TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

My RD is July 21st 2006.
I was informed last month that my case is in name check (what a surprise) by infopass appt.

Hi All,

Could you please respond to this thread to see how many people are filed their I-485 in July 2006 and What's their status is so that we can atleast come to know what's going on with our cases.

Frankly speaking, i have know idea what's going on with my case.

I called the customer service several times, different respresentatives gave me different messages. I don't know whom to believe. So that's why I took an Infopass apointment and went there yesterday. She didn't tell me anything except that my case is pending.

Please try to help ourselves......

I applied in June 2006, have PD of Aug 2001 and am stuck in background
check.

I have a colleague of mine who has applied his 485 in 2004 Oct or Nov and is still stuck in FBI namecheck.

So what to do

I applied in June 2006, have PD of Aug 2001 and am stuck in background
check.

I have a colleague of mine who has applied his 485 in 2004 Oct or Nov and is still stuck in FBI namecheck.

So what to do

it is a luck thing. try to contact politicians. there is no other way around.

To answer your questions:

The first (and last) time I knew I was stuck was around October 2006, when I received the letter from USCIS replying to my previous inquiry. I did nothing to expedite. I am from South America and not subject to special registration.

Your case must be close to completion.

Good luck

Congratulations MGPY06!!!!!

You and I filed our petitions at the same time (see my signature). So I would be very interested to know:

(1) What was the most recent time you knew that you were stuck in the background check?

(2) Did you do anything special to resolve the background check delay?

(3) If you don't mind my asking, which country are you from? Were you ever required to go through NSEERS (special registration)?

Many thanks and congratulations!

What if , we stuck for ever in the FBI name Check without doing/taking any action ???

You know what? I think it is unlikely but definitely possible! A friend of mine was stuck way back when most people never even heard of name check. After 2+ frustrating years he managed to call FBI - they still accept phone calls back then - and a nice guy was surprised as well so he went to look for his case. Long story short, they finally found his case which would have been sitting there forever had he not initiated the contact. My friend got his GC 2 weeks after that.

So it is a personal choice as to whether one wants to wait quietly or fight for it. And it probably doesn't matter in most cases anyway, but hey, anything can happen.

Yes. Although I must say, that the case was approved a few weeks after I had decided to stop worrying too much about it.

You seem to always ask the same questions, over and over, and you are getting good answers from people here. Are you taking any actions on your case?

Best of luck

so u r sayin that ur namecheck got cleared alone (without any help) after a wait of like 14 months?

Yes. Although I must say, that the case was approved a few weeks after I had decided to stop worrying too much about it.

You seem to always ask the same questions, over and over, and you are getting good answers from people here. Are you taking any actions on your case?

Best of luck

ya i wrote to many people in the gov to expedite my case. I'm trying hard to expedite this. I'm fed up from all this process. I have to do other stuff in life other than waiting forver with the same employer.

I am also stuck with this employer since 7 years. I really don't like this guy at all. I hate to come to work also every day. I am fed up and tired with this employer. They always want their share.They don't care about you.

I am looking for a change. I will change the employer soon. I was thinking that i will get my green card and quit this company like that. I don't know what's going on with my green card anymore. I don't know whether i can wait for this green card (or) not......................

Hi Rajkiran,

I was like you for a while, then I finally decided I will try my luck with AC-21. After the job search and a few interviews, I decided on my favorite offer. Then I asked the offering employer to provide me an AC-21 letter before I can resign. I drafted the letter myself and the new employer was glad to review it and sign it right away. I am so glad I took advantage of AC-21. My life is much better now, though the namecheck delay continues to be very frustrating.

Hi Rajkiran,

I was like you for a while, then I finally decided I will try my luck with AC-21. After the job search and a few interviews, I decided on my favorite offer. Then I asked the offering employer to provide me an AC-21 letter before I can resign. I drafted the letter myself and the new employer was glad to review it and sign it right away. I am so glad I took advantage of AC-21. My life is much better now, though the namecheck delay continues to be very frustrating.

What did you write in the AC-21 letter? Could you post a templet here? Thanks a lot!

What did you write in the AC-21 letter? Could you post a templet here? Thanks a lot!

Dear Immigration Officer,

This letter is to verify that (applicant) has an offer of employment as (job title) at (employer name) for $$$$ per year. This position is a salaried, full time, and permanent position, consistent with the company's standard at-will employment policy.

The (applicant) will be based at (office address) and his/her job duties include:
-- (same or similar to job duties in the Labor Certification application)

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact (letter signatory) at (phone #).

Best regards,
xxxx

Could you please respond to this thread to see how many people are filed their I-485 in July 2006 and What's their status is so that we can atleast come to know what's going on with our cases.

Frankly speaking, i have know idea what's going on with my case.

Did you officially send them an inquiry, by yourself or via your attorney? Because you are already outside they are supposed to give you an official clear answer about your status. If you tried that already and it didn't work, then your senators/congresspersons would be the way to go. If you are lucky enough to have a responsive guy from your state who does it for you promptly, then CIS typically won't ignore his/her inquiry.

It seems quiet these days, by the by. As far as the forums and trackers/boards other than this place go, we see some approvals but rather sporadically, it's not like the approval wave of early February. As some people here and also myself heard at infopass or hypothesized some time ago, there really may be some cycle about this. I just wonder when the next wave would be in that case (I remember some of you guys predicted April).

Did you officially send them an inquiry, by yourself or via your attorney? Because you are already outside they are supposed to give you an official clear answer about your status. If you tried that already and it didn't work, then your senators/congresspersons would be the way to go. If you are lucky enough to have a responsive guy from your state who does it for you promptly, then CIS typically won't ignore his/her inquiry.

It seems quiet these days, by the by. As far as the forums and trackers/boards other than this place go, we see some approvals but rather sporadically, it's not like the approval wave of early February. As some people here and also myself heard at infopass or hypothesized some time ago, there really may be some cycle about this. I just wonder when the next wave would be in that case (I remember some of you guys predicted April).

geofu54,

i remenber that u were stuck in namecheck. how did u clear ur namecheck? did u contact someone? who and how long it took since u sent ur letter that ur name got cleared?

can u give details about ur case?

Thank you, TSCEB2Current

Hi gciscoming,

Please note that this is the "Employment Verification Letter" (EVL). Along with this, my lawyer included the following in the AC-21 "package":

-- Cover letter citing the AC-21 law and how I am eligible
-- EVL
-- Copy of approved i-140
-- Copy of i-485 receipt notice

Service Request

I called service center today... My case is pending due to background check delay from FBI..

Wrote a letter to local senator and opened a service request at USCIS.

Now will wait as usual for another 60 days...

anything else I can do ?

I-485 approved for my wife and myself

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
I-140(regular)/1-485/I-765/I-131 RD October 16'06
I-757 AD Nov 3’06
I-131 LUD Nov 21’06 AD Nov 27’06
FP November 8'06
I-140 LUD Nov 7’06, RFE Nov 9’06, LUD Nov 13’06 LUD Dec 16’06 (RFE not received)
RFE resend Jan 30’07, Jan 31’07 LUD, Feb 1’07 LUD.
RFE received Feb 5’07
RFE rebutted Feb 7’07
Texas Service Center acknowledged the RFE on February 9’07
I-140 AD Feb 21’07
I-485 Approval notice sent 3/21/07
:D