• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Meaning the government wants to buy time or what. They should get us the TRO quickly.
Its not easy loosing this big chance;Loss of appetite and sleepless nights
Meaning if the cases are all essentially about the same thing it makes sense to have one case/one judge dealing with it. Why waste everyone’s time duplicating it however many times? (I lost track of the number now)

Meaning if the cases are all essentially about the same thing it makes sense to have one case/one judge dealing with it. Why waste everyone’s time duplicating it however many times? (I lost track of the number now)
Its good but time is running out.

What does it mean? My english is not good enough to understand this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-02-14-40-06-395_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-02-14-40-06-395_com.android.chrome.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 132
What does it mean? My english is not good enough to understand this.
It says what we’ve been saying all along, that trying to reserve DV2020 visas for issuance in a later year isn’t likely to be legally allowed even if a judge grants that as relief, so the only real relief to DV applicants is to issue an injunction against (stop) the proclamation.

Legal English is hard for most people to understand!!

DrMvTrump Curtis Morrison case Updates. Calendar Committee for US District Court for District of Columbia has reassigned the judge today to Amit P. Mehta a judge who has refused to block Donald Trump's proclamation of April that suspended immigrant visas including DV visas. very bad news for DV 2020 and even 2021 as if the xxxxxx Trump wins, he will extend his proclamation

Attachments

• bad.png
    bad.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
DrMvTrump Curtis Morrison case Updates. Calendar Committee for US District Court for District of Columbia has reassigned the judge today to Amit P. Mehta a judge who has refused to block Donald Trump's proclamation of April that suspended immigrant visas including DV visas. very bad news for DV 2020 and even 2021 as if the xxxxxx Trump wins, he will extend his proclamation

If I understand it correctly (for example, here) he rejected cases previously because the plaintiffs couldn't show that they were being harmed. The embassies were closed anyway, and I think the plaintiffs were people who didn't have deadlines. I think that has been addressed this time, so I don't think the same logic will apply.

If I understand it correctly (for example) he rejected cases previously because the plaintiffs couldn't show that they were being harmed. The embassies were closed anyway, and I think the plaintiffs were people who didn't have deadlines. I think that has been addressed this time, so I don't think the same logic will apply.
I hope so

Keep the language clean please!

If I understand it correctly (for example, here) he rejected cases previously because the plaintiffs couldn't show that they were being harmed. The embassies were closed anyway, and I think the plaintiffs were people who didn't have deadlines. I think that has been addressed this time, so I don't think the same logic will apply.

The coffeemonster is correct. It's not bad news at all - that judge was fair, but the Hacking case had the flaw of not being able to show harm.

I don't. I have hope for this.

I mean, the lawsuites cannot be in limbo between filing and hearing forever. It's time for some real news, because time's almost up for DV20. Let's hope that the justice is on our side on this.

But I think Britsimon explained that this isn’t a class case.
Only those who committed would benefit.
We wish ourselves the best.
All the cases has been assigned to one judge and he will sit on the cases on Friday. That is my understanding if what hopesdeliverance information is something to go by.