Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

Things are also different for derivative asylees. Much more leeway to travel, renew, etc, depending on feasibility and level of comfort.

Hi, my case got approved May 2019, I plan to go to Europe to see my family out of my home country. I am little confused about fees and which document I am applying for, does anybody know what is the fee for asylee for refuge travel document or I am applying for something else like reentry permit/AP? Thank you so much

You're applying for a refugee travel document. An RTD is good for only 1 year but you can travel to a handful of countries without first having to get a visa.

A reentry permit can also be used to travel and it's good for 2 years. However you'll have to get a visa for any country you want to visit. So it depends on your situation.

The fee depends on your age. Assuming you're applying for an RTD and are 16-79 years old, the fee is $220.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Hi i applied for gc in may but i did not apply for travel document.
I read in Uscis website if i applied for i485 so the there is no $0 fees for travel document.Is that true?

I'm asylee with pending GC and I have RTD. Do I need Advanced Parole to travel? My lawyer said yes so I applied, I'm still waiting. Now I'm reading here I don't need AP. What should I do? Travel without AP or wait for it?

I'm asylee with pending GC and I have RTD. Do I need Advanced Parole to travel? My lawyer said yes so I applied, I'm still waiting. Now I'm reading here I don't need AP. What should I do? Travel without AP or wait for it?
No you don't need. If you have valid RTD.

Hello guys,
My asylum case just got approved in July and I planning to travel to Dubai to meet my girlfriend. I am just wondering what are the procedures to apply for RTD? And what are the cons travelling outside of US with the RTD before getting PR. Is there anyone who travel outside of US with the RTD?

Hello guys,
My asylum case just got approved in July and I planning to travel to Dubai to meet my girlfriend. I am just wondering what are the procedures to apply for RTD? And what are the cons travelling outside of US with the RTD before getting PR. Is there anyone who travel outside of US with the RTD?

Congratulations on the approval!! There are many experiences of people here who have traveled out of the US with RTD. It's perfectly fine as long as it's a short vacation abroad. Unfortunately, Dubai (United Arab Emirates) does not recognize a refugee travel document at all. So you will not be able to obtain a visa to travel there. You'll have to travel to a different country that accepts RTD as a valid document.

When I am applying for RTD do I have to write specific reason why I am travelling to Germany(for example) or I can just say vacation or visit family member? I am asylee without green card, I really worry about reentry any recommendations should I go before green card or I should be fine whit asylum guarantee status. Thanks a lot !

When I am applying for RTD do I have to write specific reason why I am travelling to Germany(for example) or I can just say vacation or visit family member? I am asylee without green card, I really worry about reentry any recommendations should I go before green card or I should be fine whit asylum guarantee status. Thanks a lot !
You just say whatever reason you are traveling. They don't care. What they care about is whether you are going back to your country of persecution.

Whatever the reason for travel is, be truthful. It's really not that hard.

Hi guys, my case got approved 2 months ago. So now I am an asylee. I want to go to third country to meet up with my girlfriend and get married there, is it possible to get her to USA?

Hi guys, my case got approved 2 months ago. So now I am an asylee. I want to go to third country to meet up with my girlfriend and get married there, is it possible to get her to USA?

#1. You cannot sponsor your wife if you get married after being granted asylum. You'll have to wait until you become a permanent resident (green card) or a citizen if you want to sponsor your wife.

#2.This isn't the right thread for this question. If you have further questions about this subject, please find an appropriate thread or start a new one.

Hi, Guys .I have a question about I-131.my current statues is asylee. I applied rtd and waiting for the decsion. However, I plan to submit my I 485( based on marriage) , so can I still apply for 1-31 (AP) during the pending time or I must wait the rtd first?

One more question. If I listed only 1 country on my I-131 application and I want to visit few more countries in Europe is it gonna be problem on the US border or I should go only in country that I put on my list ? Thanks !

One more question. If I listed only 1 country on my I-131 application and I want to visit few more countries in Europe is it gonna be problem on the US border or I should go only in country that I put on my list ? Thanks !

If you know you'd be visiting specific countries, say so. Usually not a big deal, but be honest and try not to be evasive, simple as that.

Unless you're trying to hide something (based on your asylum claim), you have nothing to worry about if you decide to go to countries you did not mention.