Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Congrats! NoVAguy.
They say like that you will receive cards 3-6 months. But We got our cards in 3 weeks after the approval notices or 1 week after stamping. Congrats again and best of luck to all our friends who are waiting for their day.

Thanks

What's the difference between Security Check and FBI name check and which one takes longer?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cmyk55,

Both mean the same. Usually takes 120-160 days to complete the Security/name check. I think FBI does that only when INS requests for it.

We never know what stage after filing 485 do INS invoke FBI to get the report the checks. But its a must for all the cases independent of local transfer case or case approved in service centers. All 485 cases need to have "No Record" from security check.

In case of local transfer cases ideally INS should request FBI to get the security check report and schedule the interview only after getting the security check feedback. That's what happened for NovaGuy.

But in cases like mine, PeaceInSpirit, Brightstar, adnamj they called us for the interview even before they have security/name check feedback from FBI. Thats the jeopardy.

In my case iam not completely sure whether INS got feedback from FBI by the time of my interview but that information is not available with the officer who interviewed me or they haven't got feedback from FBI.

The officer who interviewed is not that interactive and cooperative. Even i am frustrated after hearing that he can't stamp my passport because of security check. After that i couldn't concentrate in the interview. That's the reason i couldn't clearly ask him where exactly is my security check status.

Also the special think is the officer who interviewed himself told me that he is not in Adjustment of Status section but from Naturalization section. That's the reason he said i will take all the documentation i provided (like W2, Pay Stubs, Employment Letter, Tax Returns etc) and verify with another officer also.

I don't know what the crap they are doing in 3 1/2 months time after the case got transferred.

NovaGuy is lucky to get a good officer in the interview.

End Result is we need to wait till they respond back to us. The officer took my mobile number also. Hope he will call me any time and tell that my security check and other documentation verification is cleared.

Please read: Thats why your name check got stuck

CBS/AP) The FBI's $581 million effort to modernize its antiquated computer system to help prevent terrorist attacks has suffered a serious reversal, the Los Angeles Times reports.

The newspaper, citing unidentified sources, says the centerpiece of that effort - a $170 million computer software program called "Virtual Case File" - is already viewed as inadequate and outdated by FBI officials.

The newspaper said the Bureau may seek proposals for a new software system in the spring. The software was expected to be completed by the end of 2003, but the FBI is no longer giving an estimate on when it might be ready.

Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., told the Times that the abandonment of the system would be a "stunning reversal of progress. If the software has failed … that sets us back a long way."

Judd is the chairman of the Senate subcommittee that oversees FBI funding.

The software system was developed by Science Applications International Corp. of San Diego. The newspaper said the firm had declined to comment on the matter apart from indicating that it had "successfully completed" delivery of initial version of the software last month.

The Virtual Case File system has been on the ropes for months.

Last May, an outside report by technology experts for the National Research Council concluded that the software "is not now and unlikely to be an adequate tool for counterterrorism analysis because (it) was designed with criminal investigation requirements in mind."

The council's report pointedly criticized plans to allow agents to begin using Virtual Case File - a system aimed at letting investigators anywhere in the world quickly share information - before it has been rigorously field-tested. The council called that "highly risky" and "nearly guaranteed to cause mission-critical failures and further delays."

The council is a nonprofit research board operating under the National Academies of Science.

The FBI's overhaul of its antiquated computer system has progressed very slowly. It was launched in November 2000 with an estimated $380 million price tag and a completion date of 2003. The price tag has risen to $581 million, and there is now no target date for completion.

©MMV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Went to immigration office today

Went to the fricking Fairfax office today after taking infopass two weeks ago.
The fricking person in front desk said that I can only check the stutus of a case only after four months from the interview.
I am sick and tired from that fucking immigration process.

brightstar,

I am so regret to hear this bad news. The officer interviewed me told me that I can go back to check the status once a month to see if there is any change on the name check, but better let the senator office do, since I've already asked the senator office to check the status of my case. Did you contact any of the senator offices?

Transfer Notice

Hello everyone:

My case was transferred from TSC to Washington DC office on Dec 15 as per on line status. However, I have never received any transfer notice from TSC or any receipt notice from Washington DC office acknowledging the receipt of my transferred case. Did any one receive any receipt notice from TSC (or any other Service Center) or DC office after transfer of their case. I have feeling that they did not update my address in their case file although I send AR-11 to KY office and TSC both and also called the Customer Center to update my address. Will appreciate you help. Is it possible to walk in to DC office to check whether they received the transferred case and to verify the address on record.

They also transferred my I-131 from TSC to VSC on the same date and I never received any receipt notice from VSC.

Will very much appreciate your help.

transfer notice

elpaso2004 said:
Hello everyone:

My case was transferred from TSC to Washington DC office on Dec 15 as per on line status. However, I have never received any transfer notice from TSC or any receipt notice from Washington DC office acknowledging the receipt of my transferred case. Did any one receive any receipt notice from TSC (or any other Service Center) or DC office after transfer of their case. I have feeling that they did not update my address in their case file although I send AR-11 to KY office and TSC both and also called the Customer Center to update my address. Will appreciate you help. Is it possible to walk in to DC office to check whether they received the transferred case and to verify the address on record.

They also transferred my I-131 from TSC to VSC on the same date and I never received any receipt notice from VSC.

Will very much appreciate your help.

Elpaso2004,

My case was recently transferred from VSC to DC office. It happened on the 4th of Jan and I received a notice on the 8th of jan notifying of the change and the address of the local immigration office.

It could be that they didnot update the address, even if that happens it might take a little time to get the notices because once they are bounced off your old address, they would send you the notice and a brainwash :mad: letter asking you to update your address. The same thing happened to me for the FP notice. But luckily received in time to do the FP.

Good Luck

brightstar,

I can understand ur frustration. But try to take it easy. I dont even think abt my GC anymore. If i get it 1 fine day its fine if I dont its fine. I dont think it is worth the tension that I was goin thru.

Peace Out

Recieved FBI reponse

Recieved reply today ( Saturday):

I am responding to your email dated October 20, 2004, concerning your
name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a
request from the USCIS was received on October 8, 2004, and it is currently
in a pending status. You may be assured that the immigration
authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of
your case.

I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section

Pending until when?. What my course of action and options can be?. I faxed them yesterday FOIA. did that trigered their response?

FBI Response For me and my Wife

Dear Mr. Wonderfulboy:

I am responding to your email dated October 20, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your wife, xxxx.

The FBI completed a name check for your wife on March 9, 2003, and also on December 30, 2004. A name check was completed for you on January 13, 2005. The results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Program Section
Records Management Division

wonderfulboy said:
Dear Mr. Wonderfulboy:

I am responding to your email dated October 20, 2004, concerning the name check status of you and your wife, xxxx.

The FBI completed a name check for your wife on March 9, 2003, and also on December 30, 2004. A name check was completed for you on January 13, 2005. The results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Program Section
Records Management Division

You can put the champagne on ice now.

Congratulations.

Now since the name check hurdle is done. Waiting for the local office send a letter for me to invite for stamping and rescheduling interview for my wife.

Why don't you share you this name check email with senator Allen's office?? Hopefully they will do something about it.

Dude12 said:
Elpaso2004,

My case was recently transferred from VSC to DC office. It happened on the 4th of Jan and I received a notice on the 8th of jan notifying of the change and the address of the local immigration office.

It could be that they didnot update the address, even if that happens it might take a little time to get the notices because once they are bounced off your old address, they would send you the notice and a brainwash :mad: letter asking you to update your address. The same thing happened to me for the FP notice. But luckily received in time to do the FP.

Good Luck

Thank you very much Dude12. I guess I will have to seek help from USCIS famous Customer Service

Zkhan,

Immediately after i read the email i got from FBI i forwarded that to Emily requesting her to followup with local office to arrange for my GC stamping and also rescheduling the interview for my wife too.

I am just waiting for the final game now. Hope Everything will be resolved now.

Wonderfulboy, First Congratulations...
No doubt, This is all just because of your efforts.
I wish you all the best.

wonderfulboy said:
Zkhan,

Immediately after i read the email i got from FBI i forwarded that to Emily requesting her to followup with local office to arrange for my GC stamping and also rescheduling the interview for my wife too.

I am just waiting for the final game now. Hope Everything will be resolved now.