TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

With supposedly 12 people in the department they will take a long time to reach the name.

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

From the above URL ,

Many times, the delay associated with the processing of the remaining name checks is not the actual time it takes to process a name check, but the time it takes for an analyst to get to the name check request in order to process it. This is due to the constant volume of name checks, several million each year, combined with the FBI's current work on processing residual name checks from a batch of 2.7 million requests submitted by USCIS in December 2002, as compared to the NNCP's limited resources. Less than one percent of the requests are identified with a file containing possible derogatory information.

So, it may not be the actual investigation, but the time it takes for analyst to reach the hit information.

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

From the above URL ,

Many times, the delay associated with the processing of the remaining name checks is not the actual time it takes to process a name check, but the time it takes for an analyst to get to the name check request in order to process it. This is due to the constant volume of name checks, several million each year, combined with the FBI's current work on processing residual name checks from a batch of 2.7 million requests submitted by USCIS in December 2002, as compared to the NNCP's limited resources. Less than one percent of the requests are identified with a file containing possible derogatory information.

So, it may not be the actual investigation, but the time it takes for analyst to reach the hit information.

This clearly shows that they don't do the namecheck in the order the requests have been received by the FBI, otherwise, there is no reason for some people to get cleared after six month while some others have been waiting for years!

Of course, my wife was a primary applicant.

That's why she got approved while I didn't. If the primary applicant get stuck with NC, secondary applicants also don't get approved eventhough their NCs are already cleared.

I am the primary and my wife is secondary. I think, her name check is cleared . Still we haven't recieved her approval. Her LUD is back in december 2006.

Could you please tell me who is the primary.

Is there any way secondary applicant can be approved before primary applicant??? Please let me know.

Pending security check June 06 RD

Please add me to this unfortunate list .

Today used POJ trick again and after a wait time of
30 minutes finally spoke to lady who told me that
my application is still pending security checks. When
I asked her what that meant she told me security
checks have not been done yet ,then I asked when
they were initiated told me she can't tell.Then I asked
about my wife ,she wouldn't get approved before I (the
information I already knew) .Can I know if her security
reviews are done and okay. She said she can tell me that
and was eager to hang up. We spoke for not more than
30 secs. But now I actually to write letters if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to take Infopass and check on this.
I did go there for some other other reason and when asked about name check they said my wife is cleared but I am still not cleared.

I-485 Approval notice sent!

Finally, today I received an approval notice through the USCIS email (see below). However, my wife case is still pending. Note that,I am the primary applicant. Can I know how long usually it takes to receive approval for the secondary applicant?

"On May 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

Thanks!

Finally, today I received an approval notice through the USCIS email (see below). However, my wife case is still pending. Note that,I am the primary applicant. Can I know how long usually it takes to receive approval for the secondary applicant?

"On May 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

Thanks!

congrats,

did u have any delay because of namecheck or it went smooth?

thanks texanz...I am not sure if Infopass will help.

what is the reason I can give to schedule an Infopass.

And do I need to schedule for both me and spouse or can I
go alone and ask them questions pertaining to my spouse's name
check.

itraaz

thanks texanz...I am not sure if Infopass will help.

what is the reason I can give to schedule an Infopass.

And do I need to schedule for both me and spouse or can I
go alone and ask them questions pertaining to my spouse's name
check.

itraaz
I went there to check whether the address change has taken in effect since I did in online. When you take inforpass appointmnet at the office you need to fill in the form where you can ":checkon case status". This is valid reason for getting Infopass.
You dont need to go with allyour family members. Just carry their documents receipt etc. That will help.

congrats,

did u have any delay because of namecheck or it went smooth?

My case was actually pre-adjudicated (I guess in December) according to the officer I talked to in the Service Center and was pending due to name check. I assume my I-485 was approved once my NC was cleared, which is today! However, my spouse's NC I guess is still not yet being cleared and that's why her case is still pending.

I didn't receive any LUD until the approval notice today. The last LUD was around December and I guess due to the pre-adjudicated of my case.

Did your wife get LUD around the time of namecheck clearance ?

You need to take Infopass and check on this.
I did go there for some other other reason and when asked about name check they said my wife is cleared but I am still not cleared.

Congrats. Can you share your I-485 LUD details ?

Thanks!

No she did not have any LUD aftre the name checks or any other LUD.
Infact we dont have any LUDs on I485 since only RD LUDs

Now, my case pending for 6 months. I had my boss send mails to two senators to expedite FBI NC and USCIS I-485.

I will see how this works.

Infopass

Guys
I went for Infopass in Baltimore office. Not any new information but she said the processing dates published on the website are incorrect. Most of the 485 cases files in Jun'06 and after are pending security check due to the backlog created for security check...

she said my case is under process and asked me to check back in 45 days

Infopass

NAYAK/Texanz

which one of these following options had you chosen on the
infopass website to schedule an apointment. Please let me
know as I will also schedule one.

Nayak thanks for the information that you shared with us
about your infopass. Looks like then we are not alone in name
check mess.

You have a question about your case.

You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

thanks
itraaz

NAYAK/Texanz

which one of these following options had you chosen on the
infopass website to schedule an apointment. Please let me
know as I will also schedule one.

Nayak thanks for the information that you shared with us
about your infopass. Looks like then we are not alone in name
check mess.

You have a question about your case.

You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

thanks
itraaz

itraaz
Whenever I've scheduled an Infopass appointment, I've always selected the "You wish to speak to an immigration officer." option. In either case I don't think it really matters since you end up speaking with an officer anyway. At least thats been my experience. Either or would work fine if you're looking to obtain name check information. Hope this helps.
Regards,
k

One more LUD

I'm as excited as a teenager before the first kiss. I've got an LUD today again. It is four in a row (5/1,5/2,5/3,5/4). But for a change today my wife got a LUD (she did not have any since 8/18/06 - RD).
If the USCIS server is down it is because of me... checking my status in every 30 seconds :)
At least for the weekend I want to think it is not a false alarm :)

I'm as excited as a teenager before the first kiss. I've got an LUD today again. It is four in a row (5/1,5/2,5/3,5/4). But for a change today my wife got a LUD (she did not have any since 8/18/06 - RD).
If the USCIS server is down it is because of me... checking my status in every 30 seconds :)
At least for the weekend I want to think it is not a false alarm :)

They are manufacturing your document, I beleive!!