Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hi save_intvu,

Thanks for your wishes. I did my best. I left all to FBI (David Hardy's team). Luckily they responded within 9 days providing the security check status for both me and my wife. I did my interview on 9th and FBI completed security check for me on 13th Jan 2005.

I spoke to Emily today in the morning she said will notify the local office with the email i forwarded to her. She also said it might take 2-3 weeks for the file to be fully available for the the local office officer from FBI. So they might schedule for interview any time after 2-3 weeks.

I don't have any other way speeding up the process.

Also i am going on 21st i.e. Friday to get EAD and AP renewal for me and my wife in Local Office. During that time i will follow up and discuss with the officer about our 485 applications and Security check clearances. Let's see what will happen there guys.

Meanwhile PeaceInSpirit what's status for you? Is there any update for your Security Check? I know that brightstar had to wait some more time to clear his pending Security Check.

I hope every one is getting their cases helped by senator's office guys.

Congrats! Wonderfulboy. You are almost there.

So far, I haven't gotten anything back from FBI. As I noticed, the emails you and brightstar got from FBI are replies for your emails sent back to October, 04. So, I guess they are not dealing with any mails received after then.

good luck for everyone who is still waiting!

please answer if you guys have any info.

I have applied for EAD online on Dec, 20 04, and my EAD expires on 04,Feb,2005, I am using my EAD, it is not 90 days yet, If I go local office, can I get interm EAD. What should I do..

please help. :confused:

thank you

140/485/EAD/AP ND : 10/16/2003
140 Approved : 06/17/2004
485 Trans to DC : 06/17/2004
No FP yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Wonderfulboy. Glad to hear that your FBI check is thru. Haven't heard anything in my case, though Emily responded that they were suppose to schedule our interview in January. I have stopped thinking abt it. If it has to come, only time can know it not me.

Should I email to FBI and make sure that my name check is done. Can somebody provide email_id for David Hardy and also the format of the letter.

-Thanks

NoGCYet03, I was like you a month ago, just take the APP. and go to LOACL OFFICE, they will give renew your EAD, and will ask you to come back in week or 10 days to collect your EAD, I beleive you have to go immediatly.
I know it is tough to get APP., for any reason if you did not get the APP. then just go to local office and explain the probelm at front desk, most of the time they are allowing non-app member after the app members*(again, first try to get an app.)
Don't ask for interm EAD.
Thanks...

NoGCYet03 said:
I have applied for EAD online on Dec, 20 04, and my EAD expires on 04,Feb,2005, I am using my EAD, it is not 90 days yet, If I go local office, can I get interm EAD. What should I do..

please help. :confused:

thank you

140/485/EAD/AP ND : 10/16/2003
140 Approved : 06/17/2004
485 Trans to DC : 06/17/2004
No FP yet

Thank you

Thank you for the response, I got Appointment on Feb, 02,
I will go tomorrow, and I will try without appointment,
As I understand I should fill the new application for EAD, they they will ask me to come back in ten days.

Let see what will happen..

thank you..

NoGCYet03, If your appliaction is at loacl INS, then all you need to take your orginal receipt note or transfer note of EAD, they will bring physical copy of your appliaction and they will aprove infornt of you.you no need to fill another appliaction.

NoGCYet03 said:
Thank you for the response, I got Appointment on Feb, 02,
I will go tomorrow, and I will try without appointment,
As I understand I should fill the new application for EAD, they they will ask me to come back in ten days.

Let see what will happen..

thank you..

I just got an email from FBI about my name check

Dear Ms. xxx,

I am responding to your letter received January 5, 2005, requesting status for an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning xxx revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January 9, 2003 and it was completed on January 15, 2005. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

save_intvu said:
NoGCYet03, If your appliaction is at loacl INS, then all you need to take your orginal receipt note or transfer note of EAD, they will bring physical copy of your appliaction and they will aprove infornt of you.you no need to fill another appliaction.

save_intvu

I have applied online, I am not sure whether they have it or not, but any way I will have one application ready, incase if they ask.
thank you very much for the info.

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

Good to hear that PeaceInSpirit. How should we make it from there? We both are in same situation now. Mine was sent to USCIS on 13th Jan 2005 and yours on 15th Jan 2005.

How can we trigger now the officer to send us the letter for stamping? I talked to Emily about her to inform that our security checks are cleared. I forwarded her the email which i got from David Hardy. She said, she will forward that mail to the local office. That's the best she can do.

She also said that generally it takes 2-3 weeks time for local office to get the report in their systems etc. They might schedule the stamping after that time frame.

I don't know what else can be done now to expedite the process to get the stamping done early.

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

Also I feel i am lucky with respect to our name check process. This is what is sent by David Hardy

"Dear Mr. Wonderfulboy:

I am responding to your email dated October 20, 2004, concerning the
name check status of you and your wife, xxx.

The FBI completed a name check for Sreedevi on March 9, 2003, and also
on December 30, 2004. A name check was completed for you on January 13,
2005. The results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section

There is difference in the message which you received and i got. In yours he mentioned the date USCIS requested for Name check. In mine its not yet requested by USCIS at all looks like. He didn't mention any such date. Just because i requested through email may be they have done it. I am not sure.

Is that assumption true friends? If i might have not triggered through email etc. i probably might have to wait till USCIS local office request FBI for the report.

I think you are right, wonderfulboy. Also, there is difference for our current status. My name check result was sent to USCIS, and yours were sent to D.C office. So, only if the local office check my name check status, they won't know it's done. But they would know that yours is done as long as they received the result from the FBI. You are lucky. And you have an inforpass for this week, so you can ask them directly, and bring your passport with you, just in case they can stamp your passport right away.

I am trying to get an inforpass now, but no lucky yet. I also forward the FBI's email to senator warner's office, hope Ms. Peterson can help me to notify the local office and trigger them to send me the approval letter. If I am no lucky to get an inforpass, I will just go to the office directly with the email from Mr. Hardy and the interview result.

I will also take the Letter which was forwarded by David Hardy regarding my FBI name check on Friday i.e. 21st January and will ask the officer if they can follow up on it. I will carry my passport too along with me. Lets see how much luck i can come across with.

Thanks PeaceInSpirit for the advice.

That is good news, PeaceInSpirit.
I had also sent an e-mail from my wife's account on same day as you, Jan 5th 2005. Not got anything back as yet.
In the meantime, her case has now moved from DC to Houston local office
and she had new FPs done on 13th Jan.

PeaceInSpirit said:
I just got an email from FBI about my name check

Dear Ms. xxx,

I am responding to your letter received January 5, 2005, requesting status for an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning xxx revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January 9, 2003 and it was completed on January 15, 2005. The results were forwarded to USCIS.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section

NoGCYet03, I am not sure about the on-line application filling system, if you filled to loacl office then they must behaving your appliaction physically in file.
I wish you all the best..
NoGCYet03 said:
save_intvu

I have applied online, I am not sure whether they have it or not, but any way I will have one application ready, incase if they ask.
thank you very much for the info.