Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

Its very happy for me to hear the news that my GC has been approved on 9th February 2005. I got a call just a while ago from Rajiv Khanna's office (being my lawyer for GC) and also i did received the fax copy which their office received from Immigration Office today.

The Letter stated as follows

"Dear Sir:

Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within the next twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from United Status Citizenship and Immigration Services. In order to receive this endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet at www.infopass.uscis.gov; under the section for the type of appointment, please select the one for an approval letter. On the day of your appointment, please bring with you this letter, a copy of your INFOPASS Appointment letter, your valid passport, and one other form of identification.

Sincerely,
Phyllis A. Howard
District Director Services.

Its a long journey i had. I got great support from the members of this forum in every stage of the process. This forum is a knowledgable resource.

Special thanks for you all being so patient to all my quesstions, clarifications and queries.
Congratulations Wonderfulboy. I am so happy to hear this excellent news.

no interview needed!!

My case and my wife's were transferred to Washington DC office on 07/22/2004 for an interview and further processing.

In late Dec, we received call for fingerprinting. Done on Jan 11, 2005.

While we are waiting for interview call, we got approval for my case on Jan 22, 2005, and RFE for my wife (copy of marriage certificate, though we had submitted it earlier, and copy of latest I-94).

Got my passport stamp yesterday Feb 14, 2005. Wife's RFE response has been received. Now waiting for her approval or interview call or next RFE.

Wanted to share with this thread, because I do not remember reading of any other case where the interview was finally not required.

Thanks to everyone that have been sharing information on this thread. I have been following this thread for more than six months, but this is my first posting.

Good luck everyone.

coolRunnings said:
My case and my wife's were transferred to Washington DC office on 07/22/2004 for an interview and further processing.

While we are waiting for interview call, we got approval for my case on Jan 22, 2005, and RFE for my wife (copy of marriage certificate, though we had submitted it earlier, and copy of latest I-94).

Got my passport stamp yesterday Feb 14, 2005. Wife's RFE response has been received. Now waiting for her approval or interview call or next RFE.

Wanted to share with this thread, because I do not remember reading of any other case where the interview was finally not required.

Thanks to everyone that have been sharing information on this thread. I have been following this thread for more than six months, but this is my first posting.

Good luck everyone.

Cool Runnings could you please tell us what was eaxctly written on your transfer notice which you got from vermont.

I would like to invite everyone who only view these threads to come ahead and post thier experience. The interview date can only be estimatated if a person on this thread gets the interview letter and posts the date here. Based on that others can estimate when thier letters will be in mail. I know its a guestimate but it gives people some hope. This thread has been a kind of tracker for interviews held at local office. Keep updating.

Like someone helped you getting the guestimate, can you help someone in the queue to get thiers.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for sharing cool exp., That will really help
Could you please post your case details like CAT,RD,TD,etc..
Thanks

coolRunnings said:

Good luck everyone.

no interview?

coolrunnings, this is very interesting!!
please could you share if your transfer notice said 'transferred for interview' or 'transferred for processing'...?
thanks!

I agree with h1blayoff's point. If you think it is helpful to read other's information in guesstimating your interview schedule, wouldn't it be nice to put your information to help others? Best of all, you can help others without paying any penny. Please come forward...

A tip for infopass...
According to my attorney, they only distribute infoPass between 5 to 7pm.
Hope this helps.

Congrats

First of all congrats to wonderful boy and all others who have been approved. I am so happy for all of you.

Now some update abt my case. Being inspired from Wonderful boy i had sent a fax to senator allan's office and emily evans office in december 2004. I had also sent an email to emily but never got a response. Last week I recd a letter from senator allan's office that my invw will be scheduled in 30-60 days. ( I hope so). Just now I also got an email from fbi abt the status of my name check. It was cleared in May 2003. ( so thats a good thing). I had sent em an email in Oct 2004.

I hope this helps.

ironklad said:
First of all congrats to wonderful boy and all others who have been approved. I am so happy for all of you.

Now some update abt my case. Being inspired from Wonderful boy i had sent a fax to senator allan's office and emily evans office in december 2004. I had also sent an email to emily but never got a response. Last week I recd a letter from senator allan's office that my invw will be scheduled in 30-60 days. ( I hope so). Just now I also got an email from fbi abt the status of my name check. It was cleared in May 2003. ( so thats a good thing). I had sent em an email in Oct 2004.

I hope this helps.

ironklad,

So you're all set for the interview then. Thanks for updating this thread with your info.

Hi Ironklad,

Thanks for taking me as an inspiration. Immediately forward the email you recieved from FBI to emily. Give her a call and let her know about it.

Take the copy of this letter what ever you have received to the interview also. If at all the officer says your security check is not cleared you can immediately show this to the officer. Good that you have the security check cleared report before the interview process. That saves lot of time buddy.

Keep everything ready for the interview. Arrange it for ready.

In the interview if at all the interviewer says it cannot be approved today because of some reason make sure you take some kind of a letter from the officer. Also ask the different questions that caused to delay the approval etc.

All the best for the interview. I expect all other team members in this forum who got transferred will also receive the interview letter.

hey guys, did i hear this right, that the case got approved from the local office without an interview, i think that is the greates new i have ever heard, my lawyer always says that they might send you ana pproval letter or interivew letter, it is nothing fixed about this thing, but i never belive him, because i nevere heard of a case like that, but now i would, and even trust my lawyer more onwhat he says

Interview Letter received

Hi there, I want to let you all know that I received my interview notice for me and my wife....the interview is set for mar 2nd 2005 with officer " C "
I applied for my 2 sons at the same time of my I-485, but no letter received yet for them.(will they send one? one's age is 13 and the other one 15)

They ask me to bring 3 years tax and w-2 plus employment letter that shows rate of pay and salary, medical exam...( which I already submitted) also the form I-131 I guess that is the form that says I sponsor my wife and kids? ( also was submitted with the 485 package already) pictures and documents that prove me and my wife live together.

if anyone can give me an Idea about what officer " c " is like. and any recomendations for the interview//////

I thank God and really hope that all of us waiting for interview get it soon and approved.

I140/I485 RD 04/15/2004(concurrent filing) EB3
I140 approved 08/04/2004
I-485 transfer date to local wash dc office 08/04/2004
finger print done 12/16/2004
interview date 03/02/2005

Any questions please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your input. I am not sure if you will continue to visit this forum now or not, but I will keep the forum posted with the updates in my case.

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Ironklad,

Thanks for taking me as an inspiration. Immediately forward the email you recieved from FBI to emily. Give her a call and let her know about it.

Take the copy of this letter what ever you have received to the interview also. If at all the officer says your security check is not cleared you can immediately show this to the officer. Good that you have the security check cleared report before the interview process. That saves lot of time buddy.

Keep everything ready for the interview. Arrange it for ready.

In the interview if at all the interviewer says it cannot be approved today because of some reason make sure you take some kind of a letter from the officer. Also ask the different questions that caused to delay the approval etc.

All the best for the interview. I expect all other team members in this forum who got transferred will also receive the interview letter.

Perico said:
Hi there, I want to let you all know that I received my interview notice for me and my wife....the interview is set for mar 2nd 2005 with officer " C "
I applied for my 2 sons at the same time of my I-485, but no letter received yet for them.(will they send one? one's age is 13 and the other one 15)

They ask me to bring 3 years tax and w-2 plus employment letter that shows rate of pay and salary, medical exam...( which I already submitted) also the form I-131 I guess that is the form that says I sponsor my wife and kids? ( also was submitted with the 485 package already) pictures and documents that prove me and my wife live together.

if anyone can give me an Idea about what officer " c " is like. and any recomendations for the interview//////

I thank God and really hope that all of us waiting for interview get it soon and approved.

I140/I485 RD 04/15/2004(concurrent filing) EB3
I140 approved 08/04/2004
I-485 transfer date to local wash dc office 08/04/2004
finger print done 12/16/2004
interview date 03/02/2005

Any questions please let me know

Congratulations Perico. Interview letter showing up in the mail box is the biggest surprise of the day. Keep us posted on your post interview details. In the mean time, start gathering all documents. Hope your name check & security check is through and you'll get stamped the same day.

All the best.

Perico said:
I spoke to Emily Evans At the Senator's office again, she said my case which was transferred aug 6 2004, can not be scheduled until late may or late june, she said that currently the DC office does not treat cases on first in, first out, rather she said they go by priority date????? Also she said that Vermont center just transferred 3,000 cases all at once.....she also said that the DC office is becoming more efficient????( I wonder which department )
my 485 Rd is 04/2004 and I was finger printed on dec of 2004.....

this is a nightmare............

As per your quote, looks like we should stop believing the feedback, senator's senator's office gets from the local office. Perico, in your case the feedback has proved to be completely wrong. Looks like the local office is trying to give some BS to keep senator's office from asking more questions.

What do you say guys?

I just got an interesting reply from local office through liaison inquiry (through my lawyer). The response is that they cannot answer for that any more because the case is in senator's unit. Emily responded to me some time ago that my case will be interviews in 30-60 days.

So, logically, it looks like when a senator asks about a case, the case is transferred to senator's unit and other unit cannot access the file. If this is true, it is possible that if senator asks about a case, at least the case must be checked and found and transferred to the unit which may trigger some action if it has been really forgotten.

Or, it is also possible that the case is simply marked with a note and they do not respond any other inquiries for the case.

Any idea?

quick_and_fast said:
I just got an interesting reply from local office through liaison inquiry (through my lawyer). The response is that they cannot answer for that any more because the case is in senator's unit. Emily responded to me some time ago that my case will be interviews in 30-60 days.

So, logically, it looks like when a senator asks about a case, the case is transferred to senator's unit and other unit cannot access the file. If this is true, it is possible that if senator asks about a case, at least the case must be checked and found and transferred to the unit which may trigger some action if it has been really forgotten.

Or, it is also possible that the case is simply marked with a note and they do not respond any other inquiries for the case.

Any idea?

I have heard about this sometime back in some other thread I guess. I would say that they must be having some kind of tracker. If they have already responded to the senator's office, it would be a waste of time to send same kind of feedback to any other office again.

Hi Perico,

Congratulations to hear that you got your interview letter. All the best for your interview.

Ironklad i will be regularly visiting this forum and give all my suggestions to people though i got my approval.

ZKHAN said:
Cool Runnings could you please tell us what was eaxctly written on your transfer notice which you got from vermont.

My case was transferred from California Processing Center (my company had transferred me from So. Cal. to DC area). The initial notice on the case status online said:

On June 30, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283

This was followed by an update a few weeks later (presumably made by the WAS/DC office):

On July 22, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

So, it explicitly mentioned "interview" as the reason for transfer in the initial update.

This might be a non-indicative case because of the transfer from California. But my co-worker also had exact same situation, and his 485 was approved from California, while mine was sent to local office here.

----Tracking Details----
Concurrent filing, labor substitution, started in California, transferred to WAS.
RD - Dec 31, 2002
FP1 - March, 2003
RFE- March, 2003
Reply to RFE - May, 2003
TD - July 22, 2004
I-140 Approval - Aug 22, 2004
FP2 - Jan 11, 2005
I-485 Approval - Jan 22, 2005
Ppt Stamp - Feb 14, 2005
------------------------