• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Travel With Baby

Maureen64

Hi,

I'm a DV 2018 winner. My CN is 2018AF19***.My problem is that, i would love to travel with my 9months old baby.But i have some questions about it.
1_ Is it a good option for me ?would it be easy for me to take of my baby upon arrival in the US ? What difficulties can i encounter ?
2_would not it be better to travel alone first, to settle and bring the child later ? I'm not financially prepared to take care of ourselves as soon as we arrive in the USA.
3_If i travel with the baby, will the US state help me with the care of the baby at first ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a DV 2018 winner. My CN is 2018AF19***.My problem is that, i would love to travel with my 9months old baby.But i have some questions about it.
1_ Is it a good option for me ?would it be easy for me to take of my baby upon arrival in the US ? What difficulties can i encounter ?
2_would not it be better to travel alone first, to settle and bring the child later ? I'm not financially prepared to take care of ourselves as soon as we arrive in the USA.
3_If i travel with the baby, will the US state help me with the care of the baby at first ?

Thank you

The answer to 3 is no.

It's impossible to answer 1 and 2 without any idea as to who would look after your baby back home or any other information about where you live, in which circumstances etc in either your home country or the US. Be aware that if you don't bring the baby with you, it doesn't get a green card and it may not be quite as easy as you think to send for it when you're ready - you will have to go through a formal process of sponsoring a new immigration visa for the child. All that even before you consider the emotional issues of leaving your baby for an unknown amount of time.

Continuation of @SusieQQQ 's comment, if you were to sponsor your baby/child as LPR (lawful permanent resident/green card holder) it would take you 2 years to petition for the child. And that is a long time!

yeah, without more details of who else is coming with you, where will you work etc, it is hard to comment, childcare maybe is cheaper/easier if you are at your home country where your family/extended family can help you, but that is the tradeoff you have to consider if you were to migrate to the USA.

Continuation of @SusieQQQ 's comment, if you were to sponsor your baby/child as LPR (lawful permanent resident/green card holder) it would take you 2 years to petition for the child. And that is a long time!

yeah, without more details of who else is coming with you, where will you work etc, it is hard to comment, childcare maybe is cheaper/easier if you are at your home country where your family/extended family can help you, but that is the tradeoff you have to consider if you were to migrate to the USA.
I plan to travel alone with my baby and i have no relatives in USA.I hope to look for work on site. But i do not know how to do since i would not have anyone on hand to watch over my baby.I plan to live in virginie, Will it be easy for me ?

I plan to travel alone with my baby and i have no relatives in USA.I hope to look for work on site. But i do not know how to do since i would not have anyone on hand to watch over my baby.I plan to live in virginie, Will it be easy for me ?

It won't be easy - no. There are childcare options available - that is what many American mothers do - but childcare is expensive - so depending on what you do for a living it may or may not be possible. A low paid job won't be sufficient to pay for childcare.