Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

It doesn't matter that you have a Brazilian passport. What matters is do you feel safe using the passport, or would you be risking your safety with regards to Brazilian authorities by doing so? If you think you are safe, and this is consistent with your asylum claim, then there are no problems. This is just to cover your bases for when you apply for naturalisation, in case they question you about it - they will likely ignore it, though. Re-entering the US will not be an issue, but you will be asked for either a passport or RTD/RP.

If you decide to get an RTD, the Netherlands wouldn't require a visa, and will not issue you one. You'd have to get one from Italy or France, whichever country you will spend more time in; if the time spent in each will be the same, then get it from France, your point of entry into the Schengen zone.

Hello all!
I have a couple of questions regarding traveling outside the U.S. me being an asylee and a GC holder. My spouse and I have plans to attend a wedding this November in India and after I plan to visit Italy and France. My flight leaves San Francisco connecting in Amsterdam then off to Delhi. Then on my way back I'll stop in Rome via Paris, then I'll fly to Paris then back to the U.S. Questions are: Do I need a RTD to travel abroad even if I have a GC, or can I use my NP to enter these countries? I don't want the fact of using my NP to be an issue when going through my Naturalization interview in a couple of years. Also will I need visas to visit this countries (India, Netherlands, Italy, France) if I use a RTD? Do these countries and airlines recognize the USCIS RTD?
Thank you so much!
I received my green card through asylum. I was a derivative Asylee and my wife was the principal. On sept 25th 2016, I travelled to her COP, Liberia through dulles airport. I travelled with my national passport. Upon my return, I was asked by cbp if I was coming from Liberia. I said yes. He then asked me how I got my green card. I told him through derivative asylum. He then marked my paper for secondary inspection. I went to the backroom and they took my passport and green card. After 2 hours they called me and give me my passport and green card. I asked if they were done and they said yes.. I took it and left. They asked me no question during my 2 hours wait.

This situation is different because you went to the country of your wife's persecution. miguelp35 will not be going to Brazil.

Hello I'm in the process of adjustment status ,I already have all my receipts and have completed my biometrics ..I completed my biometrics July 25th 2016 ,right after I requested an expedited travel document ,its now November 5th and I'm trying to be home for the 1st ofDecember 2016 for my sisters having a baby,my attorney spoke to uscis and they said that they are preparing my travel document and should be ready in about a month ...should I just leave home and have it mailed to me?

Do you have a passport? If you're comfortable going to your COP then go for it, but be prepared for the chance of being questioned when you re-enter, and/or during your naturalisation interview.

Hi,
I'm getting confused, too muucch! awful. so I'm asking for your help.
My husband and I aren't from the same country. My husband is the principal applicant for asylum, in texas.
I still have tourist visa for 2 years, and I need to go to a country which it's not my citizenship country (it's urgent).
Can I leave USA and come back without any trouble?
Am I going to be cancelled from the asylum file?
Will my husband be, too?

Thank you so much to take a time to answer me and clarify me this situation :(

Dou

I think you may need to speak with an immigration officer for this one. However, it seems standard procedure for pending cases to file for an Advanced Parole.

however, it seems that you are NOT the asylum applicant. If you entered the US on the visa and are still within the visa time limits (max 90 days stay for visitors and other terms for other visas) then you should be fine to leave and come back. Check your I94 stamp, it should say how long your stay is valid for. The length of the visa sticker doesn't matter, only what immigration stamps on your passport matters. If you have overstayed that stamp time limit then you won't be able to come back.

Dou

I think you may need to speak with an immigration officer for this one. However, it seems standard procedure for pending cases to file for an Advanced Parole.

however, it seems that you are NOT the asylum applicant. If you entered the US on the visa and are still within the visa time limits (max 90 days stay for visitors and other terms for other visas) then you should be fine to leave and come back. Check your I94 stamp, it should say how long your stay is valid for. The length of the visa sticker doesn't matter, only what immigration stamps on your passport matters. If you have overstayed that stamp time limit then you won't be able to come back.
Thank you so much for your response... I'm glad to hear this news... actually, the stamp is for 6 months and I'm staying for less..
Very good news thank you again

Stamp may be for 6 months but on a tourist visa you can stay up to 6 months, and not continuously. Max stay per stay should be 90 days. Essentially, you can enter twice, 90 days each time for a total of 180 days or as many times as you want, again for a max of 180 days. Going to Canada/Mexico/Caribbeans does not count as leaving the US.

You're wrong. It's 90 days on the VWP, but six months can be given (CONTINUOUSLY) for someone with a B2 visa. This lets the holder stay for a full six months at a go.

But the issue here, and I don't know for sure, is leaving while an application for asylum is pending. You should be sure that you will be ok before taking this trip.

Yeah! I've B2 Visa..
Thanks all for you answers... I'm gonna to take this trip. And I'll keep you in touch..
Have a nice day

Hi guys,

I'm a green card holder (Asylum based). I have a valid Refugee Travel Document that was issued to me by USCIS 3 months ago... I am going to travel to Malaysia for vacation (not my home country) in 2 weeks. Now, that Mr Trump is in the office and is planning on restricting asylees/refugees from entering the country. What does this mean exactly for someone like me?

Should I be worried? Should I cancel my trip and just stay in the country? Will I have issues entering USA from my vacation? Can USCIC revoke my greencard and already granted asylee status with Trump's immigration policies/executive orders?

Mr Trump is planning on banning all refugee admissions for 120 days fro all countries, doe sthis mean only NEW applicants? People who want to become refugees? Or does it apply to people who already are refugees/asylees?

Hi guys,

I'm a green card holder (Asylum based). I have a valid Refugee Travel Document that was issued to me by USCIS 3 months ago... I am going to travel to Malaysia for vacation (not my home country) in 2 weeks. Now, that Mr Trump is in the office and is planning on restricting asylees/refugees from entering the country. What does this mean exactly for someone like me?

Should I be worried? Should I cancel my trip and just stay in the country? Will I have issues entering USA from my vacation? Can USCIC revoke my greencard and already granted asylee status with Trump's immigration policies/executive orders?

Mr Trump is planning on banning all refugee admissions for 120 days fro all countries, doe sthis mean only NEW applicants? People who want to become refugees? Or does it apply to people who already are refugees/asylees?

Based on the text of the signed executive order (signed Friday afternoon), the temporary ban of the refugee program applies only to new refugees, not those already approved or those who have a green card. BUT if you are originally from one of the seven countries named in the order (Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen), you will be banned from entry into the United States, whether or not you have a valid visa, whether or not you have a green card.

Hi Everybody, I'm a Green Card holder (Asylum based).
I don't have a RTD and have never traveled outside the states.
However I'm planning on going to Tijuana (Driving) to visit my wife's relatives for couple days.
QUESTION: Do I need the RTD document or Mexican Visa to enter to Mexico and come back to the states?
Any experiences and / or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks and Good Luck to everybody .

So, dear friends, I need your help again.

IJ approved my case end of 2018.
In Dec 2018 I applied for REFUGEE TRAVEL DOC (i-131).
Today I received approval letter which says
"we have approved your application for reentry permit"
I am little but worried, I applied for RTD not reentry. I do not have green card yet...
is this normal?

thank you!