• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Yeah, got it. After seeing Brit Simons latest videos I don’t have much hope left for my case anymore.. unfortunately. It would be great if something unexpected would happen but when then I’m in a bad spot. There are only very few selectees from my country this year and I thought that this might help my case but all in all it looks pretty bad for my group now. Let’s wait and see what will happen...
Iam really sorry to hear that, I hope AILA's lawsuit works out.

Let's wait and see.... KCC might surprise us ... They may process some documents if the EO allows processing of DV cases ....

Hmmm, I think no.
As I know, but may be I'm wrong, if you have bachelor degree in medical professions, like my wife ( physician), you need only to pass exam to get RN license. No need to study 2 years (only if you want to get nurse diploma bachelor degree, but you can work without it but for less salary) My education is - English language philologist and I also have nurse diploma, because in my university we had additional medical education (need to study 1-2 years to be passed to NR exam). But main applicant is my wife. So, I need to tell consular, that according to sec B, (iii) of 10014(not second P.P.), it's not difficult to get license and stand with medical workers of US against COVID-19. I hope it should work.
Second challenge is to get emergency appointment. But I think our embassy would be opened and I don't need to find way how to get an appointment
Tnx for your replies and opinions!
Well, this happens to be my field so NO, there is not a single state where you will get a nursing license just because you have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Sciences. With Nursing, you specifically have to have studied nursing in an accredited program that will have to be adjudged as equivalent to US standards. Even then, foreign-trained nurses are only considered for visas is they are being sponsored by an employer, and that is potentially after taking the required NCLEX licensing exams.
As for Medical Practice, that also is not clear-cut because you equally have to be sponsored by a residency program, and that happens after taking and passing USMLE exams which would not take anything less than 2 years to complete.

We have 2 challenge. 1 exceptions of Dv. 2 emergency appointment for both P.P.+covid closure of all embassies. 1- is not so difficult to prove. 2- you'd better have job offer or already have license. This is normal for h1b, because you were working there before or prepared special for that. Because h1b means, that you should be already ready. But we are DV winners and chance to be ready doctor or nurse for US is about 0% but he made this exceptions for 10014, before June and job visa ban. I hope you understand what I mean, and what I'm going to explain to consular if I get there. 6 month + is not my choice, it's a procedure time from you apply for exam and exam
Yes, I understand what you mean, and have all along. I’m still just not convinced you have enough to convince the CO that you qualify for an exception right now. Of course I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you manage to do so. Please keep us updated.

We have 2 challenge. 1 exceptions of Dv. 2 emergency appointment for both P.P.+covid closure of all embassies. 1- is not so difficult to prove. 2- you'd better have job offer or already have license. This is normal for h1b, because you were working there before or prepared special for that. Because h1b means, that you should be already ready. But we are DV winners and chance to be ready doctor or nurse for US is about 0% but he made this exceptions for 10014, before June and job visa ban. I hope you understand what I mean, and what I'm going to explain to consular if I get there. 6 month + is not my choice, it's a procedure time from you apply for exam and exam

The intent of the exception clause was for medical professionals who can hit the ground and immediately start running, I believe the COs will take that into consideration in deciding eligibility for an emergency visa approval. So please be sure to return and give us an update after trying for this as planned.

Not to mention that the places doing those exams may not be operating at normal capacity and you may not even be able to get to sit the exam for some time.
As both Susie and Mom have said, the medical exemption is for people who have the ability to begin work immediately - neither of you are in a position to do that.
By all means, you should try - the worst they can say is NO. But don't be disappointed if that is the answer they give you.

I just found this update from DOShttp://ow.ly/sXqG50ABB48

Exceptions under P.P. 10052 and 10014 for certain travel in the national interest by nonimmigrants
  • Applicants who are subject to aging out of their current immigrant visa classification before the relevant P.P.s expire or within two weeks thereafter @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom Does this apply to DV winners??

No. It is for other visa classes whether the child is the subject of the case.

Hey, i read on one of the Plaintiffs askes the court "Alternatively, in equity, extend the validity period of the Diversity Visa-2020 selectees to September 30, 2021." my question is does the court has the power to order to do that?

Hey, i read on one of the Plaintiffs askes the court "Alternatively, in equity, extend the validity period of the Diversity Visa-2020 selectees to September 30, 2021." my question is does the court has the power to order to do that?
No, this has been the subject of discussion before. If that’s the Curtis suit it’s apparently a pressure attempt or something.

No, its not the curtis suit. its pro bono suit which filed last week which BritSimon involved.
Well, principle doesn’t change, a judge can’t do that. Apparently a congressperson Meng has advanced legislation to do the same thing however, and my understanding (without doing too much research so limited) is that would actually work if it is successful, because it would be a law passed by Congress.