TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

YCEOS said:
Did the USCIS mail AP you directly or to your lawyer?
In my case there is no lawyer involved (I've filed I-131's and I-765's online myself), but I beleive that they (USCIS) mail the AP's directly to the person to whom issued. At least, this was the language in the USCIS status update e-mail.

My attorney received the pre-approval for my canadian immigration case and Medical request on Friday Aug 18, 2006. My interview was waived.
If I get the US GC, I will drop my canadian gc case. Hopefully I don't have to go for the Canadian medical which costs about $350-400 per adult, and also there is not even a single designated medical professional in my city. So in total it will cost me a day's off and dollars on top of that.

I got EAD directly in a week time. But USCIS mailed my AP to my attorney . It took exactly 2 weeks to get AP in my hand from the approval date.

YCEOS said:
Does anybody know how it is going to take to receive AP. My AP got approval and mailed out on 8/16.

thanks

485 Approved 8/21/06

my 485 was approved 8/21/06. Same with my spouse.
very fast. 42 days.

manishg_in said:
Congratulations gunt!! Enjoy.
Congrats too.

Does anyone have a theory as to why some people get approved so quickly while others just have to wait assuming that in both cases name check was cleared

Thanks

I hate name check!

From what I gather reading on the FBI name check it looks like you get into the time-hole if they hit your name in their intial search which then results in further investigation and months of wait...

I was wondering if having gone through fingerprinting procedures at ports of entry could have a negative effect on this process. Has anybody waiting on name check here gone through an FBI fingerprinting at any entry port before? I want to understand if there is a direct correlation between I485 wait time and such records.

i have had my prints taken at POE a few times before my 485 was approved. I don's know if there is any impact from the POE printing on name check. I can say that i suspect my country of origin was the single most influencial factor on a speedy name check for me (canada). the second is that my name is very unusual and there is no one in the USA who has a similar name to me.

YCEOS said:
Does anybody know how it is going to take to receive AP. My AP got approval and mailed out on 8/16.

thanks

My AP was mailed on 08/15/2006 and i haven't received it. May be it
went to lawyer. My EAD was mailed on 08/16/2006 and i received at home on 08/19/2006.

How to know the app hit name check or not ?

Hi,

My I-1485 was recently filed at TSC. I guess they might have
initiated security check. How to know whether there was a name check
hit ?

-prince123

prince123 said:
My AP was mailed on 08/15/2006 and i haven't received it. May be it
went to lawyer. My EAD was mailed on 08/16/2006 and i received at home on 08/19/2006.

Hi
My EAD and AP got approved within 2 weeks of applying. I got the EAD card but not the AP. They sent the AP mail on 8/11/06. Still I haven't received it. I need to find out with the lawyer. My PD is Sept 2000 (LC substituted, my LC is still pending at Phily). I have told lawyer while filing AP that I will visit my home country in Dec. But the GC process really went so fast. I am wondering if I can make an early trip to India for marriage. I think the 485 approval might come at any time after Oct 1. Is it safe to go and get married? Any idea how much time it takes to get my spouse to US on Follow-to-join (I824) route?
Thank you in advance for the valueable guidance.
ybnyk

Hello Manish,
You r signature tells that you got RFE for EAD? Can you please share with us the reason why you received RFE for I-765. Thank you.

manishg_in said:
Congratulations gunt!! Enjoy.

It was for my date of birth. The letter said, the DOB I provided on the EAD form did not match their records, so they asked me to send birth certificate and copy of passport.

knowDOL said:
Hello Manish,
You r signature tells that you got RFE for EAD? Can you please share with us the reason why you received RFE for I-765. Thank you.

How to use AP to come back

My lawyer received my AP yesterday. Did anybody use AP to come back before? Any supporting document that I need from lawyer or employer? My lawyer said I only need to show AP and Passport together.

thanks

Ap

I plan to travel at the end of this month. My lawyer also sent me the document indicates that H-1B is a dual intention visa type along with the 2 copies of AP. Just in case I might need it at POE.

YCEOS said:
My lawyer received my AP yesterday. Did anybody use AP to come back before? Any supporting document that I need from lawyer or employer? My lawyer said I only need to show AP and Passport together.

thanks

prince123 said:
How to know whether there was a name check
hit ?

When the published processing date moves beyond your RD, and you did not get your GC. They are currently processing mid February cases. Some are done faster, some slower.

YCEOS said:
My lawyer said I only need to show AP and Passport together.

Wow, a lawyer who knows what he is talking about. :eek:

Yeah, that was enough, but carry other papers with you just in case - like 485 reciept, approval for 140, existing H1 etc..

Axxe said:
Wow, a lawyer who knows what he is talking about. :eek:

Yeah, that was enough, but carry other papers with you just in case - like 485 reciept, approval for 140, existing H1 etc..

I only have the copy of my 140 approval notice and the copy of my 485 receipt notice. Do you think if I need original copy?