• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Trump’s new EO extends his April 22 order to temporarily ban green cards for certain groups of people outside the US.

In addition, the EO will suspend H-1B visas for specialized highly skilled workers, most H-2B visas for nonagricultural seasonal workers, most J-1 visas for exchange visitors, and the L-1 visa used by companies to internally transfer foreign employees to the US

Proclamation Suspending Entry of Aliens Who Present a Risk to the U.S. Labor Market Following the Coronavirus Outbreak

Do you think consulates have a back up plan regarding to this situation? Is "interview first, visa when ban lifts" type of approach possible by law? (dv2021 here)

Do you think consulates have a back up plan regarding to this situation? Is "interview first, visa when ban lifts" type of approach possible by law? (dv2021 here)

I don’t believe the embassies will have any justification for doing that. No point in interviewing people when there’s a visa ban in place.

So current H1B holder fine too? and able to be sponsored by their employers for PR?

I haven’t fully read the EO, I can’t comment on that. And I still wouldn’t be able to comment on it even after the full reading, this is a DV lottery forum.

I don’t believe the embassies will have any justification for doing that. No point in interviewing people when there’s a visa ban in place.

Hope is the poor man's bread :/. Then have to hope they gonna somehow "do interviews fast" since my CN is 30k.

Is that extension mean the end of dv lottery 2020, right? Or is there something we can do or hope will happen?

The DV lottery is affected guys...unfortunately...nobody wants this more than I do but we have to say the facts. I do hope the class action lawsuit lights some hope though

Hello everyone,

I always follow this tread but I have never posted. It a sad news for us all but never lose hope because we have seen in the past Trump's immigration laws being denied by the Supreme court.
Let me tell you my situation if anyone can give me some advice:
I am currently living in the US on pending asylum and I have been told that my chance is very low if not zero to adjust my status in the US. So I changed my case to CP and wanted to do that in a third country since I can't go back to my country. I get my Advanced parole and waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I think the proclamation doesn't affect me since I live in the US the day the proclamation was out and I have my advanced parole document to return back to the US. I wanted to ask if you guys think is possible for me to do so?? or should I change it to AOS and give it a shot?

The Referee has decided its a red card to all the players
And DJT will still give his opponents a run for their money unfortunately SMH
Sorry guys, the best we can do is to wait and wait and see and see

The Referee has decided its a red card to all the players
And DJT will still give his opponents a run for their money unfortunately SMH
Sorry guys, the best we can do is to wait and wait and see and see
Maybe dv2021 winners, I think us of 2020 don’t have nothing to wait or see. It is the end. There are only 3 months remaining and no sign of embassies reopening , in addition to the ban.

Hi guys. Do you know if it is possible to withdraw ds260 form? I dont wanna show any immigration intent since i have a plan to study there later