TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

sgms66 said:
My fingerprint is done on 6/2 (Code 3) and then i noticed a LUD change on 6/2 and 6/3

One more question, since i got my EAD and AP approved, could i change jobs, ie i am planning to move to work in a different state?

Thanks
If you are self-petitioning (NIW) you can change jobs. If you are sponsored you can change after 6 months of pending 485. I do not know much about this but I do know you have to stay doing the same type of job for which your labor certification is approved for at least until you get the GC. Search for 485 portability (I think there is a separate section to the forum).

Updated signature with LUDs

AP, EAD, I-140, I-485 - RD 5/4/06
I-140 - AD 5/22/06
FP - 5/23/06
EAD - AD 6/5/06
AP - AD 6/14/06
I-485 - AD ??? (LUDs: 5/23/06, 5/24/06, 6/3/06, 6/24/06)

eastsidedude said:
folks (esp. those that have applied after March 2006), could you please drop a note if you see your I-485 LUDs changing?

also - i have seen my AP approved but not received it yet (2 weeks now). anybody else in the same boat?

thanks!

My self & the wife got the EAD in 2 days after approved. But didnt receive the AP yet. It got approved on 20th of June.

gopherhound said:
If you are self-petitioning (NIW) you can change jobs. If you are sponsored you can change after 6 months of pending 485. I do not know much about this but I do know you have to stay doing the same type of job for which your labor certification is approved for at least until you get the GC. Search for 485 portability (I think there is a separate section to the forum).
I believe it is 180 business days.

Look for AC-21 and I-485 - that deals with the 180 day rule portability.
gopherhound said:

Last edited by a moderator:
And so you 'believe' wrong. Please don't confuse people with something that serious! Of course these are calendar days - not business days.

By the way, here the source reference:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDac21qa.html#1

Question 1 : Is it the receipt date or the notice date that governs the counting of the 180-day period under AC21?

Based upon the wording of the law and the INS interpretation of AC21, the 180 days should be counted from the date the INS receives the filing at one of its Service Centers. This is not the notice date, which reflects the several days or weeks the INS takes to issue the Receipt Notice. The 180 days are calendar days, not business days.

OnePenny said:
I believe it is 180 business days.

LUD Change on Approved I-140...

Guys,
Has anyone noticed this?

I have had my I-140 approved and recieved on May 2nd 2006. At the moment I have 3 cases in my profile, the approved I-140, the I485 (ND 04/24/2006) and the I-765.

I noticed that when I had my Biometrics done on the 2nd of June.
1) I got an LUD update 06.03.2006 on the I-485 (next day after fingerprinting)
2) I also got an LUD update on my I-140 06.03.2006

Now I got another LUD update on my I-140 on 06.24.2006.

Anyone seen this before ? LUD updates on approved I-140 petition? Does this mean anything good or bad for my I-485 application?

thx
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
Guys,
Has anyone noticed this?

Anyone seen this before ? LUD updates on approved I-140 petition? Does this mean anything good or bad for my I-485 application?

thx
ZB
Mine AD is 06/09/06 and 2nd LUD on 6/24 recently. I dont know what does it mean.

Generic 485 filing question

Guys:

Can i file I-485 with new employer? or i have to wait for EAD and then file with new employer?

Thanks in advance,

LUDs

Does it make sense/worth while to track or analyze LUDs, especially for 485? There have been a few theories about what they mean and whether they are an indicator of how close you are to approval.

We pretty much can tie all the 1st and 2nd LUDs as they apply to FP (although some people don't get them for FP). Also, LUDs related to RFEs are pretty simple to understand. But can we correlate the 2nd or 3rd LUD (with no e-mail) that is not immediately after FP to the name check? What about the fourth LUD? Final processing and then QA?

I agree with Capvo.
For our own satisfaction we monitor the LUD but most of the time those do not make any sense. Anyhow if you see a LUD on your case you feel good that someone is looking into your file and it is not collecting dust. :).

pleaseGOD said:
Guys:

Can i file I-485 with new employer? or i have to wait for EAD and then file with new employer?

Thanks in advance,

No. You can't file I-485 with new employer.

You will get EAD only after filing I-485.

You need to get new labor certification and new I-140 approval to file I-485 with new employer. Otherwise you have to do this:

a) File your I-485 based on your approved I-140 (Wait till your PD is current)

b) After your EAD approval and 6 months from I-485 filing date, you can
change your employer. New employer will be sponsor of your GC.

c) If you will get I-485 approval within 6 months from I-485 filing date,you may need to wait 6 more months to leave your employer. (This is just be safe)

Thanks

Not that there's an exact science to interpreting LUDs, especially with regard to the I485, but it is rather interesting that the LUD for my I140 which was approved last month just changed a few days ago, just like some others have reported. Weird!

485 Approval - ZlikeZebra

Finally the message I have been waiting for:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 22, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Now I guess I have to wait for the card to be ordered and mailed.

My main concern is that I am actually currently traveling in Asia (I left on June 18th) and are supposed to come back into the US next week. As on trips before I am planning to use my AP to reenter the US. Now I have heard before that all Visa and AP loose their validity once the I 485 has been approved but my lawyer told me that I should be able to reenter using my AP - given that I was outside the US when I got approved ?

Any thoughts ? Should I get an appointment at the US embassy here (I am currently in China) ?

Last but not least - My wife filed as a dependent - any thought how much longer for her to get her approval ?

Thanks

ZlikeZebra

Details: EB2 - Other
Labor Certification: Filed 6/15/05 - Approved 11/3/05
I485: Filed 11/18/2005 - Approved 6/22/06

zanybrainy,

Same with me. I had my I-140 AD on 05/02 but I saw 2 last LUDs on the same. One on 05/22 and other one on 06/24.

Also for EAD/AP/I-485, I saw LUDs on 06/06, 06/07, 06/08, 06/12, 06/13 and nothing after. My EAD and AP was mailed on 06/06. FP was done on 06/06.

Thanks
neargc
LC PD June 2002/EB2/IND
I-140 AD 05/02/06
I-485 RD 05/17/06
I-765 RD 05/17/06 AD 06/06/06
I-131 RD 05/17/06 AD 06/06/06
FP 06/06/06
Quote:

Zany_Brainy said:
Guys,
Has anyone noticed this?

I have had my I-140 approved and recieved on May 2nd 2006. At the moment I have 3 cases in my profile, the approved I-140, the I485 (ND 04/24/2006) and the I-765.

I noticed that when I had my Biometrics done on the 2nd of June.
1) I got an LUD update 06.03.2006 on the I-485 (next day after fingerprinting)
2) I also got an LUD update on my I-140 06.03.2006

Now I got another LUD update on my I-140 on 06.24.2006.

thx
ZB

Congratulations ZlikeZebra

ZlikeZebra said:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 22, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Thanks

ZlikeZebra

Details: EB2 - Other
Labor Certification: Filed 6/15/05 - Approved 11/3/05
I485: Filed 11/18/2005 - Approved 6/22/06

You can not do CP. You will have your card waiting for you when you get home :rolleyes:

ZlikeZebra said:

Current Status:

...As on trips before I am planning to use my AP to reenter the US. Now I have heard before that all Visa and AP loose their validity once the I 485 has been approved but my lawyer told me that I should be able to reenter using my AP - given that I was outside the US when I got approved ?
While Visa loses validity because you just changed status (duh), AP is exactly used in cases like yours. Use it and come back to collect your GC. Congrats!
Here the Murthy explanation:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_man485.html
"Can I Travel While I-485 is Pending?
...The best situation is for the individual to have advance parole, which makes travel possible, and to explain the fact of approval at the Port of Entry."

Last but not least - My wife filed as a dependent - any thought how much longer for her to get her approval ?
She should get approval any day (usually at/around the same time as primary applicant.

ZlikeZebra: Can you please share your 485 LUDs before the approval. We all are trying to determine a pattern to get some insights. Thanks

Andy Garcia: How do you know your's is stuck with the name check? Specially with a name Andy ;-).

andy garcia said:

You can not do CP. You will have your card waiting for you when you get home :rolleyes:

I just had my and my wife's fingerprints done at Alexandria, VA after just missing the flood in the DC area. Our I-485s show new LUDs, which is 06/27/2006.