trips over 6 mos - interview approaching..

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no damage guys! relax, I'm a great american, I've been listening to Sean Hannity show long before becoming citizen:)

All the best from a great american!

You are a great American because you have been listening to Sean Hannity?:rolleyes:

"when at my citizenship interview I had my Passport and "THE BLUE" travel document put on the desk in front of the IO's eyes and he asked me to put them on the chair, so obviously he saw I had a travel document which I received after I sent my application, so if he wanted he could ask me to take a look inside the Travel Document, knowing that anyone who has it, is for the purpuse of staying over 6 months overseas and not putting in danger the GC."

I agree with your point.
The IO should have checked your passport .
It is sad to see how people are after you , criticizing you to bring down your moral but suppose it happened with one of their family member what they could have done?
Call USCIS ?

I agree with your point.
It is mandatory to list all the trips regardless of whether the IO looks in your passport.
It is sad to see how people are after you , criticizing you to bring down your moral but suppose it happened with one of their family member what they could have done?
Call USCIS ?
If one of family my members was in the same situation, I would tell advise them to list all the trips, providing an updated N-400 sheet at the interview. If they get denied they can reapply after waiting a few years.

Hi
Jackolantern,

I think may be after sending the application he (adi325) realized that he did not mentioned the 2 long trips.
Many applicant prefer to not mention before 5 years travel for fear of getting question from IO.
According to me one has to state all travel happened after getting the green card.
BUt do you think all are 100% honest at the time of interview?
There was a case ( I read here) 2 re entry permits , working abroad, traveling 6 months - 6months got approved without asking any question.
HOw do we know if he would have mentioned that 2 long trips he would not have approved.
Each IO is different in handling the case.
Calling him /her fraud is very sad thing.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
"when at my citizenship interview I had my Passport and "THE BLUE" travel document put on the desk in front of the IO's eyes and he asked me to put them on the chair, so obviously he saw I had a travel document which I received after I sent my application, so if he wanted he could ask me to take a look inside the Travel Document, knowing that anyone who has it, is for the purpose of staying over 6 months overseas and not putting in danger the GC."

I agree with your point.
Call USCIS ?

No chance to bring down my moral, I'm laughing at them seeing how many bad people live in USA. Personally I think, that travelling 1 or 2 times over 6 months during the 5 year period, especially for the ones that do not have their families with them should be OK, is not fair to disqualify you and deny your citizenship and wait another 3-4 years because you went to study or stay with your family. I just think they exagerate.

On top of all this, the time required to stay in USA with GC is at least half of the 5 year period, I stayed 4 years continuously, perhaps the IO verified this and that is why he did not even bother to ask about travelling:)

You were required to disclose them at interview or oath. If you didn't, you with held a materiel fact and are exposing yourself to possible future denaturalization. Were the travel dates stamped on your passport or on the blue book? Did the IO ask you if had traveled since sending in application?

The travel dates were stamped, ofcourse. IO did not ask anything about travelling, do you want his name to make a complaint??

If I would have posted after my interview and said I got DENIED, I bet everybody would have been very happy and feel good and maybe throw in a "sorry", am I right?

Well that's not the case, so deal with it:) :) :)

Fool yourself as much as you want, but the facts are:

1) You were not eligible for naturalization because you failed to meet the continuous residence requirement.

2) You knowingly lied on the N-400 form to hide your ineligibility - which is fraud by any definition.

3) The USCIS has all the information to detect this fraud at any time.

If you had played by the rules you would have delayed your citizenship by a couple of years. Instead, you chose to commit a crime that, if detected, could potentially bar you from getting citizenship permanently.

1) I met the continuous residence requirement by staying 4 years in US and travelling after that.
2) I did not lie in my N-400, travelling was done after I sent the application and not prior.
3) There is NOT any fraud to be detected.

If I would have played by the rules I would have been an idiot to mention something that I'm not asked and get denied (I'm sure even the IO would have call me an idiot in his mind) and definitely I would have never forget it to myself what an idiot I was.

There was a case ( I read here) 2 re entry permits , working abroad, traveling 6 months - 6months got approved without asking any question.
HOw do we know if he would have mentioned that 2 long trips he would not have approved.
We don't know what would have happened. But it still was a material fact that deliberately was not disclosed. There were TWO undisclosed trips that were each long enough to create a presumption of breaking residence.
Each IO is different in handling the case.
Calling him /her fraud is very sad thing.
We call it as we see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I met the continuous residence requirement by staying 4 years in US and travelling after that.
2) I did not lie in my N-400, travelling was done after I sent the application and not prior.
3) There is NOT any fraud to be detected.

If I would have played by the rules I would have been an idiot to mention something that I'm not asked and get denied (I'm sure even the IO would have call me an idiot in his mind) and definitely I would have never forget it to myself what an idiot I was.
Tell it to the judge in your denaturalization hearing. You don't need to convince us and you aren't convincing us.

There is nothing & nobody to convince. Those are real facts.

Knock, knock, knock, …..
Sorry, it is not Mr. Opportunity knocking on the door. It is Mr. CIS ….

I believe CIS/CBP has their guys watching this forum, so it may be too late now for the OP to do anything but pretending strong and dismissing any arguments cracking his nerves.

Mr. Rajiv has been encouraging people not to big-mouth such fraudulent behavior on this forum. He mentioned previously he had to surrender to DHS on subpoena the IP address of the poster who big-mouthed her fraudulent activities with the immigration service.

Knock, knock, knock, …..
Sorry, it is not Mr. Opportunity knocking on the door. It is Mr. CIS ….

I believe CIS/CBP has their guys watching this forum, so it may be too late now for the OP to do anything but pretending strong and dismissing any arguments cracking his nerves.

Mr. Rajiv has been encouraging people not to big-mouth such fraudulent behavior on this forum. He mentioned previously he had to surrender to DHS on subpoena the IP address of the poster who big-mouthed her fraudulent activities with the immigration service.

There is not any fraudulent behavior or activities, we are just pro & con about travelling issues and interview experiences.

There is not any fraudulent behavior or activities, we are just pro & con about travelling issues and interview experiences.

I can see you are trying vigorously to water down the fraudulent behaviors, but the hole may be too big to fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.