the country theory such as Indian applicants always stuck in name check. All wrong. I have a group of 5 people, 3 are indians and two are Pakistanies. Except one Indian and one Pakistani, all got their 485 in 3-4 months. It is just the matter of luck, nothing else...

Yesterday i got FOIPA request response from FBI ( turn around time 1 month ) with 'No Records' response. I know that doesn't mean much , still i plan to send FL a letter with copy of that ( somebody said it worked for them - but i am quite skeptical , but not much effort to follow these processes. Under current situation, if somebody says that they walked half mile backwards and that got their name check cleared, i will do the same ).

I have a feeling that if they get 'too many' hits they push the file to some stack. I believe such cases take 2 - 4 years to clear. I am also wondering whether there is a queue per country. You might have noticed that many folks from less populated countries get faster namecheck clearance.

Document Sent to the applicant

I have exactly same case as yours but mine is EB2 with PD Feb/2004.

I got same LUDs "Notice returned as undeliverable" and next day "Document sent to applicant" but till then no LUDs and no update to status. just waiting and waiting ....

Details:
EB2 -
PD Feb/2004
I140 - Approved Dec/2005
I485 - RD Jul/2005
FP1 - Aug/2005
FP2 - 9th May/2007
I485 - LUD March/2007 - Transferred from VSC to TSC
I485 - LUD May 5th - Notice Returned as undeliverable
I485 - LUD May 7th - Document Sent to Applicant
EAD1 - Sep/2005
EAD2 - Sep/2006
EAD3 - Applied in Jun/2007
My Wife's I485 has LUD as of March/2007 about VSC to TSC transfer, no updates after that.
No updates about FP2 on my 485.

I raised Service Request on Jun8th - No updates yet.

Don't know what to do.... Any advise / help????

=================================================

Finally I received this message..

Thanks to every one in this forum (also Rajiv Khanna) who provided valuble information and suggestions.

Any one one who received "Document Sent to the Applicant" LUD, please hope you receive similar news after few weeks.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this
I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you
receive the notice, call customer service.

Details:
-------------------
EB3/PD JAN03
I-140/RD JUN'04
I-140/AD AUG'04
I-485/RD OCT'04
AP1/EAD1: NOV'04
AP2/EAD2: NOV'05
FP1/RD: MAR'05
I-485 LUD/May'06 : FP review completed
I-485 LUD/JAN'07 : Case moved from VSC to TSC
FP2 RD: MAY 10th 2007 (no update about these FP2 documents on the case status)
I-485 LUD/MAY 11th 2007: Document sent to Applicant..
My wife's I-485 LUD/MAY 9th 2007: Notice returned as undeliverable.
I-485's AD: June 27th 2007 (Card Production Ordered)
June 28th 2007 (Approval Notice sent )
My Wife's 485 AD : Still waiting...

I have exactly same case as yours but mine is EB2 with PD Feb/2004.

I got same LUDs "Notice returned as undeliverable" and next day "Document sent to applicant" but till then no LUDs and no update to status. just waiting and waiting ....

Details:
EB2 -
PD Feb/2004
I140 - Approved Dec/2005
I485 - RD Jul/2005
FP1 - Aug/2005
FP2 - 9th May/2007
I485 - LUD March/2007 - Transferred from VSC to TSC
I485 - LUD May 5th - Notice Returned as undeliverable
I485 - LUD May 7th - Document Sent to Applicant
EAD1 - Sep/2005
EAD2 - Sep/2006
EAD3 - Applied in Jun/2007
My Wife's I485 has LUD as of March/2007 about VSC to TSC transfer, no updates after that.
No updates about FP2 on my 485.

I raised Service Request on Jun8th - No updates yet.

Don't know what to do.... Any advise / help????

=================================================

I think that is bug in USCIS software. It happened to me also sometime back. Exactly same. Then I got the AP properly. Also, my enquiry later got a response saying that my case is still within their processing window though the published date is beyond my RD. I feel like scolding the USCIS with the dirtiest words in the world. Did you all here the news that the USCIS is going to make the EB immigrant visas unavailable again starting from July 2nd or 3rd. It is a rumor so far, but is going to happen. I think they have to dissolve the USCIS and hire new contractors.

Friends,
Yesterday, I predicted that EB visas will retrogress in August and September. Well, I was wrong. They will start retrogressing in July. According to AILA today, there will be an update from DOS next week in this regard. In fact AILF are already calling for participation in litigation against DOS for this Fiasco!

How to check whether you are stuck in Name check?

Hi
My Application is in the texas center I have had 2 update dates in May 2007 after FP. How do I check whether my name check has cleared.

Thanks in advance.

Friends,
Yesterday, I predicted that EB visas will retrogress in August and September. Well, I was wrong. They will start retrogressing in July. According to AILA today, there will be an update from DOS next week in this regard. In fact AILF are already calling for participation in litigation against DOS for this Fiasco!

Well, not surprising at all...

... who didn't see this coming. They hadn't consumed enough visa numbers by that point simply because DOS went too conservative and stingy whereas CIS was always behind the processing schedule. "All current" was a totally unnecessary move if they had done their math. It's disastrous.

A good friend of mine and the spouse are July '07 filers... if ever accepted on 7/2. They spent a lot on medicals and others already, and worked really hard to put together their applications since the July bulletin was out. I'm praying for them, but I'm very concerned.

Friends,

Seeing the trend.. i would agree as well. There is no rhyme or reason when your spouse gets cleared and you are pending for ever..

My favorite response from USCIS: when you take an infopass, they give you a print out, in which they claim to check the status of the pending cases every week!! Buy that ;-)

by the way.. this link gave me an opportunity to understand the current state at USCIS:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/TransformationConOps_Mar07.pdf
section 4.2.4 Biometrics, fees, and background checks page 23.
On page 24: its says the FBI checks require Adjudications officers to retrieve the data from a separate database if it is a negative hit. which would mean, until they do so, name check will remain pending....beat that! manual action at best... at least we know where our EAD and AP renewal money is being spent... not to mention the increase in rates.

I don't think if there is a seperate queue per country. To be honest, I would not expect these departments to be this organized anyway. They don't have enough bandwidth even to touch the applications.

Also, many people come up with the country theory such as Indian applicants always stuck in name check. All wrong. I have a group of 5 people, 3 are indians and two are Pakistanies. Except one Indian and one Pakistani, all got their 485 in 3-4 months. It is just the matter of luck, nothing else...

Hi
My Application is in the texas center I have had 2 update dates in May 2007 after FP. How do I check whether my name check has cleared.

Thanks in advance.

The easiest one is to schedule an Infopass appointment. You may send a letter to your congressmen and if your application is outside the processing times, you may call USCIS and initiate a service request. I prefer the congressmen as they will usually frequently follow up on your case and let you know when your name is cleared. Best.

Nope ..there are few lucky ones.. But I have seen that 90% people stuck in Name check are from India/China/Philippines or Indonesia!!!!!

why on the earth that (of cases I have known) that people form Pakistan and B'desh get FBI check cleared within 2-3 months...for more thatn 90% people from those countries.

There is definitely a trend based on country of origin...

Rajkiran, sorry to hear about that.

I wrote letters to Congressmen and the White House in the first week of May. Both Congressmen responded nicely within 2 weeks of my writing the letter. Within 5 weeks of my mail, I also got acknowledgements from the White House that they have forwarded my letter to the Dept of Justice and DHS. Then, the following week, I received a letter from the FBI that my namecheck is "in process" and my wife's namecheck is complete.

Hope you get some responses soon. Good luck!

Btw, does anyone know what namecheck "in process" means? How much longer should it take to clear?

Also, in the FBI's letter, they have a Reference number at the top: WH-XXXX. I am guessing they keep a file tracking of all references from the WH.

I sent all the letters to the senators ,fbi, congressman , First lady. I haven't heard anything yet.It's been 4 months. I been writing the letters like crazy. I don't know what's going on with my case.

Nope ..there are few lucky ones.. But I have seen that 90% people stuck in Name check are from India/China/Philippines or Indonesia!!!!!

why on the earth that (of cases I have known) that people form Pakistan and B'desh get FBI check cleared within 2-3 months...for more thatn 90% people from those countries.

If that is the case, is it based on country of citizenship or country of birth?

If that is the case, is it based on country of citizenship or country of birth?

Should be country of Birth...else tons of People from India could have got Nepal or Bhutan Citizenship and then applied the GC and get within 12 months.
Everything is based on country of birth

Include middle eastern countries!

No doubt there is a trend based on the brith country. Even for visa, namecheck for middle eastern countries is much harder.

LUD again on 6/30/07!

after seeing LUD on 6/28, Just a moment ago, I log on USCIS website found another LUD as of today without message change.

What do you interpret this?

Call me crazy but ..

I have a theory on this. Obviously FBI do a concious effort to clear the europian citizens with in 6 month. No controversy on that. For people of hardline countries, FBI just want to make sure their background is really clear, as FBI think that there is a high probability of unwanted person from these countries. So FBI give priority to these name check.
For India , china and other countries peacefull countries, FBI assume that there is lower risk for their citizen and so give least priority to conduct name check.

HOW IS THIS THEORY. This is just my thought .. Even I feel it is funny to think like this.. but hey.. it does not hurt to throw 2 cent.

By the way, If DOS make all categories Unavailable . how cool will that be, hann,, don't we just love that.. ;)

I am so frustrated that I don't feel the pain anymore.. :D

My pervious boss used to say "WHen rape is inevitable, lay down and enjoy it". So I decided to enjoy it.

Will take break from this site for few months now.

good luck guys.

Early Finger Printing???

I recieved my 2nd FP notice today, they are scheduled for 13 July.
Any early finger printing experiences/suggestions in Atlanta ??