TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

ladude10 said:
I dont have offical link but thats true as couple of friends. They also got same info and then after around 3 to 4 months they got their 485 approved.

i have never knew about this. the main background check that is creating problems is the namecheck but no idea about anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
manishg_in said:
Got a reply back from my senator.
"Thank you for your letter concerning the delay you and your wife have encountered in the processing of your applications for adjustment of status in the U.S.

In an effort to be of assistance, I contacted the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Texas Service Center, on your behalf regarding this matter. I am advised by DHS officials that your case is in the last stage of adjudication, and that you should receive "notice of action" within the next 3-60 days. I hope this information is helpful."

I don't know, how true this is, and how soon we will receive the decision. Any ideas?

Rest assured that your case will be cleared with in 60 days. In my experience, hte office of the public officals are very particular about their communication. If they have put it down so specifically, it must be true.

sk0902 said:
Rest assured that your case will be cleared with in 60 days. In my experience, hte office of the public officals are very particular about their communication. If they have put it down so specifically, it must be true.
Thanks sk0902!
But I don't understand one thing that was "3-60 days" a typo on that letter? Should it have been 30-60 days?

2getgc said:
I had got the same answer from TSC last month. "my case is not outside of their processing time". Actually my case was already pending for 8 month at the time of the reply.
The TSC rep even don't let me make another inquiry becuse the system don't allow two inquiries in the same month.
I think the inquiry just added another LUD but won't help anything.

There might be some bug in software.

manishg_in said:
state: virginia
senator: john warner
Thanks a lot!
Looks like it might make sense to move to Virginia...
How long did it take from the moment you first contacted the Senator to the response you've got?

Azazello said:
Thanks a lot!
Looks like it might make sense to move to Virginia...
How long did it take from the moment you first contacted the Senator to the response you've got?
Actually it didn't take more then 2 weeks.

Request for advice

I would like to request advice from the experienced members of this group on the following questions:

1. How to expedite approval of my I-485?
2. If I have a lawyer, can I still call the USCIS to enquire about my status? Is there a specific manner in which I should make these calls?
3. Finally, are there anybody here with similar case profile as mine (see below) who are still awaiting approval?

Below's a brief description of my case:

EB-1
I-140 filed August 2003, approved April 2006
I-485 filed February 2004, pending
LUD is October 2006

Kindly help me please; I will be very grateful for your help.

TSC and status

My lawyer initiated a status query on Jan 5th. Within 10 days I got a reply indicating that my case is still pending with background check. :mad: On Feb 5th I got another mail indicating they could not find any file and my file is lost :eek: The letter also metioned that all my derivative cases will be processed only after my case is clear. For your info. the print was not even legible.It seems it is typed wiht printer without ink! On Feb 6th there was a LUD on the derivative cases :confused: - but not mine - no mesage change. I conclude all these status enquiry and letters are just useless. We need to wait until we get the mail. I do not know if it is useful to contact the local congress man. His office is just next street. I am thinking of going in person to meet his office people. Is this worth? Any advise?

485 Approved!

Finally, the wait is over after 5 loooong years.

We (my wife and I) got approval notifications on 2/7/07. The message changed to "Card Mailed" today (2/10/07).

Like many others on this forum, my case was stuck in FBI name check for several months. When I called TSC back in July, 2006, they said my name check was initiated on 5/26/06. I don't know the exact date when the name check was cleared. There was an LUD on 2/6/07 and the approval on 2/7. The LUD on 2/6 was the first since the previous LUD on 7/27/07. I took an Infopass appointment in December, 2006. At that time too, the officer said my name check was pending.

The only action I took regarding the name check is a FBI FOIPA request I made in Novemeber, 2006. After about 2 months, I got a reply from FBI in early January 2007 that there were no records matching my name in their central records system. However, the letter clearly stated that the FOIPA search and name check search were different. Not sure if the FOIPA request made any difference in my case.

Coincidentally, I called the National Service Center last week and asked them to open a service center request as my case was outside the normal processing window (30 days beyond the published processing date). The lady submitted a service center request and gave me a reference number. Again, not sure if this inquiry made any difference. Especially since a number of people received approvals in the last few days.

My only suggestion to those still waiting would be to keep following up every opportunity you get. It may not help, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

This forum has been a tremendous help and a great source of inspiration and support through this agonizing journey and I wish you all the best!

Thank You!!!

Is it Approval?

PD1999
485 RD Jan 2006

LUD 02/09/07 ,02/10/07

Today morning received emails from USCIS

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Same message here..

2getgc said:
I had got the same answer from TSC last month. "my case is not outside of their processing time". Actually my case was already pending for 8 month at the time of the reply.
The TSC rep even don't let me make another inquiry becuse the system don't allow two inquiries in the same month.
I think the inquiry just added another LUD but won't help anything.
Hi,
I had my lawyers initiate a contact with USCIS last week, and my lawyers informed me of the same.
The USCIS officials told them that my case was still within processing times and if we dont hear from them within the next 30 days, we should call back.
I am just relieved there is no RFE since I had one LUD (Oct 1st, 2006) and nothing since then. Keeping my fingers crossed..

srini99 said:
PD1999
485 RD Jan 2006

LUD 02/09/07 ,02/10/07

TO ADJUST STATUS

Cannot be anything else. Congratulations!

Arydk

srini99 said:
PD1999
485 RD Jan 2006

LUD 02/09/07 ,02/10/07

TO ADJUST STATUS

u were stuck in namecheck? if so, did u do anything to get ur name cleared? like did u contact senator ir someone?

GC Approved. Concurrently filed in July 2006

I have been meaning to post my information on this forum for a while but never got to it (I sincerely apologize for not doing this earlier). I noticed that quite a few people were stuck in namecheck after filing I-485 and I expected the same.

I even applied for EAD and AP on 02/06/2007 as I thought it might take atleast another year. But out of the blue the gc got approved.

Regarding my LC substitution - I have been working in the same company for more than 7 years. One of my collegues quit the company sometime ago and his LC cleared after that. The company decided to use it for me since my LC was not going anywhere and it was the correct match. I have always maintained my H1-B status correctly.

Many thanks to the active users on this forum whose posts depressed and elated me at times but always indicated that there was hope.

---------------------------------------------
PD: Oct 2001 (LC substitution - EB2)
Concurrent filing for I-140/I-1485
RD: 07/19/2006, ND: 07/24/2006
FP: 08/11/2006

I-140 LUD: 07/24/2006, 8/11/2006, 08/31/2006
I-140 Approval: 09/01/2006

Self:
I-485 LUD: 07/24/2006, 08/11/2006, 09/13/2006
I-485 Approval: 02/08/2007 (Card production ordered), 02/09/2007 (Approval notice mailed)

Spouse:
I-485 LUD: 07/24/2006, 08/11/2006, 9/14/2006 (RFE for I-94 copies), 10/6/2006 (Received RFE response)
I-485 Approval: 02/09/2007 (Approval notice mailed)

Congratulations on your freedom. For the sake of peple waiting longer than you, when your original labor gets approved, please return it to DOL with a note saying you wish to have it revoked. If you do not have the original, just send a photocopy. Please do not let your company sell it to others.

Thank you,
GC hopeful, waiting patiently.

immiuser2007 said:
I have been meaning to post my information on this forum for a while but never got to it (I sincerely apologize for not doing this earlier). I noticed that quite a few people were stuck in namecheck after filing I-485 and I expected the same.

I even applied for EAD and AP on 02/06/2007 as I thought it might take atleast another year. But out of the blue the gc got approved.

Regarding my LC substitution - I have been working in the same company for more than 7 years. One of my collegues quit the company sometime ago and his LC cleared after that. The company decided to use it for me since my LC was not going anywhere and it was the correct match. I have always maintained my H1-B status correctly.

Many thanks to the active users on this forum whose posts depressed and elated me at times but always indicated that there was hope.

---------------------------------------------
PD: Oct 2001 (LC substitution - EB2)
Concurrent filing for I-140/I-1485
RD: 07/19/2006, ND: 07/24/2006
FP: 08/11/2006

I-140 LUD: 07/24/2006, 8/11/2006, 08/31/2006
I-140 Approval: 09/01/2006

Self:
I-485 LUD: 07/24/2006, 08/11/2006, 09/13/2006
I-485 Approval: 02/08/2007 (Card production ordered), 02/09/2007 (Approval notice mailed)

Spouse:
I-485 LUD: 07/24/2006, 08/11/2006, 9/14/2006 (RFE for I-94 copies), 10/6/2006 (Received RFE response)
I-485 Approval: 02/09/2007 (Approval notice mailed)

Country of origin ?

Could you please tell us your country of origin ?
Non-retrogressed / India /China ?

immiuser2007 said:

CA_0802_RIR_EB2 said:
Could you please tell us your country of origin ?
Non-retrogressed / India /China ?

immiuser2007 said:
India