Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

As some of you mention Germany is visa free for who travel with RTD. I just talked to operator from German consular in NY. They told me yes I can travel to Germany with RTD but they would only let me fly back to US from there and they won't let me fly different country from Germany. Anybody know anything about this ? I email their visa department to make sure but no respond yet.

As some of you mention Germany is visa free for who travel with RTD. I just talked to operator from German consular in NY. They told me yes I can travel to Germany with RTD but they would only let me fly back to US from there and they won't let me fly different country from Germany. Anybody know anything about this ? I email their visa department to make sure but no respond yet.
You can only use trains or busses or rent car but you won’t be able to fly through europe from germany! Which countries do you wanna go? I can help you on that

Really? I flew to Italy from Berlin, Munich to Paris and Milan, Amsterdam, Prague with RTD only. I think if you ask the consular they will only give you answer by what it written in the book! I never been to Cypus but since Cyprus is not part of Schengen you will be exiting Schengen from Germany to Cyprus!

Really? I flew to Italy from Berlin, Munich to Paris and Milan, Amsterdam, Prague with RTD only. I think if you ask the consular they will only give you answer by what it written in the book! I never been to Cypus but since Cyprus is not part of Schengen you will be exiting Schengen from Germany to Cyprus!
Thanks for the answer
I will have my Cyprus Visa when I'm leaving Germany and I don't have a Schengen visa

Really? Is that a new laws? I flew to Italy from Berlin, Munich to Paris and Milan, Amsterdam, Prague. I think if you ask the consular they will only give you answer by what it written in the book! I never been to Cypus but since Cyprus is not part of Schengen you will be exiting Schengen
Thanks for the answer
I will have my Cyprus Visa when I'm leaving Germany and I don't have a Schengen visa
Ok that's great, but you don't need schengen visa to visit Germany, and some other schengen countries!

Hi all, anyone applied Visa to travel to Norway? I’m a green card holder with refugee travel document
I will advice you to take a Norwegian visa which won't be difficult cos you have a GC and RTD or any other Schengen country and embark on your trip. Don't follow all these assumptions people are throwing in this group. Yeah Germany is visa free to RTD but not the whole Schengen. If you are caught without a visa in other Schengen states that requires u to carry a Visa they might not make a big issue but that will affect u in the long run when traveling there again.
Norway is one of the most strict Schengen countries when entering thru train cos they randomly enter enter check the train.
Those who enter Germany and travel to other states without issues did so because they most often check but boarding passes within Schengen states.
I will strongly advise u to apply for Norwegian visa or other easy Schengen states visa

Can green card holder based on Asylum travel to home country? is there any way/tip/solution to travel home country ? If go to Mexico with green card and fly to home country and back to Mexico and enter US with green card any harm ?

Can green card holder based on Asylum travel to home country? is there any way/tip/solution to travel home country ? If go to Mexico with green card and fly to home country and back to Mexico and enter US with green card any harm ?
My lawyer told me yes you can visit your country with your green card but her advise is not to go until you become a Citizen, unless you are derivative asylum!

Can you enter through Germany and leave from another country like the Netherlands? Or you have to fly from the same country gave you entrance stamp to the Schengen area!?
i dont know. I bought a round trip ticket from JFK to Cyprus with connection flight in London and everything went smooth

I used my RTD to travel to the Netherlands, Germany and Bosnia and Herzegovina and came back to US. No Green Card.
At the Amsterdam airport they asked me why I carry that document and if I have Green Card or not. I explained and showed my GC application and he said okay. When leaving no questions.
At Sarajevo airport there was no questions at all.
Entering to Germany was easy but leaving was problem. At the check in counter they asked for second document GC, Visa or re entry permit. I explained the document was a proof for entry but she said when she scan the document system asks for permission to entry to USA. I gave GC application, Asylum approval letter. Supervisor came, she couldn't check in, as well. They took all the documents' photo and emailed somewhere. After 45 minutes they allowed me to check in.

At JFK, officer asked me where I was coming from, he asked me what is my nationality. He send us to secondary inspection for entry. We waited about 5-10 minutes and they gave us our passports. No questions at the secondary inspection.

I used my RTD to travel to the Netherlands, Germany and Bosnia and Herzegovina and came back to US. No Green Card.
At the Amsterdam airport they asked me why I carry that document and if I have Green Card or not. I explained and showed my GC application and he said okay. When leaving no questions.
Entering to Germany was easy but leaving was problem. At the check in counter they asked for second document GC, Visa or re entry permit. I explained the document was a proof for entry but she said when she scan the document system asks for permission to entry to USA. I gave GC application, Asylum approval letter. Supervisor came, she couldn't check in, as well. They took all the documents' photo and emailed somewhere. After 45 minutes they allowed me to check in.

At JFK, officer asked me where I was coming from, he asked me what is my nationality. He send us to secondary inspection for entry. We waited about 5-10 minutes and they gave us our passports. No questions at the secondary inspection.
Thanks for sharing your story. I have RTD with a UK visa ~ was thinking to go outside U.S.A. and visit U.K. but seems like my temper will never tolerate what you have gone through.

I arrived Germany today and the officer was telling me do you have European residency looool these people are stupid as hell like i carry US RTD and you tell me residence in Europe !!! She showed it to her friend and she said go and didn’t even stamp my travel document! Said the stamp is electronic tho!! Yeah i feel you the stupid desk service of the airlines make me feel like I’m criminal like for real got tired of their stupid questions! Hopefully days go through real quick and we hold the US passport to end that bs drama when you trying to travel