TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I think somehow immigrationwatch.com knows when the cases are getting approvals, because I don't see any approvals lately, and immigrationwatch is not reporting approvals either.

They had some numbers show up everyday when there were approvals happening, but not anymore. I am not saying that their numbers are accurate, but there may be some validity in their claim that certain cases are getting approved.

Seems like TSC takes couple of days/weeks break in between approvals.

What do you say guys?

Exactly my point....
They know whats going on (may not be 100% correct) . Also notice that there will be no 485 approvals until last week March-1st week of April when they will start working on 485 cases again.

Exactly my point....
They know whats going on (may not be 100% correct) . Also notice that there will be no 485 approvals until last week March-1st week of April when they will start working on 485 cases again.

How can you say that , we wont see any 485 approvals not until April 07 ??

I've been trying to keep up with any new development in this torturing GC process primarily through this website and Oh Lawfirm, but wasn't able to do so lately. So today I checked out the last 20 pages or so in this thread and it seems that more and more people are falling right into the Name Check black hole. Based on my luck (trust me, my signature doesn't tell the whole story), I'll definitely be one too. :)

The other day I called TSC after my wife's 485 got approved (very lucky, I know) to inquire whether my case was separated from the pack, and a very nice lady with heavy Southern accent picked up. She was able to look up my file and tell me the date my FP was completed and pre-adjudication (sp?) started the same day, but wasn't willing to say, or didn't know, whether my name check was cleared. Since I have had no LUD other than the very first one on 485, I guess it is a sign that endless waiting for another backlog is right ahead. No big deal, just another battle to fight through.

Good luck everyone!

The other day I called TSC ...

How do you do that?

The 800 number we all have is to a National Customer Service center staffed by contractors who are not USCIS employees, know nothing about immigration laws and have no access to any useful information. In fact, they only read the same crap available from the online case status.

EAD and AP

I am currently on H1B. My H1B is going on expire in November and EAD will expire in October. I am planning to go abroad for 20 days. I don't have visa stamp on my passport after my H1B extension.

What is the procedure to use the AP? Should I switch to EAD from H1B before leaving?

Also what will be the case for my wife? She in on H4. She has got the AP approval but we are waiting for her EAD (more than 5 months now)?

Thanks in advance

Chan

How can you say that , we wont see any 485 approvals not until April 07 ??

because per my observation AND track of immigrationwatch.com ,Texas service Center (and all others for that matter) processes 485 for one month and then shifts the resources to other petitions (140,relative petition and H1b) .

Very few 485 approvals trickle in , when they are processing other applications in the 'Non-485 month'

If your observation is correct, then thats very surprising discovery of yours. And yes, you may be correct. Thanks for sharing your observation.
because per my observation AND track of immigrationwatch.com ,Texas service Center (and all others for that matter) processes 485 for one month and then shifts the resources to other petitions (140,relative petition and H1b) .

Very few 485 approvals trickle in , when they are processing other applications in the 'Non-485 month'

If you search POJ on this site you will see the information, which I don't have with me at this moment. Make sure you have the latest procedure (past few months OK) because the very old one is missing one step that will still direct you to the national center.

Do note that even if you reach TSC using this trick you may still be talking with someone who will not give you anything more than what is shown on the status page, as reported by many members here. With a lot of luck you may get a little bit more info out of those guys.

How do you do that?

The 800 number we all have is to a National Customer Service center staffed by contractors who are not USCIS employees, know nothing about immigration laws and have no access to any useful information. In fact, they only read the same crap available from the online case status.

Somehow i tend to believe you

I have an alternate theory. I think majority of applications are stuck in name check. Different service centers forward requests to FBI in batches on magnetic tape. When FBI clears a batch of names we see a lot of approvals fron that SC. This happened with TSC earlier in Feb. Recently FBI has approved one, maybe more NSC namechecks, so there's a rash of approvals from NSC. (See link to spreadsheet in my sig). Also, I firmly believe that citizenship and Family Based requests get higher priority than employment based.

Don't know when they will process next TSC batch. It's been well over a week since we saw any approval from TSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes back in early January "igor..." on NSC thread had posted information relating to FBI namechecks. I recall he/she mentioned biweekly spikes of approval based on name check received.

I have observed a similar trend except that NSC and TSC choose their approval at different times and hence the cribs on each thread that the other one is "working faster"

A large percentage seems to be waiting longer than 6 months and based on "Justwatching" data they may keep waiting for likely 6 months or more.

I have an alternate theory. I think majority of applications are stuck in name check. Different service centers forward requests to FBI in batches on magnetic tape. When FBI clears a batch of names we see a lot of approvals fron that SC. This happened with TSC earlier in Feb. Recently FBI has approved one, maybe more NSC namechecks, so there's a rash of approvals from NSC. (See link to spreadsheet in my sig). Also, I firmly believe that citizenship and Family Based requests get higher priority than employment based.

Don't know when they will process next TSC batch. It's been well over a week since we saw any approval from TSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
extension H1B

My h1b expires this month and my attorney is filing for extension for 1 year.

As per attorney..h1b extension of 3 years is not valid for me as my priority date is current ? Is this a true statement ? verify my signature.

Thanks

3 yr extension as long as 140 is approved.

Nayak,
That is not true. Your lawyer should be able to file for a 3 year extension since your 140 is approved. I got a three year extension since my H1 expired.

As per attorney..h1b extension of 3 years is not valid for me as my priority date is current ? Is this a true statement ? verify my signature.

Thanks

Nayak,
That is not true. Your lawyer should be able to file for a 3 year extension since your 140 is approved. I got a three year extension since my H1 expired.

No, this is not true as per my Attorney,

If your PD is current and your RD is current as per Service center processing time for 140 approved cases then even if you apply 3 years H1 extension, USCIS will issue for 1 year H1 it seems

but we have to see the result once Nayak will get H1 approval

As long as you are affected by per country limits you can get 3 year extension. I think if your attorney requests for 3 years and submit copy of I140 you may get 3 years otherwise one year. no harm in trying. Looks for AC21 Memo in uscis.gov website and get ac21guide and look for Section C. in that.

Thanks

I am currently on H1B. My H1B is going on expire in November and EAD will expire in October. I am planning to go abroad for 20 days. I don't have visa stamp on my passport after my H1B extension.

What is the procedure to use the AP? Should I switch to EAD from H1B before leaving?

Also what will be the case for my wife? She in on H4. She has got the AP approval but we are waiting for her EAD (more than 5 months now)?

Thanks in advance

Chan

Hi Chan,
From my knowledge, you have 2 options. Either the H1-B route or the EAD route.
If you choose to travel on your H1B, you will require an H1-B stamping in your passport. I know people who have been to Canada to get their H1-B extensions stamped (beyond 6 yrs), this is the safest bet. When you re-enter US, you will not have too much trouble with your stamped H1B.
You can also travel on your advance parole, but you will need to check if this means giving up your H1B status, and working on your EAD.
The other risk you might run is if your 485 gets approved while you are away. I think that might cause some hiccups (check with someone who knows immigration well enough).
Your wife can travel on her AP since she has a valid H4( though not stamped).
My advice would be to get some clarifications on it.
BTW, I am sure there are other forums with similar information.

No, this is not true as per my Attorney,

If your PD is current and your RD is current as per Service center processing time for 140 approved cases then even if you apply 3 years H1 extension, USCIS will issue for 1 year H1 it seems

but we have to see the result once Nayak will get H1 approval

I agree. If you cannot file for your 485 but have an approved I-140, you can get a 3 year extension. Otherwise you get 1 year incremental extensions on H1-B.

Not sure what my lawyer did last november then, I got a 3 year extension for my H1-B. My 485 was filed.
I guess I was lucky then.

I agree. If you cannot file for your 485 but have an approved I-140, you can get a 3 year extension. Otherwise you get 1 year incremental extensions on H1-B.

Same here. Though I applied for H-1B 3 year extension in Aug 2006 ( when the numbers are unavailable for EB2 India) but the approval came in Oct 2006 ( when my PD [June 2002] was current ).

My extension filed last month

Thanks

And i asked whether i will get 3 year extension since the I-140 is approved.
But attorney said 'NO', since my PD is current.