TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I am stuck in namecheck, and I wrote to a couple of my Congressmen (about 10 days ago) to help me out. Both of them contacted me today - one through email, and the other through regular mail.

One of them told me that they have placed a "congressional inquiry" with USCIS, and will let me know once they hear back.

The other Congressman told me that they have requested FBI to "expeditiously process" my case. (He also attached a copy of the letter that he faxed to FBI).

Here's my question: How long does it take from the time a Congressman initiates an inquiry to the time the case is resolved by FBI/USCIS?

Does anyone have any anecdotal experience to share?

My details:
I-140: ND: July 2006; AD: Aug 2006
I-485: ND: Oct 2006

this bill is still a draft. hopefully, it will be amended substantially otherwise it is a bad one.

If anyone thinks 12 million people will come forward and pay $5,000 each, subject themselves to personal scrutiny and background checks, and then have the head of each household leave the country with no guarantee that the return back will be smooth, they're seriously deluded. House Republicans are already screaming "amnesty" and the Democrats are against anything that the illegals will find inconvenient - they'll never come to a compromise with the Senate bill. This bill is DOA. Life and backlogs go on.

I485 Approval

Anyone? Thank you.

Guys,
First keep up the good work. Could someone tell me when my I-485 will get approved. Here is my info:

Applied at VSC and Transferred to TSC on March 15th 2007
Category: EB-3 India
LC PD: May 2003

As per the June Visa Bulletin it looks like they are processing 01-JUN-2003. Can i expect an approval anytime soon now? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hard to say when it will be approved. Lots of variables...
1. Luck
2. FBI Name Check
3. USCIS Administrative Check
etc...

Some got approval just in couple of weeks, some are waiting for years....

Guys,
First keep up the good work. Could someone tell me when my I-485 will get approved. Here is my info:

Applied at VSC and Transferred to TSC on March 15th 2007
Category: EB-3 India
LC Approval: May 2003

As per the June Visa Bulletin it looks like they are processing 01-JUN-2003. Can i expect an approval anytime soon now? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hard to say when it will be approved. Lots of variables...
1. Luck
2. FBI Name Check
3. USCIS Administrative Check
etc...

Some got approval just in couple of weeks, some are waiting for years....
If U R from bangladesh - U should receive within 11 months of the PD,
there are not many applicants from B'Desh, this has been the trend for B'Desh (11 months)

Has anyone applied I-131 and I-765 lately? It took <30 days for both last time. This time, ND 4/17/2007, it has been >30 days and not responses.

Thank you very much?

Has anyone applied I-131 and I-765 lately? It took <30 days for both last time. This time, ND 4/17/2007, it has been >30 days and not responses.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

I applied both on April 12, 2007 . Wife's AP cleared in 2 weeks. My AP cleared in 1 month. But EADs are just sitting there. Last year AP & EAD got approved within 14 days.

Ead

My ND on EAD petition is April 18th. No action yet. I wonder if u r stuck in namecheck fo 485, it delays your related applications.

Yes, it seems she is one of a kind. I wish there were more ppl like her working in Immi Office.

After 7 long years finally I got the approval but I am still not done. I had filed Consular Processing for my wife. Still long way to go.

I hope ur approval is on the way. Good Luck to you and all others who have been waiting for long time.

See? She wasn't kidding :) You did run into a nice CIS officer the other day. There is nothing to worry about now, the worst is that they will ask you to do another FP. Other than that, just wait for the piece of plastic to appear in your mail box. Congratulations!

does anyone see an LUD change after you called

the national center and initiated a service request when you are out of the processing time?

Different people see things differently...

This senate bill is really a textbook example.

I don't see it going anywhere either. Yeah, life goes on, with nothing done to solve the problems of those documented.

My immediate concern is rather when the next processing time will be updated... another one month wait (taking that date of 4/18 literally). TSC looks still slow, not just with 485 but everything else also.

If anyone thinks 12 million people will come forward and pay $5,000 each, subject themselves to personal scrutiny and background checks, and then have the head of each household leave the country with no guarantee that the return back will be smooth, they're seriously deluded. House Republicans are already screaming "amnesty" and the Democrats are against anything that the illegals will find inconvenient - they'll never come to a compromise with the Senate bill. This bill is DOA. Life and backlogs go on.

Just called USCIS

Hi, I just called the 1-800 number shown on my I-485 receipt since my case has been pending for almost one year. The agent just told me three sentences after I gave her my receipt numbers. She looked at her computer screen (I supposed she brought out my file in front of a computer monitor) and said: 1. I am NOT allowed to reveal anything upon your case. 2. You need a referral to find out your case status. 3. Thank you.

Uh....Actually, this was what I had expected. But, just, what "REFERRAL" she was referring to? Could anyone let me know your experience? Thanks.