TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Dear Friends,

Being one of those who joined the elite club of pending NC, I noticed based an some limited number of cases in several forums that there are some NC being initiated between Feb 06 to Apr 06 that are starting to be cleared. My bias on this limited sample is that these represent the so-called secondary manual Name check (second wave) that they claim to be done within the first 60 days. It is now being done almost a year later due to the huge backlog that they have. The names cleared now represent the almost 19% of the names. There will be of course 1-2% of names that will not clear and these are the ones that might take years to finish. That might give some of us in this club some hope. On the other hand, filing WOM is really being challenged on a daily basis and all cases are facing the possibility of dismissal if not fought wisely. I expect the next 6-12 months to reveal some good news for all of us. Keep the hope.

maybe u r right but i doubt. there were some people here on the forum who got their namecheck cleared after 4 to 6 months lately and not after almost 1 yr. so the clearing system is arbitrary and there is no rule.

Case approved, finally..

Folks,

I am glad to report that my case has been approved (including dependants). I just received a call from my lawyer that USCIS called them to inform that my case has been approved including wife and kid. I just had my kid's biometrics done yestarday -- so that was a good sign. I had written letters to senators. My online case status shows a LUD today (after more than 7 months of no LUD) but it says case pending. I guess the system will be updated later to reflect the approvals. Yes, I am surprised that USCIS had a call to inform about it (they did mention about my letter in the call to my lawyer). I was stuck in name check as per Info Pass a few months ago.

EB2 based I-485 (non-retro)
RD= 05/08/2006
LUD = 05/10/06, 05/30/06 (after FP), 07/25/06, 07/26/06, 03/16/06

Folks,

I am glad to report that my case has been approved (including dependants). I just received a call from my lawyer that USCIS called them to inform that my case has been approved including wife and kid. I just had my kid's biometrics done yestarday -- so that was a good sign. I had written letters to senators. My online case status shows a LUD today (after more than 7 months of no LUD) but it says case pending. I guess the system will be updated later to reflect the approvals. Yes, I am surprised that USCIS had a call to inform about it (they did mention about my letter in the call to my lawyer). I was stuck in name check as per Info Pass a few months ago.

EB2 based I-485 (non-retro)
RD= 05/08/2006
LUD = 05/10/06, 05/30/06 (after FP), 07/25/06, 07/26/06, 03/16/06

congrats,

when did u send the letter?is it the same letter that u sent o ur senator? what does that letter says? when ur namecheck was cleared?

I sent two letters about a month ago. My name check was not cleared by then. I don't know when it got cleared. In the letter I described all the efforts I have made to date (like InfoPass, calling USCIS, etc.) I explained my personal situation. At the end I gave a hint of pursuing WOM. Not sure what worked.

congrats,

when did u send the letter?is it the same letter that u sent o ur senator? what does that letter says? when ur namecheck was cleared?

Last edited by a moderator:
Card mailing

Could you tell me how long it itakes to have your cards mailed? I got approved March 13th but the message hasn't change since then

Thanks,

I sent two letters about a month ago. My name check was not cleared by then. I don't know when it got cleared. In the letter I described all the efforts I have made to date (like InfoPass, calling USCIS, etc.) At the end I gave a hint of pursuing WOM. Not sure what worked.

to who exactly u sent that letter? do u have a copy of that letter? so u think ur senator or congressman helped you or what? ddi u deal with someone else?

.....I'm not quite certain about who keeps the TSC Tracker updated...... case..got transferred to TSC from the VSC yesterday (03/15/2007), so I thought I'd chime in and perhaps get myself added to this tracker.

I have been updating the tracker recently and have added your details in the tracker spreadsheet only thread.

The tracker now includes a Transfered to TSC date so that transfers to TSC from VSC can add their original VSC RD and the TSC transfer date.

Please feel free to update the tracker yourself if your case details change :)

... looks like the only help we can get is from Republicans, not from Democrats of all sorts. Those only care for illegals.

When my case got to be two months out of processing time, I placed an inquiry over the phone with customer service. The written reply from USCIS came in a month after that and simply asked for six more months and to not bother them again until then.

I explained all this in a letter to the Republican and the Democratic senator of my state and asked for their help simultaneously. Not a week had gone by and I had already learned via email communication with the Democrat's staff that I had cleared name check and that the case should be reviewed by a CIS supervisor soon. A few days later got a notice for my daughter's biometrics, one business day after that the case got approved for me, my daughter and my wife. All through this I never heard from the Republican's staff. Obviously this is just anecdotal and cannot be generalized. In fact, if you try it, you might just get the opposite result.

However, I'm ashamed to have requested help from the Republican. He was part of a do-nothing congresss that routinely let the illegal and immoral actions of the White House go by unchecked: Fabricating (i.e. lying to congress and the people) a case for armed conflict for the benefit of corporate contractors, the stripping of habeas corpus, illegal wiretapping, torture in clandestine prisons across the world, outing CIA operatives and putting their contacts and networks in harm's way solely for political reasons, selective dismissal of federal prosecutors for either prosecuting republican members of congress or failing to act against democrats, and the list goes on and on and will apparently get longer since now there is some oversight in congress.

I wrote to the Republican's staff to tell them that no further action was required on their behalf. I wrote to the Democrat's staff pledging my support for his party in 5 years' time, when I get my citizenship.

They "care" for illegals because they are the ones willing to try to come up with a reasonable plan to deal with that particular problem rather than the idiotic, racist, and red-neck pleasing idea of building fences and walls.

They "care" for illegals because they are the ones willing to try to come up with a reasonable plan to deal with that particular problem rather than the idiotic, racist, and red-neck pleasing idea of building fences and walls.

Politicians care for illegals because 99% of them are Latinos and Latino community is huge factor to be considered during president elections. Legal immigrants are lobbied by big business it needs them, i.e. us. Latter category is not a factor during elections. Who cares about our impact on economy except for Lou Dobbs? :)

Stuck in bc Got USCIS reponse

My I 485 RD is June,06. I had asked my lawyer to initiate an enquiry last
month and got response today letter dated 13th March about a month
from the time inquiry was made.

The letter reads:

BEGIN

The processing of your case has been delayed.A check of our records
establishes that your case is not yet ready for the decision,as the
required investigations into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward
on your case.These background checks are required to be completed on
all applications who apply for the immigration benefit that you are seeking.
We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the
background checks are complete.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter,please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

END

Now following questions for the experts and other who went through same
ordeal.

1) What is the next course of action? Does anyone recommend going for infopass to get to know further details about the type of background check
that I am stuck in.

2) Is writing to Sentors/Congressmen helpful. Can someone who met with
success post the template please.

3) Is writing to FBI useful at this point. Or even writing to Mrs Bush as folks had done that.

4) I did not get any information about my spouses application .looks like
lawyer may not have initiated inquiry for her. Now if I write letters to
congressmen/senators etc.. can we mention both mine and my spouses
case or we have to write individual letters. What have folks here done?

Thanks in advance.

EAD Vs H1 for H4 spouse for Job?

Hi could you advise

I just filled I-485, EAD, AP for me (H1) and spouse (H4). Once we receive EAD, I am going to continue working on H1.

1. Is it advisable for my spouse (currently on H4) to use EAD to work?
2. Is it advisable for my spouse (currently on H4) to only look for H1 and not EAD ?
3. If my spouse uses EAD, will it change my H1 status to AOS ?
4. In case it is advisable to go for H1 for my spouse, will there be any problem during AOS interview, as she was on H4 at time of applying our I-485?

Thanks

to caseonhold

1. Is it advisable for my spouse (currently on H4) to use EAD to work?

Yes. I don't see any issues.If your spouse had an H1 maybe that would
have been story but anyway he/she has H4. EAD gives him/her flexiblity tpo to work for any employer without any hassle.

2. Is it advisable for my spouse (currently on H4) to only look for H1 and not EAD ?

I don't see your spouse wouldn't use EAD but only advantage of H1 is that it is not linked to AOS.
In that sense your spouse is on his/her own with the sponsoring employer.

3. If my spouse uses EAD, will it change my H1 status to AOS ?

No it shouldn't.

4. In case it is advisable to go for H1 for my spouse, will there be any problem during AOS interview, as she was on H4 at time of applying our I-485?

I would think that it shouldn't be any issue as one can be on H1 and also have pending AOS at the same time . But I confess it is an advanced question.

Thanks

When my case got to be two months out of processing time, I placed an inquiry over the phone with customer service. The written reply from USCIS came in a month after that and simply asked for six more months and to not bother them again until then.

I explained all this in a letter to the Republican and the Democratic senator of my state and asked for their help simultaneously. Not a week had gone by and I had already learned via email communication with the Democrat's staff that I had cleared name check and that the case should be reviewed by a CIS supervisor soon. A few days later got a notice for my daughter's biometrics, one business day after that the case got approved for me, my daughter and my wife. All through this I never heard from the Republican's staff. Obviously this is just anecdotal and cannot be generalized. In fact, if you try it, you might just get the opposite result.

However, I'm ashamed to have requested help from the Republican. He was part of a do-nothing congresss that routinely let the illegal and immoral actions of the White House go by unchecked: Fabricating (i.e. lying to congress and the people) a case for armed conflict for the benefit of corporate contractors, the stripping of habeas corpus, illegal wiretapping, torture in clandestine prisons across the world, outing CIA operatives and putting their contacts and networks in harm's way solely for political reasons, selective dismissal of federal prosecutors for either prosecuting republican members of congress or failing to act against democrats, and the list goes on and on and will apparently get longer since now there is some oversight in congress.

I wrote to the Republican's staff to tell them that no further action was required on their behalf. I wrote to the Democrat's staff pledging my support for his party in 5 years' time, when I get my citizenship.

Beggars cannot be choosers, bro. U ask for help and sometimes the help is given. I would never insult the helper or reject a helping hand, whoever is there to help. Nor I would be ashamed to ask for help from anyone, regardless of their political views. Yet in ultra-liberal Democratic-no-matter-what Taxachussetts the both Senators are Democrats and neither does a squat to help. The only help I saw so far was from the Governor (then) Romney who is (surprise-surprise) a Republican. I guess, in less definite states where the Congressmen need every vote to stay in Congress some Democrats may be more responsive than Republicans - I can only envy you and other residents of those states. Their vote matters...
Finally, I pledge just one thing - I stop all my political and semi-political postings here since they just create an unnecessary diversion from the topic.
I am going to limit my posts to solid cold facts and data that can be of help for the community.

What are the 'advantages' of seeking help from congress person ?

Since a congress person cannot cause the FBI to expedite background check, why should one go through the process of contacting a congress person ?

Some said, one can add it as proof that one did all administrative means of
resolving the problem. But because of USCIS's latest policy that they will fight
WOM, how is that going to be useful ?

HELP !! Current dates please and where is that tracking sheet

Hi all,

My PD is Oct 2002, and EB3 category.
I would like to know what is the current priority dates for this category.
I have already filed 140/485 concurrently.

Also I am looking for the tracking sheet and cannot find it.

Thanks
Rxr

Case approved after writing letters (was stuck in name check)

Folks,

You have been a tremendous support. Finally after a long wait my case got approved. I would like to share my experience with you:

On Friday (03/16/07), my lawyer's office received a call from USCIS that my case has been approved. My lawyer was very surprised as USCIS usually sends a letter instead of calling. In the call, they mentioned about my letter. I had written two letters, one to my Senator and one to USCIS. I was stuck in name check. I explained them how I have made several efforts (like calling USCIS, InfoPass, etc.) and how I have a clean record (which most of us do) and why delaying my case will only hurt FBI (as they will not be focused on bad guys). My senator also followed up with USCIS (they were really good).

So for those skeptics who say don't make an effort, be positive and try all legal means available to you. I was also a non-believer on contacting USCIS or senators/congressmen.

By the way, my online case status did not show approval on Friday (just a LUD). Only today I got approval email.

On a lighter note, I was leaning towards democrats but now I am republican as my Republican senator's office was on the top of this. They even called me to discuss the issue :)

EB2/Non-Retro
RD=05/10/2006
LUDS= 05/12, 05/30, 07/25, 07/26, 03/16, 03/19
AD= 03/16 (phone call), 03/19 (email)

Congrats msabir :)

Folks,

You have been a tremendous support. Finally after a long wait my case got approved. I would like to share my experience with you:

On Friday (03/16/07), my lawyer's office received a call from USCIS that my case has been approved. My lawyer was very surprised as USCIS usually sends a letter instead of calling. In the call, they mentioned about my letter. I had written two letters, one to my Senator and one to USCIS. I was stuck in name check. I explained them how I have made several efforts (like calling USCIS, InfoPass, etc.) and how I have a clean record (which most of us do) and why delaying my case will only hurt FBI (as they will not be focused on bad guys). My senator also followed up with USCIS (they were really good).

So for those skeptics who say don't make an effort, be positive and try all legal means available to you. I was also a non-believer on contacting USCIS or senators/congressmen.

By the way, my online case status did not show approval on Friday (just a LUD). Only today I got approval email.

On a lighter note, I was leaning towards democrats but now I am republican as my Republican senator's office was on the top of this. They even called me to discuss the issue :)

EB2/Non-Retro
RD=05/10/2006

congratulations msabir.
welcome to the Green club
Folks,

EB2/Non-Retro
RD=05/10/2006