TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

NAYAK,

My case was also last touched around your date and still not approved. My RD is also around yours.The only thing is that my case was transferred to VSC after that last update at TSC .I haven't called USCIS yet but planning to do so after my RD cross 30 days from the published date.

NAYAK said:
Not touched since Oct 12th. Called a month ago ..background check not completed.

Waiting from 2001 ....want to wait till the date is one month past processing date... Any suggestions gurus ?

INDIA/EB2-PD -08/2001
140/485 RD - 06/26/06 TSC
FP/EAD AD /AP AD --07/10/06---07/20/06---08/01/06
140-AD - 08/18/06
I-485 LUD : 07/12/06, 09/15/06, 10/11/06, 10/12/06

in_labor said:
I am also past their processing dates and stuck in name check. My friend in FBI gave me advice to wait for 1 year past processing dates.

don't listen to those bureaucrats. they simply don;t know anything. what will change if u wait for another 1 yr? nothing. maybe u will get ur name cleared by then and maybe not.

anyways, it is up to u but i believe u will loose ur time for nothing.

antonioa77 said:
don't listen to those bureaucrats. they simply don;t know anything. what will change if u wait for another 1 yr? nothing. maybe u will get ur name cleared by then and maybe not.

anyways, it is up to u but i believe u will loose ur time for nothing.

I would suggest contacting your senators/representatives. I am sure an enquiry from them on your behalf cannot be easily overlooked.
There are some posts in this forum where people have tried this approach, read through.
Waiting for an year, knowing your case is stuck can be nerve-racking.

Meaning of LUD & LUD changed? TSC calling hints

Can someone help me understand what is LUD and what is the meaning of LUD changed? How to check it.

Also I tried to contact TSC centre, but my call went to some information centre, not to TSC. Can someone help me how to connect to TSC using already certified and approved logic (I know most of the software engineers are expert in this)?

Thanks
rks2007
I-485: RD : May25,2006, and waiting and waiting...

"Nothing is wrong in this world, even a stopped clock is twice right a day"

Last edited by a moderator:
KeenOnGC said:
I would suggest contacting your senators/representatives. I am sure an enquiry from them on your behalf cannot be easily overlooked.
There are some posts in this forum where people have tried this approach, read through.
Waiting for an year, knowing your case is stuck can be nerve-racking.
100% agree after going through this immigration mess. Do whatever you want to do from your side. Beause we dont know that will be situation after year.....
I will not surpeise if they OPEN backlog center to clear cases NC and we all know how this backlog centers were helpfulJust for transfering cases 6 month, opening boxes 6 months, relocating cases another few months and top of the letter from that to see if we are still survived or not

sO bottom line, dont wait give best try from ur side...

Ladude10

1st LC: PD July 2002 CA EB3 PBEC Status: Still waiting
2nd LC (Substitution) PD Jan 2000
I-140 RD 09/18/2006 AD 10/04/2006
485 is in TSC
I765 RD 12/8/06 AD 12/29/06
I131 RD 12/8/06 AD 1/08/07
I485 RD 12/8/06 LUD 12/31/06, 01/24/07
FP code 3 and bio done on 12/29/06

I just got back from the InfoPass appointment. They said that my case has been pre-adjucated and they are just waiting for response from FBI for background check. She said the case will be approved within a couple of days of FBI response. She said they can't expediate backgound check since FBI is another agency. She "hopes" that it will be approved soon.

EB2/Non-Retro/05-06-2006
Last LUDS: 07/25/06, 07/26/06

Card (for my wife) arrived today.....

Today, I got my wife's physical green card finally. Just one week after the approval which looks so fast! I can't believe that we have waited for this tiny piece of plastic this long.........

My case still is pending, though. I contacted TSC yesterday and the rep said that security check was still pending.

Well, it appears that TSC have following pattern of its work. First, for those who got the NC clearance before it finishes pre-adjudication process, it seems to approve the cases usually between one and two months after RD. After that, it is going to leave other cases (which didn't get NC clearance yet) behind and work on the next case. Third, those cases left behind are checked again around the processing time to see if NC has been cleared. If the case has NC clearance, it approved the case. Those which still didn't receive NC clearance will be left behind again.

This is just my speculation, but it seems reasonable. Any idea about this?

Sounds reasonable to me. Still, this inter-agency communication regarding security check seems to be really a shot in the dark for us. I saw some cases where the primary got it approved first and the dependent did just one or two weeks later, so how immediately CIS acts upon FBI's response is really unclear.

The more think about it, it's baffling. They approve the primary that is living with the person they still "presume is non-innocent" (like the mitras' case). Or, everybody they are by-default doubtful about stays on the U.S. soil while this damn thing is pending. Sorta defeats the purpose, it seems.

I'll wait for the processing date + 30 days for the spouse's case, then action if it's still pending. At least TSC seems to be working again, which is good. Hopefully good news keeps coming in...

mitra88 said:
Today, I got my wife's physical green card finally. Just one week after the approval which looks so fast! I can't believe that we have waited for this tiny piece of plastic this long.........

My case still is pending, though. I contacted TSC yesterday and the rep said that security check was still pending.

Well, it appears that TSC have following pattern of its work. First, for those who got the NC clearance before it finishes pre-adjudication process, it seems to approve the cases usually between one and two months after RD. After that, it is going to leave other cases (which didn't get NC clearance yet) behind and work on the next case. Third, those cases left behind are checked again around the processing time to see if NC has been cleared. If the case has NC clearance, it approved the case. Those which still didn't receive NC clearance will be left behind again.

I am in the same date range (month and LUD) as you and when inquired at USCIS I was adviced that we (spouse and I) are on the pre-adjucated status... just waiting for approval coming back from FBI.

mitra88 said:

Good observation, your theory seems close,
1) That explains why some ppl gets very fast approval
2) Then some gets after TSC reaches to there published dates
3) and some after very long time after there SC getting cleared.

But I have one question
Suppose your pre-adjudication is done and TSC receives SC clearance before reaches to there published dates for that candidate, do they at least update there database?
I am trying to figure out some cases getting LUD but no message change no RFE. I wonder it may be their SC is cleared but TSC would approved their case only after they reaches to published dates (i.e july 2006)

I'm hoping this theory is true (which means that I can expect them to approve my case in 3 months) but I doubt it is. My namecheck (at least according to a TSC rep on the phone and an Infopass appointment) seems to have been cleared back in November, but my I-140/I-485 are still pending with no LUDs since the first one. Also, both my AP and EAD took a very long time to get approved, so maybe there is something special going on in my case or maybe I am stuck in the FBI namecheck, but if I'm not, then I should have been approved a while ago.

mitra88 said:

I do not agree with this theory,

My name check ahs been cleared within 2 months of filing, No one even checked it just after the 6 month period.
I had to open the case and got a letter that is is Pending and under review.

So this theory is NOT TRUE - at least in my case;

Provided that your inquiry about your NC status to TSC is true, you will probably be getting your approval around April or May. If, somehow, your approval comes during that period, my speculation might really be true. We still cannot be sure about your NC clearance, though (because I have seen a lot of people here mentioning that USCIS told them that NC was cleared, but later changed its word).

The reason I got this speculation was because I was not able to see many people on this forum with 4-5 months of waiting before their approvals. There are many approvals around 2-3 months recently. Also, there are many other approvals around 6th months too. However, I could hardly see people who got approvals on their 4th or 5th months of waiting.

Frankly speaking, I am not the internal guy nor an attorney. So, believing my speculation or not is totally up to your decisions.

herenthere said:
I'm hoping this theory is true (which means that I can expect them to approve my case in 3 months) but I doubt it is. My namecheck (at least according to a TSC rep on the phone and an Infopass appointment) seems to have been cleared back in November, but my I-140/I-485 are still pending with no LUDs since the first one. Also, both my AP and EAD took a very long time to get approved, so maybe there is something special going on in my case or maybe I am stuck in the FBI namecheck, but if I'm not, then I should have been approved a while ago.

I do not understand what you are saying. Did you say 'UNDER REVIEW'?

How could they tell you that your NC had been cleared before and, now, that your case is under review because that 'UNDER REVIEW' usually (but not always) means your NC has not been cleared. If what you are saying is true, your case must have been neglected for several months by TSC, somehow.

BaliUSA said:
I do not agree with this theory,

My name check ahs been cleared within 2 months of filing, No one even checked it just after the 6 month period.
I had to open the case and got a letter that is is Pending and under review.

So this theory is NOT TRUE - at least in my case;

That was the concern of mine, too.

If my speculation is correct, it only means that TSC would not approve the cases which are already pre-adjudicated and got NC clearance later until the cases reach the processing time. I still do not want to believe my own speculation because of it. We may be able to get the clearer idea about this when we have some more statistical data.

ladude10 said:
Good observation, your theory seems close,
1) That explains why some ppl gets very fast approval
2) Then some gets after TSC reaches to there published dates
3) and some after very long time after there SC getting cleared.

But I have one question
Suppose your pre-adjudication is done and TSC receives SC clearance before reaches to there published dates for that candidate, do they at least update there database?
I am trying to figure out some cases getting LUD but no message change no RFE. I wonder it may be their SC is cleared but TSC would approved their case only after they reaches to published dates (i.e july 2006)

mitra88 said:
I do not understand what you are saying. Did you say 'UNDER REVIEW'?

How could they tell you that your NC had been cleared before and, now, that your case is under review because that 'UNDER REVIEW' usually (but not always) means your NC has not been cleared. If what you are saying is true, your case must have been neglected for several months by TSC, somehow.

that is what the letter says... online status says case received and pending.

In August I called twice and the I was told Name check and background had been cleared... some agents used to tell it -some Not.

Now they have made it specific not to tell anything with an excuse that they do not have access to personal files

If you're stuck in namecheck no point in asking for status after one month. They'll simply come back with "Sorry, you're stuck in namecheck". And tell you not to enquire in next 6 months.

NAYAK said:
Not touched since Oct 12th. Called a month ago ..background check not completed.

Waiting from 2001 ....want to wait till the date is one month past processing date... Any suggestions gurus ?

INDIA/EB2-PD -08/2001
140/485 RD - 06/26/06 TSC
FP/EAD AD /AP AD --07/10/06---07/20/06---08/01/06
140-AD - 08/18/06
I-485 LUD : 07/12/06, 09/15/06, 10/11/06, 10/12/06

Gurus, Please help!

Gurus, Please help me answer the following questions: Many many thanks!

mpore said:
I would like to request advice from the experienced members of this group on the following questions:

1. How to expedite approval of my I-485?
2. If I have a lawyer, can I still call the USCIS to enquire about my status? Is there a specific manner in which I should make these calls?
3. Finally, are there anybody here with similar case profile as mine (see below) who are still awaiting approval?

Below's a brief description of my case:

EB-1
I-140 filed August 2003, approved April 2006
I-485 filed February 2004, pending
LUD is October 2006

Kindly help me please; I will be very grateful for your help.

File WOM

The only way you can expedite I-485 is by filing Writ of Mandamus (WOM). You can file it yourself. It costs about $350 and you should get an approval within 1-2 weeks of filing WOM. Since your case is from 2004, you should have no problem winning WOM.

mpore said:
Gurus, Please help me answer the following questions: Many many thanks!

msabir said:
The only way you can expedite I-485 is by filing Writ of Mandamus (WOM). You can file it yourself. It costs about $350 and you should get an approval within 1-2 weeks of filing WOM. Since your case is from 2004, you should have no problem winning WOM.

Hi msabir;

Are you planning on filing WOM?

My 485 RD is 11/05. When TSC processing date gets passed one year(11/06) I will file mine.

andy