Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Urgent - EAD Question

Hi Guys

Congratulations for the all the guys who got GC and All the best for the guys waiting for Interview Letters.

Guys Please help me I have to renew my EAD . As my case has been transfered to DC office do I have to send my Applications to DC or VSC ?

Any help will be appreciated .

Hello immi1972,

My case was also transferred to the local office. I inquired with my lawyer and the National Cust. Serv. center Both say, need to file at the local office. I sent my case to the local DC office for renewal. I think H1Blayoff also renewed at the local office. you can call the National Customer service center and confirm that is the case, in your case also (funny sentence).

Hope that helps.

immi1972 said:
Hi Guys

Congratulations for the all the guys who got GC and All the best for the guys waiting for Interview Letters.

Guys Please help me I have to renew my EAD . As my case has been transfered to DC office do I have to send my Applications to DC or VSC ?

Any help will be appreciated .

I submitted a good two weeks back. I didnot receive any receipt notice yet, but I see my cheque was cashed. I would be calling Nat. Ser. Center later today. I will post what they would say about it.

immi1972 said:
Thank you Dude12

When did you submit and did you get the Receipt Notice ?

I was waiting with the hope that I'll receive the interview letter for my wife. But today I have decided to finally mail the application. I know these stupid folks will encash the cheque and not even bother to see why wasn't my wife scheduled for interview. They don't have a good system in place. Or it might be the other way. They have a good system and dumb people using them which makes things worse.

Anyways, my wife's EAD is expiring June 17. Hopefully she should get her interview letter by then else I'll have to beg them to give her EAD before the 90 days actually get counted.

i sent in my application to renew my third EAD last June. They cashed my cheque. Well, you know what? i never got my new EAD card. When I was at the interview, the officer asked me about my EAD. I told her what happened. She simply shook her head and said, "they are doing that a lot." So it appears, in my case at least, the officer was not concerned that they never sent me the new EAD. She was aware that both VSC and local offices are slacking in terms of renewing EADs.

H1Blayoff said:
I was waiting with the hope that I'll receive the interview letter for my wife. But today I have decided to finally mail the application. I know these stupid folks will encash the cheque and not even bother to see why wasn't my wife scheduled for interview. They don't have a good system in place. Or it might be the other way. They have a good system and dumb people using them which makes things worse.

Anyways, my wife's EAD is expiring June 17. Hopefully she should get her interview letter by then else I'll have to beg them to give her EAD before the 90 days actually get counted.

Dardenkoa said:
i sent in my application to renew my third EAD last June. They cashed my cheque. Well, you know what? i never got my new EAD card. When I was at the interview, the officer asked me about my EAD. I told her what happened. She simply shook her head and said, "they are doing that a lot." So it appears, in my case at least, the officer was not concerned that they never sent me the new EAD. She was aware that both VSC and local offices are slacking in terms of renewing EADs.

I am sure that the USCIS would love to encash the cheques first. They are aware that the service they render is not even close to the worth the money they take from us. Thats the reason I wanted to wait for EAD renewal till I could hear something from them. I tried contacting congressional office and haven't heard anything from them either. Looks like a black hole. I should have taken some steps to enquire about my wife's interview letter before heading for the interview but anyways. Gone is past.

Another thing that sucks is, the interview letter format and the list of documents are the same for employment based & family based cases. In my case I paid $300 for the medical but the officer never asked for it; which means they didn't want it. Then why the hell they make people spend thier hard earned money on things they don't bother to look or evaluate.

We should take some action against this dumb system and make these people realize how dumb they are. May be they should also go through the same pain that we have been through which will bring some kind of awareness among them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to apply EAD

I am new to this Forum. My 485 was trasnfered from Texas to Washington DC office. Its my EAD renawal time. Can someone tell me where to send my EAD renewal form?

I spoke to USCIS customer service and they asked me to send it to Chicago.

You need to send it to the Washington DC office if yours is an Employment based petition. If not then the Customer Service is right, you need to mail it to the Chicago lockbox.

Where to apply EAD

H1BLayOff,
Mine is employment based. They did asked me whether its employment based and they still asked me to send it to chicago. Per them chicago is helping out Washington DC office.

How long does it usually take???

My case(employment based) was transferred from the Vermont Center to the Washington Local Immigration Office in September, 2003. I haven’t heard anything since. The Internet Processing date is given as February 15, 2004, which is far past the transfer date. My 485 has now been pending for more than three years. During that time, I have renewed my EAD card three times. I just sent my 4th application to Chicago Office about 10 days ago. I am so tired of waiting..... Does anyone know how long it might take them to schedule an interview?? How could they just update their websites without finishing all the backlog?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

tired_2005 said:
My case(employment based) was transferred from the Vermont Center to the Washington Local Immigration Office in September, 2003. I haven’t heard anything since. The Internet Processing date is given as February 15, 2004, which is far past the transfer date. My 485 has now been pending for more than three years. During that time, I have renewed my EAD card three times. I just sent my 4th application to Chicago Office about 10 days ago. I am so tired of waiting..... Does anyone know how long it might take them to schedule an interview?? How could they just update their websites without finishing all the backlog?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I understand your frustration and so does everyone on this thread because each one of us has been through a hard phase in getting thier green card. You case is quite old and we have seen a lot of approvals for cases that have transferred after September 2003. if you haven't done so in the past,I would advice you to take Congressional help in initiating an enquiry.

Contact Emily at (703)-435-0039 (Senator George Allen's office)and tell her about your situation. She has been helpful to a lot of people on this board.

P.S: The periodical processing reports published on the USCIS site for the Washington District Office is only meant for family based I-485 applications. The dates don't apply for Employement based petitions.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help

I called Emily this morning. She told me to fax her my case details so she could send enquiry to fairfax local office. I sent her my stuff as soon as I finished talking. Hopefully, I will get quick response. Thank you(H1BLayoff) so much for your help. :)

after my succesful interview on march 2nd, i want to let you all know that I received the actual green card today,....along with a welcome letter.

The only thing pending now is that my son who is 15 yrs old, did not get his passport stamped cause of FBI name check, security check. I would thank you if you could share some ideas as to what i can do about it.

thank you

Congrats Perico!

I got interviewed and stamped on March 1st. I have not received anything yet. Hopefully soon, God Willing !

Take care,

I think the best way is ,Please go to loacal office with App. and file it by person, there is an advantage with this one,you will get Receipt note immediatly, which could be easy to trace your appliaction in future.
all the best..
waitnfor485 said:
H1BLayOff,
Mine is employment based. They did asked me whether its employment based and they still asked me to send it to chicago. Per them chicago is helping out Washington DC office.

Save time, go to the local office and apply.

Save_intvu is right, It is almost nearing 4 weeks now after filing for the EAD extension. I didnot receive any kind of intimation from USCIS :mad: . If you can, go in and apply at the local office. I sent it by mail because I had 2 or more months for the old one to expire.

save_intvu said:
The best way that I think ,Please go to loacal office with App. and file it by person, there is an advantage with this one,you will get Receipt bote immediatly, which could be easy to trace your appliaction in future.
all the best..

Dude12 said:
Save_intvu is right, It is almost nearing 4 weeks now after filing for the EAD extension. I didnot receive any kind of intimation from USCIS :mad: . If you can, go in and apply at the local office. I sent it by mail because I had 2 or more months for the old one to expire.

I mailed my wife's EAD renewal application to the local office using Certified Mail and return receipt. You never know these local office people might just deny that you ever filed the application.

I am not sure if I will ever be able to see that EAD approved. By the way, you filed it two months prior to the expiration. If they don't approve your EAD by then, how are you going to work without EAD, looking at the fact that interim EAD will only be issued if it has been over 90 days since you filed ur application.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my plastic card in the mail on Saturday March 26th.

So it took a total of 26 days between the stamping and actually receiving the card.

I firstly thank God for this miracle and blessing , and would also like to thank everyone here for their useful insights.

Good luck to all who are waiting, myself and others here who now have their cards know exactly how frustrating it can get. Hang in there, our prayers are with you.

Goodluck to all!

March1st ... signing off.