TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Re: Dull in Dallas

I am not sure if this is true... but still who knows..as you got first hand information...I agree, this is too frustrating..

Have you done your FP?

Dull in Dallas said:
I had my infopass meeting today. The officer - an old man - was very friendly. He said my case is under review. He indicated that the background check will be initiated only when my RD is current - which is . Is this true? He said even USCIS cannot tell the status of background check - He checked his system and said everything is fine. He told me to contact him if I do not hear wihtin next 60 days!!!!! My god. Does this make any sense? My PD is current and RD is May 3rd. It is height of frustration. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dull in Dallas said:
I had my infopass meeting today. The officer - an old man - was very friendly. He said my case is under review. He indicated that the background check will be initiated only when my RD is current - which is . Is this true? He said even USCIS cannot tell the status of background check - He checked his system and said everything is fine. He told me to contact him if I do not hear wihtin next 60 days!!!!! My god. Does this make any sense? My PD is current and RD is May 3rd. It is height of frustration. :mad:

I think yesterday u provided us with a number for FBI and u said u called this number and they told u aboutur namecheck status. this number is for FBI fingerprintas and not namecheck. r u sure that it was for namecheck? wherever u search, there is no number to contact the fbi namecheck.

antonioa77 said:
I think yesterday u provided us with a number for FBI and u said u called this number and they told u aboutur namecheck status. this number is for FBI fingerprintas and not namecheck. r u sure that it was for namecheck? wherever u search, there is no number to contact the fbi namecheck.

I called FBI and specifically asked for namecheck. THe lady confirmed that finger print was cleared in June and specifically name check was cleared in July. This matched with my LUDs also. Now infopass guy is telling he cannot tell the status - but my case is under review. He said this is a good sign :confused: but then why is this 60 days waiting period :mad: Once again I specifically asked for name check - he said even USCIS cannot say this. The only option is to stop chasing and just wait for the magic mail. I am too tired with this.

Im in the "NameCheck" pending club also

I called USCIS today.
A very polite officer answered me.
She said my finger printing check got cleared.
She said my Name-Check was pending.

So I guess I have to keep waiting.

prince123 said:
It is not only the approvals that take visa number, but the I-485 applications too . So it gets depleted fast.

Prince,

I-485 applications won't take annual visa numbers. But it's true that I-485 applications and available annual visa numbers ratio determine the cutoff dates on monthly visa bulletin.

Thanks

Dull in Dallas said:
I called FBI and specifically asked for namecheck. THe lady confirmed that finger print was cleared in June and specifically name check was cleared in July. This matched with my LUDs also. Now infopass guy is telling he cannot tell the status - but my case is under review. He said this is a good sign :confused: but then why is this 60 days waiting period :mad: Once again I specifically asked for name check - he said even USCIS cannot say this. The only option is to stop chasing and just wait for the magic mail. I am too tired with this.

Dull in Dallas,

Don't worry. Your case is under review, then you are in good shape. It's standard time for review process. Any case picked by office for final review, officer will have 60 days time to give the decision on that case (approval/RFE/NOD). But most of the time the decision will be done in a couple of weeks. But 60 days is maximum timeline.

Don't worry... Soon you will be Bright in Dallas.

Good Luck

Ouch..

imcdude said:
I called USCIS today.
A very polite officer answered me.
She said my finger printing check got cleared.
She said my Name-Check was pending.

So I guess I have to keep waiting.

I applied last week of July 2006 and no LUDs so far after the FP LUD.
Not sure whether i got membership in name check club. You seem to have post FP LUDs. What was that for ?

prince123 said:
Not sure whether i got membership in name check club. You seem to have post FP LUDs. What was that for ?

I guess LUD's are hard to come by these days even after FP.
I haven't gotten one either.

I am member too.

I am also stuck in name check and they are not even approving my Advance Parole.

Just bring your orignial copies of your AP and your passport. It will be very smoothly and no risk at all. Don't need to worry about anything.

LC001 said:
My husband and I are going to China for three weeks on 18/11. My H-1b is expired, now my status is I-485-pending. I got my I-765 and I-131 approvel a few weeks ago. My question is what documents I should bring with me? Is there any risk to return to U.S? :confused: Thank you.

EB3 China.
PD: Nov. 1999.
RIR AD: 7/12/06. :mad:
I-140/I-486/I-765: RD: 8/28/06.
I-140/I-485/I-756: ND: 8/30/06.
I-765: AD: 9/16/06.
I-140: AD:10/2/06.
I-485: LUD: 9/16, 9/17, 10/24, 10/25.
I-131: RD: 9/18/06. ND: 9/20/06, AD: 10/16/06.
Finger Printing: 9/16/06.

No risk

LC001 said:
My husband and I are going to China for three weeks on 18/11. My H-1b is expired, now my status is I-485-pending. I got my I-765 and I-131 approvel a few weeks ago. My question is what documents I should bring with me? Is there any risk to return to U.S? :confused: Thank you.

At the port of entry, you just need to show passport and approved AP. Then he will direct you to another room. The officer there just asked me why I went back china. I said visiting family. That's it! I brought two copies of AP with me, the officer kept one and gave me the other one with the stamp. It was very smoothy and fast.

prince123 said:

A lot of people saw LUDs on 9/25 and 9/26.
May be it was some inventory check or something.
But my last LUDs do not seem to have anything to do with adjudicating my case.

I140 approve I-485 pending more than 180 days

I140 approve I-485 pending more than 180 days, I will change job soon. Do I need to file AC21 or not? Please help. Thanks a lot.

I've heard several cases from TSC that they received green card but the online status did not change to approved or green card mailed. My friend called and found out that his case was approved 2 months ago, but he did not see the status changed and did not received the card, either. What's wrong with the online status. Is it still reliable? When I radomly checked some case numbers online, I found that lots of case received in April did not get updated at all. My husband started to check mails carefully now. In case one day we may receive the card directly....:D

PERM FD 01/06 AD 3/28/06 (EB2 worldwide)
I140/I485/I765(spouse) RD 4/28/06
FP (code3) 5/18/06
I140 AP 5/19/06
both I485 LUD 6/17

lianghn_1999 said:
I140 approve I-485 pending more than 180 days, I will change job soon. Do I need to file AC21 or not? Please help. Thanks a lot.
yes....search on this forum for more details...

Any update over the weekend?

TSC used to work even on a weekend (they produced LUDs on Sat. or Sun.), but now it seems like hibernating again. Any approvals, news, or even LUDs over the weekend???

Estimate on how long it would take to get I485 approval?

Hi guys,
I just created my signature to share my timelines. My AP was approved in 42 days after an RFE (see signature for details). I'm trying to get a best guestimate from all you gurus out there about the possible time frame for my 485 approval?

Processing times published on Oct 30 for TSC show processing date of I485 cases received on 05/02/2006. The gap between that and my RD(09/20/2006) for I485 is approx. 4 months and 18 days.

Do you think it would take another 3-4 months for it to be worked on by the adjucation officer?

Thanks and good luck,
Jeff

That's all any of us can assume. It's currently a six month processing time for 485's, so as you point out, you've a little over 4 months to wait. Of course as you'll see on this site, some folks get their approval in less than 6 months and some get stuck in name check and therefore their approvals take a lot longer than 6 months. USCIS disowns the 6 month processing time if your name gets stuck in namecheck as they regard that as the FBI's domain and therefore outside USCIS' control. Good luck.

jefkorn said:
Hi guys,
I just created my signature to share my timelines. My AP was approved in 42 days after an RFE (see signature for details). I'm trying to get a best guestimate from all you gurus out there about the possible time frame for my 485 approval?

Processing times published on Oct 30 for TSC show processing date of I485 cases received on 05/02/2006. The gap between that and my RD(09/20/2006) for I485 is approx. 4 months and 18 days.

Do you think it would take another 3-4 months for it to be worked on by the adjucation officer?

Thanks and good luck,
Jeff

Anyone with similar or close Receipt date to Sep 20,2006?

I'm actually ok to wait because I am thinking of getting married in my home country and would travel in the first week of Dec. My concern now is that what is the possibility of my I-485 getting approved before that?
Setting aside the the exceptional cases where I485 gets approved much faster than the posted times.

If someone with dates around August, 2006 is still waiting I could assume that my turn is not up yet...

Other folks please chime in and share your thoughts,
Thanks
Jeff

TempusFugit said:
That's all any of us can assume. It's currently a six month processing time for 485's, so as you point out, you've a little over 4 months to wait. Of course as you'll see on this site, some folks get their approval in less than 6 months and some get stuck in name check and therefore their approvals take a lot longer than 6 months. USCIS disowns the 6 month processing time if your name gets stuck in namecheck as they regard that as the FBI's domain and therefore outside USCIS' control. Good luck.