• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

You have the point correct but who will solve this. Will Britsimon talk to the lawyers on this discrepancy?
Nobody! I understand, that could be a reason of our final lose. And I'm telling again - I'm appreciated the Brit Simon, Charles Kuck and AILA! You made so much for us! You still fighting! But one guy stole our chance and everything you did for us. You'll see, most of the embassies will not issue group 3 even if judge would decide to extend deadline. Tnx you guys again!

Nobody! I understand, that could be a reason of our final lose. And I'm telling again - I'm appreciated the Brit Simon, Charles Kuck and AILA! You made so much for us! You still fighting! But one guy stole our chance and everything you did for us. You'll see, most of the embassies will not issue group 3 even if judge would decide to extend deadline. Tnx you guys again!
Calm done dear. The judge is going to either
1 reserve visas for DV 2020 till congress is able to determine to extend it or
2 extend the deadline.
Remember this judge is very smart! You cant predict him.

2 extend the deadline.
The judge is very smart, but he cannot change the law, or force congress to change the law.

2 extend the deadline.

I think only the first option is doable
Extend the fiscal year can be done only by the congress and unfortunately the congress and political parties are busy with the epic elections

I wish I could get through to you.

2 extend the deadline.

The judge is not going to change the law, or suggest that congress change the law. The reason he is even considering an extension is because an unlawful act should not benefit the person or organization that acted unlawfully.

The judge has already decided that the government acted unlawfully in this case. He has already decided, without the defendants contesting the point that there is irreparable harm being done. So the consideration for the Judge is whether to give back the time unlawfully taken.

Its by no means a slam dunk, but the Judge is very seriously considering it. He has asked for the report due today to assess whether the government have reacted well enough to the order to avoid the remedy. To my mind, they have not done enough. And some embassies continued arbitrary and capricious behavior. The judge was passed the government continued to apply the regional bans, and issued a completely unambiguous rebuke and new order about that.

Frankly the government have argued weakly from a weak position, and have not acted in good faith as they were ordered to do. I fully understand the statutory deadline, but I am about 50/50 whether we will see an extension or not.

The judge is not going to change the law, or suggest that congress change the law. The reason he is even considering an extension is because an unlawful act should not benefit the person or organization that acted unlawfully.

The judge has already decided that the government acted unlawfully in this case. He has already decided, without the defendants contesting the point that there is irreparable harm being done. So the consideration for the Judge is whether to give back the time unlawfully taken.

Its by no means a slam dunk, but the Judge is very seriously considering it. He has asked for the report due today to assess whether the government have reacted well enough to the order to avoid the remedy. To my mind, they have not done enough. And some embassies continued arbitrary and capricious behavior. The judge was passed the government continued to apply the regional bans, and issued a completely unambiguous rebuke and new order about that.

Frankly the government have argued weakly from a weak position, and have not acted in good faith as they were ordered to do. I fully understand the statutory deadline, but I am about 50/50 whether we will see an extension or not.

For anyone that listened to the hearing today, we can certainly see the the Judge is actively considering an extension. He is trying to decide what parameters should be used, as he believes setting aside ALL the visas up to 55k would be too much relief.

For anyone that listened to the hearing today, we can certainly see the the Judge is actively considering an extension. He is trying to decide what parameters should be used, as he believes setting aside ALL the visas up to 55k would be too much relief.
Final decision is on Monday?

Hi,
Do we pay the dv fees before or after the interview with consular officer?
I have an H1B visa and I am supposed to travel on 30/09.
I have an appointment for DV interview tomorrow and I am not sure If they will let me travel before 31/12. Therefore I want to ask the consular officer if I can get a permission to travel as planned. I am not sure if they will help , probably not. But in that case I will withdraw by DV application because it will have consequences on my job over there. I just don’t want to pay the fees to know at the end they will not let me travel. So dose anyone recently had an interview can help me with that. Do you pay fees before or after the interview?

Hi,
I have an appointment for DV interview tomorrow and I am not sure If they will let me travel before 31/12. Therefore I want to ask the consular officer if I can get a permission to travel as planned. I am not sure if they will help , probably not. But in that case I will withdraw by DV application because it will have consequences on my job over there. I just don’t want to pay the fees to know at the end they will not let me travel. So dose anyone recently had an interview can help me with that. Do you pay fees before or after the interview?
Per what I know in Accra Ghana embassy you will need to pay visa fee before the interview.. don't know of other embassies tho

Hi,
You pay the fees before the interview. It is a fee for the process of having an interview, it is not a payment for getting the outcome you want.
I have no idea if they will allow you to keep the H1B valid to use in the meanwhile, it is possible under the current circumstances. But if your current job is more important than a green card and you don’t want to risk the $330 I guess you can withdraw.
I presume you were already before in the US with this job given the ban on issuing H1s? If so why curious why you did not AOS?

[QUOTE="... sorry for us , we didn’t have money to pay the lawyers[/QUOT

Don't lose your hope like I did, and now I am ashamed :oops:. I am a nonplaintiff and had my interview yesterday. I am not done yet, as we have to do medicals, but things are moving. I do believe that there will be an extension.

Hi,

Depends which part of the world you are in . TheEmbassy here in Suva, Fiji only accepts cash either in USD or FJD at the cashier counter just where the administration and interview happens. Once you submit the documents and before your interview window, you pay your fee and proceed to wait to be called out for the face to face interview .