TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

java01 said:
yes that makes perfect sense, with changing world order, conflicts with US, iran, iraq etc..., country of origin matters, especially to US agencies, plus ethnic background also, like I'm from pakistan, although pakistani government is US ally supporting and helping finding bad guys, and so does all educated and non-radical muslims, but still to uS government 'pakistan' is a troubled country and I don't blame them, they have to do their security check to save from bad guys.

The FBI received my name check on 7/20/06 and its still pending. I am from the UK and was a former reserve officer in the Army with previous full security clearance in the UK up til jun 2002.

I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but the name check delay does not appear to be related to country of origin or previous security issues. If it was, then mine would have been cleared very quickly.

In my opinion its more related to a small number of analysts working on too many cases and the fact that the name check itself uses many variations of your name. So if your name is pretty unusual and a similar US style name is also unusual then you are in luck. Otherwise you just get added to another long queue.

One approval today

Saw this approval in the TSC main forum. Guys, if you see any approvals in a different thread please post it here:

========== original message ====================
ned
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

This is the DAY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 2, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Finally, after 12 long years and no less than 6 EADs it is finally done.
AD?

I think the percentage stuck in namecheck for China is much higher. For example, 80% for China, but maybe 10% for Europe. You probably the 10%.

waiting4cagc said:
The FBI received my name check on 7/20/06 and its still pending. I am from the UK and was a former reserve officer in the Army with previous full security clearance in the UK up til jun 2002.

I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but the name check delay does not appear to be related to country of origin or previous security issues. If it was, then mine would have been cleared very quickly.

In my opinion its more related to a small number of analysts working on too many cases and the fact that the name check itself uses many variations of your name. So if your name is pretty unusual and a similar US style name is also unusual then you are in luck. Otherwise you just get added to another long queue.

Let me add just one piece of info here. In addition to writing a letter, emailing, or calling, you can do this via www.regulations.gov as well. As richshi mentioned, enter USCIS-2006-0044-0001 into keyword or ID blank. Then click on the yellow icon of add comment. Skip the blanks of your personal information and go to the last blank, write you comment and send it.

richshi said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we are aware that USCIS is seeking to increase fees again. As many EB based immigration applicants know that the I485 processing takes longer than 6 months --I have doubted it before, but now my I485 has passed the 6 months mark without seeing a result, I have no doubt now that the claim by USCIS is an outright lie. Ladies and gentlemen, if your I485 case has remain unprocessed for longer than 6 months, now it is time to voice your concern... and this time your voice can get heard by the right people. You are the person who will pay the fees, and a RELEVANT party this time. Your comments are sought after.

Please write to: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529

or: email to OSComments@dhs.gov

You ought to point out that we are against the fee increase unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim:

'USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006. '

Tell them your case has been pending longer than 6 months (trust me, many delay are NOT caused by name check!), and you have reasonable doubt that there are many many cases like yours have been delayed without cause.

Now they ask for money, we voice our concern. This MAY help them to speed up a little, and who knows, maybe your case can be picked up for processing if our letter cause the USCIS director to reexamine the work efficiency.

ACT NOW. Put USCIS-2006-0044 on your subject line.

pauljun said:
The best tracker in town!
pauljun

Why is it the best in town? :confused: The tracker on this forum has 454 users and allows users to analyze the data themselves using Excel. It also seems a little larger than the sample on trackitt.

Quick question, folks!
Which parties are notified in case of an RFE?
Is the applicant ever notified or is it just the lawyers and the company that files the application? :confused:

comment on USCIS new fee proposal USCIS-2006-0044

Hi:
I sent comment to OSComments@dhs.gov about USCIS new fee proposal USCIS-2006-0044 .
Thanks

To: Director,
Regulatory Management Division,
USCIS, Department of Homeland Security,
111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20529

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am writing this letter to give comment on USCIS new fee proposal.
I am strongly against the fee increasing unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim: “USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006”. I also strongly request USCIS to set time line for FBI name check completion.
I am a victim of USCIS inefficiency. I applied my adjustment of status petition (I485 Green card petition) with USCIS Texas service center on Apr 7 2006. My case is pending about ten months. In response to my case status inquiry, USCIS told me my green card application will be pending indefinitely because of FBI name check delay.
USCIS uses background check delay to mask their inefficiency. By doing this, USCIS threats national security because it will allow terrors if any stay longer in USA. USCIS may continue using back ground check delay to mask their inefficiency. In the new fee proposal, USCIS only providing $12.4 million additional funds to FBI name check service, no time line is given about FBI name check completion.

Thank you for doing this. I have sent mine too.

worriedEngineer said:
Hi:
I sent comment to OSComments@dhs.gov about USCIS new fee proposal USCIS-2006-0044 .
Thanks

To: Director,
Regulatory Management Division,
USCIS, Department of Homeland Security,
111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20529

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am writing this letter to give comment on USCIS new fee proposal.
I am strongly against the fee increasing unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim: “USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006”. I also strongly request USCIS to set time line for FBI name check completion.
I am a victim of USCIS inefficiency. I applied my adjustment of status petition (I485 Green card petition) with USCIS Texas service center on Apr 7 2006. My case is pending about ten months. In response to my case status inquiry, USCIS told me my green card application will be pending indefinitely because of FBI name check delay.
USCIS uses background check delay to mask their inefficiency. By doing this, USCIS threats national security because it will allow terrors if any stay longer in USA. USCIS may continue using back ground check delay to mask their inefficiency. In the new fee proposal, USCIS only providing $12.4 million additional funds to FBI name check service, no time line is given about FBI name check completion.

I was Kicked out Texas Service Center

After almost six months of processing I got e-mail for CRIS and I was excited because I thought it's an approval finally, however the message was:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On February 1, 2007, we transferred this case to our MIAMI, FL location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our MIAMI, FL location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am EB2 world wide and my I-140 was approved Oct. 2, 2006. I filed cuncurrently On 8.8.2006. did any one heard of such a thing? how long does it take to get an interview in Miami?

eb2hope said:
After almost six months of processing I got e-mail for CRIS and I was excited because I thought it's an approval finally, however the message was:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On February 1, 2007, we transferred this case to our MIAMI, FL location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our MIAMI, FL location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am EB2 world wide and my I-140 was approved Oct. 2, 2006. I filed cuncurrently On 8.8.2006. did any one heard of such a thing? how long does it take to get an interview in Miami?

I think it is a good sign. And don't worry about the interview, just take all your documents with you. I was interviewed for a previous I-485 that I had thru lottery and it was straightforward. They just checked if I was legal in the US.

antonioa77 said:
after 1 month of BCS being implemented, r u still hopeful of its effect on clearing namecheck? BCS was a joke .

If you read the PDF document of the BCS, you will know that it is not meant to speed up the name check. It won't affect us at all.

KeenOnGC said:
Quick question, folks!
Which parties are notified in case of an RFE?
Is the applicant ever notified or is it just the lawyers and the company that files the application? :confused:

In my case, only the lawyer got the letter.

why not RFE?

If they want to see if I'm legal here (assuming they don't know) they can issue an RFE. I'm not concern so much with the content of the interview I just don't want to wait another 6 monthe for them to call me for an interview.

anyway thanks for your reply.

schehrazi said:
In my case, only the lawyer got the letter.

I agree. As far as I can gather from my experience and others' I know, REF letters seem to be sent to the attorneys that represent you, whether it's about I-140 or 485. In my case, it was a REF about ATP for I-140, and I knew via email that it was issued, but the letter was sent to the attorney so I didn't know what it was about until she received it and informed me.

eb2hope said:
If they want to see if I'm legal here (assuming they don't know) they can issue an RFE.

That's what I thought when I saw your first post. And it always boggles my mind -- I mean, how could they possibly NOT know if our presence is legal or not??? Seriously -- we are required to submit evidence upon application, and they are supposed to keep track of our past status too, right? Looks like another indication that their system stinks.

Anyway, hope things will go smoothly for you.

waiting4cagc said:

This question pops up basically every 2nd week in this thread. We discussed it many times. Yes, you're correct, background check does not depend on country of origin. There're so many frustrated people here and most of them are from India and China. Like I told a month ago, I have another stats. My Indian co-workers went through I-485 stage without any delay (not counting retrogression and LC substitution mess) while friends and co-workers from European countries got stuck in NC AKA background check. Some of them have been sitting there for years. Friend of mine was about to sue FBI after 3-year wait.